TriZetto Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Jude Dieterman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best work-life balance of anywhere I've ever worked (in 30 reviews)

• Good Work From Home/Time off policies (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • They are moving forward now with removing work life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Upper management completely out of touch (in 25 reviews)

1. "Love my team and management"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great boss to work for. Good work-life balance. Learning and improving my skills through guidance

Cons

The merge with Cognizant has proven a little disorganized. Getting basic requests completed takes a long time.

2. "Account manager"

I have been working at TriZetto full-time

Pros

I have a great management team that cares about your development and improvement

Cons

Pay is not competitive

3. "I'd work here... Oh, I do."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, likeable coworkers, flexible work schedule, career growth opportunities, competitive pay, keeping busy.

Cons

There are some upper management issues where they lack the ability to use constructive criticism to their benefit.

4. "Technical Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time

Pros

The pay is good, but there is a reason for that. I was expected to be available on demand a lot. Benefits are reasonable and meet average standards.

Cons

I left the company for a few reasons. Cognizant seems to be out of touch with employees, customer and healthcare technology. An offshore centralized organization is difficult to navigate because of the lean, non-diverse, egocentric, chaotic environment that it is. Products failed and then were reinvented at the cost of the employees' sanity and customer satisfaction. I don't know who I report to over my Director level, and the offshore management could care less about me working here. Management doesn't know what I do here, so I am forced to track my time down to the minute every day. I thought this was a salary position, but they treat me like a juvenile delinquent. I work a constant shift here, because they don't want to hire for onshore only customers. I can't break away for personal time because the PTO policy is only two weeks per year.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice. Nothing will change here. Jude and a lot of top management are gone.

5. "Cognizant acquisition has been by far the worst experience - leadership seems clueless/helpless"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For exempt, unlimited PTO, casual dress (jeans), pretty solid work/life balance
    I wish I had more to rave about but it is pretty mediocre at best, definitely nothing to write home about. Feels like people here are pretty much content or maybe just fatigued with how disorganized we are and the state of affairs we are in so it doesn't seem like anyone is fighting to change (this is not a pro, just filling up the character space). The PTO is pretty much the big pro and you can wear jeans.

Cons

I can't begin to describe how horrendous the Cognizant acquisition has been - the communication has been abhorrent, nobody in our part of the business (i.e., TriZetto) had any clue what's going on - nobody knows where to get information from or who to contact for answers, we are literally left to fumble through new systems and processes without any explanation or understanding of how to use them. Not exaggerating, we just went 4 months without being able to hire a single person because nobody (including our CEO and senior executives) had a clue how to push requisitions through all of the approval processes. It really has been so disappointing and honestly feels like we're on an island because there is no one available to support our company. All of the IT support is in India so you can't understand anything over the phone, it's just a mess.

Advice to Management

I don't know where you would start. You have got to figure out how to make this integration less painful - we all know growing pains, but this is truly poor.

6. "Product Designer"

I worked at TriZetto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team culture, most co-workers like to work together.

Cons

Being ran by an overseas company

7. "questionable stability"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at TriZetto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

competitive pay
    continued opportunity to increase industry knowledge base
    good comradery among the "worker bees"

Cons

little to no room for advancement
    workload to employee ratio low
    questionable stability

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are humans not machines.
    Update the cultural to offer some form of stress relief.

8. "Was great, until it wasn't."

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work for a subsidiary of Trizetto - excellent environment, culture, people. It was everything I wanted in a perm position. Technology was current and growing, training budget allocated. The company had fun.

Cons

TZ was bought by a huge company, based largely offshore and the changes have been coming down like a waterfall. Flex hours? Gone because of restricted meeting times to include offshore personnel. Open door policy? Gone, Trust in leadership team? Gone. Even though we met our annual goals as a company, or bonuses were cut because other subsidiaries of the new parent company didn't meet theirs.

Advice to Management

None that can be given postmortem.

9. "Overall good company"

Current Employee - Senior Provider Enrollment Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Provider Enrollment Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, room for growth, affordable benefits, supervisors are very helpful with career growth, there are always opportunities to move around within the company

Cons

Recently bought out by Cognizant so there are a lot of changes going on and the communication from Cognizant is not effective

Advice to Management

None

10. "Run away from this nightmare!"

Former Employee - Service Delivery
    Former Employee - Service Delivery

I worked at TriZetto full-time

Pros

When TriZetto was TriZetto it was a great company. Interesting and challenging work, respect for others within the company as well as solid coworkers.

Cons

Where to begin? Since TriZetto was taken over by Cognizant it has been a nightmare. Cognizant is an IT company based in India and they have no idea how to manage software relative to the U.S. Healthcare system. The transition to all Cognizant systems has been ineffective and difficult. There is never anyone at the “help desk” to assist you. A great majority of TZ positions are either being eliminated or replaced by offshore folks in India. This includes the service delivery model, which is a client -facing role. Yes, teams in India are replacing a client -facing role in the U.S. You heard that correctly. So there was approximately 40% of the Service Delivery staff that had their jobs eliminated/ replaced by teams in India. They provide lip service by putting you “on the bench” for 5 weeks so that they can “assist you in finding other employment” within Cognizant. Once they are unable to place you, then you are gone. The really sad thing is that the clients are the ones that are going to suffer for this. Run away from this mess as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

None. Now that it's all about Cognizant that ship has sailed.