Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

Tri-County has wonderful values and does great things for the community. I love the population we serve. My co-workers are very supportive and are always willing to help me out when needed.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

2. "Financial Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co workers and pay rate

Cons

The inconsistency. There is also very little communications between departments.

3. "Great until you’re exposed to upper management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Pros

Great mission and some highly dedicated staff there for the right reasons.

Cons

Upper management is lacking in support, communication and understanding. Some employees working directly with upper management experience a hostile work environment due to agency culture and value given to psychiatrist over others.

Advice to Management

Support your employees and show them they are valued, provide a safe working environment, communicate with staff more efficiently.

4. "Low pay, A lot of work"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

Helping others to detox and stay clean.

Cons

Way below average pay for nurses.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more money

5. "Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my immediate coworkers and most of the clients. I like the independence and flexibility in my job. My job is 8-5 and no overtime.

Cons

The upper management is out of touch with field based workers. Their policy and procedures often create a hostile work environment. There are no raises for excellence or longevity.

Advice to Management

Create an environment in which the staff feel encouraged and want to improve themselves. Give raises and better opportunities for growth if you want better retension

6. "It's OK"

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

They always try to do the best to help clients. Nice new facility.

Cons

Not enough staff to complete tasks, and not a lot of opportunity for advancing within the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff in what and how the job can be improved for them. Make the employee feel they are doing their jobs right.

"Coordinator, Child and Adolescent Mental Health"

Former Employee - Coordinator, Child and Adolescent MH in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Coordinator, Child and Adolescent MH in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Lack of compassion- My employee's family member died so he was not there for his last day of work, and they wanted to withhold his pay because he wasn't there to return his computer on the last day. One-hundred percent pure evil!
    Management will blame you for everything and throw you under the bus at every opportunity.
    Management is two-faced and fake.
    Poor training- I was not properly trained on how to do my job, and then I was criticized for not knowing how to do it.
    Terrible Benefits-If you are injured on the job, they will fire you.
    They will fire you for any possible reason, and are always looking for an excuse.
    VERY HIGH TURNOVER- However, management in that department does not think it's her fault.
    Politics-I tried to transfer to another position, and my boss "poisoned the water" so that I couldn't.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice because I don't think it would do any good.

8. "Broken System of Care"

Current Employee - Field Worker in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Field Worker in Conroe, TX

Pros

Lots of practice with assessments and treatment planning, opportunity to learn about area resources and what is needed in the community, nice patients who just want to improve their lives, and the chance to get reimbursed for college courses.

Cons

Managing a large caseload of patients who are ON then OFF their meds is not fun. Many times the patient's medication isn't available for pick up as previously scheduled following discharge from the hospital, and the patient is told to "come back next week." But they can't come back because they don't have reliable transportation to get a ride back up here that soon. So the patient goes without meds and becomes psychotic or suicidal again and ends up back in the hospital or MIA altogether. Months of progress down the drain. It is sad & frustrating. Working here is dismal. Limited resources. Management doesn't care. Weak leadership. Lots of funding spent on fancy desks, big wig chairs, and a new building with very few dollars being spent on direct care or innovative treatment programs. Some patients say tri-county "feels like prison." it is hard to work with such heavy topics day in and out. Not much fun and can be boring at times.

Advice to Management

After years of employee and patient complaints, you proven you can't do it. Stop placing blame.

9. "Psychosocial Rehab Specialist/MH Case Coordinator"

Former Employee - MH Case Coordinator/Psychosocial Rehab Specialist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers were absolutely amazing, and really your only ally.

Cons

Felt like being in a MH facility where the "powers that be" do not care about their employees mental health.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as though they matter, and your high turn over rate would decrease.

"Epic Fail."

Former Employee - Program Clinician in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Program Clinician in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's rewarding to help the mentally ill
    Competitive benefits

Cons

Unfriendly cutthroat staff, major stress, constant turnover, cramped office space, favoritism, nepotism, incompetent management

Advice to Management

Get some professional help.