TriVita Reviews | Glassdoor

TriVita Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2019

2.4
TriVita CEO Michael R. Ellison (no image)
Michael R. Ellison
  1. "Director of Publications"

Former Employee - Director of Publications in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great mission, leaders, integrity - very much enjoyed working there.

Cons

Mom & pop owned - sometimes hard to advance.

TriVita2017-10-02

"TriVita isn't paying the compensation owed to it's ITBO's unless they are business builders."

Current Employee - Independent TriVita Business Owner in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TriVita part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are none. If the products were made using no synthetic ingredients and were Organic it would be much better

Cons

Not getting paid your due compensation! When you acquired customers through the old Coop system you earned compensation at 21% of 70-80% of the product value. In recent years that dropped to 20% of approx. 52% of product value. The new Coop program is currently paying those that spend the money to participate in this program get 40% of the product value weekly, for now. We have to pay back office fees to access... our customers and we have to spend money every month qualifying our account in order to get the compensation. So far we are not getting that compensation but if we miss qualifying our account we will not get paid our compensation. It costs us money every month to qualify our account yet they are behind in paying us what they owe us. Eventually I believe people will stop giving TriVita the money to qualify their account and the compensation ,when it eventually pays, will go to the upline. A large amount of customers in the database are duplicates which means that if compensation is paid it only goes to one person yet many ITBO's acquired these customers through the Coop program at a cost of approx. $100.00 per contact. These customers made TriVita money by being in the system more than once and in some cases 5,6 7 times. If a customer doesn't order for a few months their phone number disappears from the back office, that we pay to maintain ,so we have no way of contacting them. These customers were to have paid compensation to the ITBO's for life once acquired. The uplines that have a lot of ITBO's under them will get the compensation so they won't be complaining about our loss of compensation.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing and pay the compensation you owe to the ITBO's from the old cycle of COOP instead of paying 40% weekly to those that choose to acquire customers through the new program. That seems to be building TriVita's business while destroying those of us that acquired our customers ( at a cost of $100.00 each). You might want to pay attention before we contact the Federal Trade Commission to file a... complaint.

TriVita2019-08-13
  3. "Trivita does not pay their ITBOs"

Current Employee - ITBO in Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at TriVita full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Products seem to be well researched

Cons

Trivita does not pay their ITBOs their share of the commission they earned. Trivita claims cash flow problems. They believe that their telling their commissioned salespeople to get in line and that maybe they will be pais is a good strategy. I think not.

Advice to Management

Pay us our commissions or we will shut you down.

TriVita2019-07-25

"Member Services, Wellness Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales, Consulting in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hours reasonable, good location if you live in the area. Don,t travel for any jobs in this company. Products are good quality. No weekends. Light on meetings. Little or no overtime required. Gym and wellness center, benefits about on par generally.

Cons

Don't look to the long term if you start there. Little or no promotions offered. I had no comp raise in over five years. No match on the 401K. Pay is below most other similar jobs. You can get fired unexpectedly. Layoffs frequent. Company has a hard time maintaining profitability, and takes it out on employees. Has gone from 300 employees to under 100 in the last five years. No growth situation. Okay to work there... for a while, but don't bank on it.

Advice to Management

The family that runs the company, should step back, and turn it over to more progressive and professional management and marketing people. Company mission has a lot of potential in todays world.

TriVita2018-04-09

"customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TriVita full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful mission. Wellness Center & Gym onsite.

Cons

Outdated platform, Family run which can be a pro and a con.

Advice to Management

Not only listen to employee suggestions but try some of the great ideas.

TriVita2017-10-27

"Laid Off Performance Manager"

Former Employee - Performance Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay, Decent Benefits, Good coworkers, Good Products

Cons

Upper Managment, Nepotism, Marketing is dated, affiliate program is always changing in the favor of upper management and their bottom line.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO and his family! get a good formulator again. go back to being a wellness company and connect with your customers and help them.

TriVita2017-04-07

"So much good, so much not good...."

I worked at TriVita full-time

Pros

The people at TriVita are amazing, the Wellness Center group is awesome. Having the onsite medical and workout area is wonderful and very helpful. You feel like they really want to help on your wellness journey. The mid management people are wonderful and helpful when they can be, but their hands are tied. PTO amount is very generous.

Cons

Wellness feels forced, whether you want to be on a journey or not, you need to be on one if you want to be "happy" at work. Upper Management need to quit being "yes men" and start actually telling Mr Ellison what is going on, and give true opinions instead of just agreeing with him - don't get me wrong, he is an amazing man and has wonderful ideas. I believe he truly cares but, he needs to know how things are... really happening and that not ALL of his ideas are great.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more, give them incentive to stay - an annual raise and review, would go a long way in keeping up with the cost of living. TriVita was a premium place to work a few years ago, now they are so behind on wages benefits that getting good people has to be hard. You have to let people know you value them, not just by telling them, but showing them too... and a trophy after a few years doesn't cut it...

TriVita2017-03-03
  8. "Wellness Consultant is selling vitamins with Cross Sell and Upsell. The top five sales people get more sales calls."

Current Employee - Wellness Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TriVita full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are great if you are chosen to be permanent.

Cons

Competitive. Metrics change, management could be more supportive. It is bias, the top five sales people get the sales calls.

Advice to Management

Give employees a chance to learn all products and build upsale cross sell sells. Trust your employees are making the best decisions for company and customers. Give everyone a blend of customer service and sales calls. The top five that gets the sales calls is bias.

TriVita2017-02-14

"Wellness Consultant"

Former Employee - Wellness Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company. I was a long term emplolyee over 10 years and they laid me off. They also laid off a lot of good people besides me.

Cons

I started off at 13.00 per hour and after 10+ years was making 14.99 per hour. They don't give raises and you are micro-managed to the point where you have to ask to go to the bathroom. They had very strict quality assurance rules where you had to make sure you covered about twenty things on the call. You had to get at least a 90% score every week or it counted against your performance. Also you have to make the... customer wait on the phone while you entered the cust service notes.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the strict rules for quality assurance and let us concentrate on good customer service.

TriVita2016-04-23
  10. "Call Center Leadership"

in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at TriVita for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits - 100% paid by employer Positive environment

Cons

no room for growth at the call center level

Advice to Management

Stay focused on employees. Make sure they feel valued and appreciated. Good luck.

TriVita2016-03-10