Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my immediate coworkers and most of the clients. I like the independence and flexibility in my job. My job is 8-5 and no overtime.

Cons

The upper management is out of touch with field based workers. Their policy and procedures often create a hostile work environment. There are no raises for excellence or longevity.

Advice to Management

Create an environment in which the staff feel encouraged and want to improve themselves. Give raises and better opportunities for growth if you want better retension

2. "It's OK"

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

They always try to do the best to help clients. Nice new facility.

Cons

Not enough staff to complete tasks, and not a lot of opportunity for advancing within the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff in what and how the job can be improved for them. Make the employee feel they are doing their jobs right.

"Coordinator, Child and Adolescent Mental Health"

Former Employee - Coordinator, Child and Adolescent MH in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Coordinator, Child and Adolescent MH in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Lack of compassion- My employee's family member died so he was not there for his last day of work, and they wanted to withhold his pay because he wasn't there to return his computer on the last day. One-hundred percent pure evil!
    Management will blame you for everything and throw you under the bus at every opportunity.
    Management is two-faced and fake.
    Poor training- I was not properly trained on how to do my job, and then I was criticized for not knowing how to do it.
    Terrible Benefits-If you are injured on the job, they will fire you.
    They will fire you for any possible reason, and are always looking for an excuse.
    VERY HIGH TURNOVER- However, management in that department does not think it's her fault.
    Politics-I tried to transfer to another position, and my boss "poisoned the water" so that I couldn't.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice because I don't think it would do any good.

4. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

Tri-County has wonderful values and does great things for the community. I love the population we serve. My co-workers are very supportive and are always willing to help me out when needed.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

5. "Broken System of Care"

Current Employee - Field Worker in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Field Worker in Conroe, TX

Pros

Lots of practice with assessments and treatment planning, opportunity to learn about area resources and what is needed in the community, nice patients who just want to improve their lives, and the chance to get reimbursed for college courses.

Cons

Managing a large caseload of patients who are ON then OFF their meds is not fun. Many times the patient's medication isn't available for pick up as previously scheduled following discharge from the hospital, and the patient is told to "come back next week." But they can't come back because they don't have reliable transportation to get a ride back up here that soon. So the patient goes without meds and becomes psychotic or suicidal again and ends up back in the hospital or MIA altogether. Months of progress down the drain. It is sad & frustrating. Working here is dismal. Limited resources. Management doesn't care. Weak leadership. Lots of funding spent on fancy desks, big wig chairs, and a new building with very few dollars being spent on direct care or innovative treatment programs. Some patients say tri-county "feels like prison." it is hard to work with such heavy topics day in and out. Not much fun and can be boring at times.

Advice to Management

After years of employee and patient complaints, you proven you can't do it. Stop placing blame.

6. "Psychosocial Rehab Specialist/MH Case Coordinator"

Former Employee - MH Case Coordinator/Psychosocial Rehab Specialist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers were absolutely amazing, and really your only ally.

Cons

Felt like being in a MH facility where the "powers that be" do not care about their employees mental health.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as though they matter, and your high turn over rate would decrease.

"Epic Fail."

Former Employee - Program Clinician in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Program Clinician in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's rewarding to help the mentally ill
    Competitive benefits

Cons

Unfriendly cutthroat staff, major stress, constant turnover, cramped office space, favoritism, nepotism, incompetent management

Advice to Management

Get some professional help.

8. "Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met nice people and genuine long term connections.

Cons

They are all about quotas and money. They don't care about their employees. Eliminated my position right before Thanksgiving no warning nothing. Didn't have another job for me. Kept my office mate, but let me go and I have a social work degree and a Social Work License

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate with your employees better, Just because you've worked the field for a number of years does not mean you will be a great manager.

"Horrible training"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Conroe, TX

Pros

Being able to provide resources to clients to improve their lives. There is new management, so things are starting to get better.

Cons

Training is minimal once you get past the computer training and start at your division. You have to ask for tools to help you do your job effectively (cell phone, air card/wifi). Someone should plan ahead and get these to staff in a timely manner. The office set up is not good for productivity after being out in the field working all day.

Advice to Management

Keep lines of communication open between you and your staff. Listen.

"Work free lunch hour? What's that?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

I worked at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience working directly with clients. Provided a laptop to complete reports while in the field. Mileage is reimbursed monthly.

Cons

Poor management team who believe keeping up constant threats of write ups and termination as encouragement to improve billable hours. (Environment stressful and ripe for fraud). Management provides poor feedback. High turn over rate. Expect working through lunch to be a common occurrence. Hard to take time off since it counts against your billable hours for the month.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and provide actual usable feedback; do not repeat what we have already tried numerous times and say "give it another chance." Acknowledge good employees; make their hard work actually mean something other than "you met your hours this month, let's make sure you keep it up next month." Stop thinking it's the employees that are failing to work effectively- it's time to look at yourselves.