KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 118 of over 124 reviews

3.5
TriStar Centennial Medical Center CEO Scott Cihak
Scott Cihak
Pros
  • "Good pay, good benefits, and great flexibility of work hours(in 5 reviews)

• "Good coworkers, flexible scheduling and plenty of overtime(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Short staffed stress work equipment is dated(in 7 reviews)

• "no techs on any floor besides the ortho floor and most floors, especially med-surg floors with multiple total care patients and not many resources(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work!

Sep 30, 2021 - Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get a lot of help from my co workers. We have a great relationship and I learn new things every day. My direct boss is the best. She listens and goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs and preferences. She took care of ergonomics for us, which is rare. She is fair and very helpful. If you have a problem, or need anything, she will take care of it that day, when you submit the request! The best thing about Centennial is the people working there; and the worst is the patients (who are very sick)!

Cons

A lot of walking in this large hospital, but you get to do your steps. Very sick patients. Many times I leave the patient's room crying because I see young people dying. In Pediatrics, some parents think you are harming their child when you are actually doing your job. Sometimes it is too busy. Transport doesn't work properly, you can't rely on it. Sometimes nurses won't help, but I can see they are too busy.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Registered Nurse Review

Sep 13, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great teamwork, a chance to grow your skills, good management (to a point)

Cons

short-staffed, pay travel nurses 3x more than core staff, hard to move within the company.

Social Media Specialist

Your feedback means a lot to us. We're able to learn and, in turn, grow from your experience when we share it with our team. Thank you.

3. Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    4. 5.0

Great job

Sep 7, 2021 - Secretary
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you enjoy customer service, you'll enjoy working for Tristar

Cons

Angry callers. But it's par for the course.

Social Media Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us so we can learn from it. We will share your comments with our team.

5. 4.0

Cath lab PACU

Aug 28, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly coworkers always get a lunch break

Cons

don't always get my hours (elective area)

Social Media Specialist

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We understand your comments and concerns and we will share them with our team so we can learn from your experience.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Understaffed all time

Oct 1, 2021 - Srna in Nash, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is more in KY per hour than TN where cost of living is double

Cons

All the time understaffed. Contracted people get lesser work load and higher wages.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Low pay with little advancement but good work environment

Aug 17, 2021 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Floated to a lot of the medical surgical floors. Managers and coworkers were typically pleasant and had good teamwork. Hospital is very nice as lots of renovations have taken place.

Cons

Low pay ($24/hr as a new grad) and no raise opportunities in sight.

Social Media Specialist

We appreciate your feedback! We will share your feedback with our team so that we can make adjustments where needed and continue to motivate our team to provide a positive environment.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Management

Aug 23, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Nashville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management and HR at Centennial is very hard to get a hold of. I love my nurse manager but the entire hospital does not work well with their employees.

Cons

No communication. This is something that I've noticed throughout my time working here.

Social Media Specialist

We really appreciate your feedback! It is great to hear from our current and past colleagues about their experience so we can always continue to make improvements and provide a positive and safe environment.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Centennial

Aug 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big hospital with lots of opportunities, there is a good group of doctors, and you do get to see a lot of different things due to location and size

Cons

They are Understaffed, employees are underpaid, and management micromanages the staff and isn’t worried about patient care.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback about your experience! It's helpful to us to learn from our colleagues' experiences. We understand your frustration and will share your thoughts with our team.

10. 3.0

Standard issue hospital

Aug 12, 2021 - Nurse Practitioner in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, procuring needed supplies, not getting cancelled or furloughed.

Cons

Staffing, high management turnover, expensive health insurance benefits

11. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

HCA does not care about employees

Jul 30, 2021 - Critical Care Float Pool RN in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a Panera in the food court now.

Cons

Understaffed, underpaid, under appreciated. It is all about how many patients they can see, not what is safe for those patients, the nurses, doctors, or anyone else involved in patient care. They change staffing ratios mid shift just to accept more patients that they don’t have the staff for.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are actively working to hire more staff. We will share your comments with our team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 118 Reviews