TriZetto Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Jude Dieterman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best work-life balance of anywhere I've ever worked (in 31 reviews)

• Good Work From Home/Time off policies (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • They are moving forward now with removing work life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Upper management completely out of touch (in 25 reviews)

1. "Great place to work for."

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TriZetto full-time

Pros

Great attitude, training and structure

Cons

There are not any cons for me

2. "Would look elsewhere"

I worked at TriZetto full-time

Pros

Unlimited vacation (don't believe new employees get that now)

Cons

Burn out, constantly on call, silos, management doesn't give recognition when it is due, the simplest thing was always required jumping through hoops, got purchased by Cognizant so now there is lots of outsourcing

"All Downhill"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at TriZetto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was an intense but fun small environment. The benefits are great for those grandfathered into Cognizant. Gain lots of healthcare knowledge.

Cons

The Cognizant merger is what led to my departure. No vision, offshoring of resources, poor leadership, no thoughts of refreshing the technology stack. The resources by and large are not technology focused, or lack understanding of basic technology and best practices. Customer's are not first when it comes to product design (if there is any product design).

Advice to Management

Update the jalopy of a product portfolio to and back it with some solid tech resources. Put customers and products first, not "services". Come into this century on the stack, and have some vision and offer great products to the healthcare industry again.

"Could be better"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TriZetto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is no pro for this company the moment they merged with cognizant everythign went down hill

Cons

well, people if you want head aches and your job on the edge don't do it. Look else where because it is nothing as promised

Advice to Management

Stop running it like slavery they are people too and pay them dont hold their checks

5. "Love my team and management"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great boss to work for. Good work-life balance. Learning and improving my skills through guidance

Cons

The merge with Cognizant has proven a little disorganized. Getting basic requests completed takes a long time.

6. "Account manager"

I have been working at TriZetto full-time

Pros

I have a great management team that cares about your development and improvement

Cons

Pay is not competitive

7. "I'd work here... Oh, I do."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, likeable coworkers, flexible work schedule, career growth opportunities, competitive pay, keeping busy.

Cons

There are some upper management issues where they lack the ability to use constructive criticism to their benefit.

"Technical Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time

Pros

The pay is good, but there is a reason for that. I was expected to be available on demand a lot. Benefits are reasonable and meet average standards.

Cons

I left the company for a few reasons. Cognizant seems to be out of touch with employees, customer and healthcare technology. An offshore centralized organization is difficult to navigate because of the lean, non-diverse, egocentric, chaotic environment that it is. Products failed and then were reinvented at the cost of the employees' sanity and customer satisfaction. I don't know who I report to over my Director level, and the offshore management could care less about me working here. Management doesn't know what I do here, so I am forced to track my time down to the minute every day. I thought this was a salary position, but they treat me like a juvenile delinquent. I work a constant shift here, because they don't want to hire for onshore only customers. I can't break away for personal time because the PTO policy is only two weeks per year.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice. Nothing will change here. Jude and a lot of top management are gone.

"Cognizant acquisition has been by far the worst experience - leadership seems clueless/helpless"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For exempt, unlimited PTO, casual dress (jeans), pretty solid work/life balance
    I wish I had more to rave about but it is pretty mediocre at best, definitely nothing to write home about. Feels like people here are pretty much content or maybe just fatigued with how disorganized we are and the state of affairs we are in so it doesn't seem like anyone is fighting to change (this is not a pro, just filling up the character space). The PTO is pretty much the big pro and you can wear jeans.

Cons

I can't begin to describe how horrendous the Cognizant acquisition has been - the communication has been abhorrent, nobody in our part of the business (i.e., TriZetto) had any clue what's going on - nobody knows where to get information from or who to contact for answers, we are literally left to fumble through new systems and processes without any explanation or understanding of how to use them. Not exaggerating, we just went 4 months without being able to hire a single person because nobody (including our CEO and senior executives) had a clue how to push requisitions through all of the approval processes. It really has been so disappointing and honestly feels like we're on an island because there is no one available to support our company. All of the IT support is in India so you can't understand anything over the phone, it's just a mess.

Advice to Management

I don't know where you would start. You have got to figure out how to make this integration less painful - we all know growing pains, but this is truly poor.

10. "Product Designer"

I worked at TriZetto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team culture, most co-workers like to work together.

Cons

Being ran by an overseas company