Triage Consulting Group Reviews

3.7
Triage Consulting Group CEO Brian Neece
Brian Neece
Pros
Cons
  • "Niche part of the healthcare industry, Lack of diversity in management, Minimal opportunities for long term growth at the company(in 24 reviews)

• "You will be calling insurance companies a lot, but I do believe this is essential for you to succeed down the line(in 20 reviews)

1. "Great for new grads"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really promotes internal hiring and mentoring

Cons

No cons as of yet

2. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Management cares about their employees. Welcomes Diversity

Cons

Limited ways for an employee to go above and beyond or demonstrate extra value. To focused on metrics for progression

3. "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

- great work life balance - provide great training on different parts of the healthcare sector

Cons

- lack of diversity - rigid promotion structure, no room to be promoted outside a specific timeline

"Unchallenging and meh"

2.0
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work! You don’t use your brain Good work life balance

Cons

Low pay- 50k Atlanta base salary which isn’t horrible for the work you do but it’s not great and I believe Sf base salary is 60k Very specific and hard to apply anything you learn to a different company/role Not much value with what you learn from the role

5. "Overall good first job out of college"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of training opportunities, fun/collaborative company culture

Cons

Lack of trust in entry level employees i.e. no remote work until you reach Senior Consultant level. Lower salary than most other healthcare consulting companies in the area

6. "Great Place to Start your Career"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great work/life balance -Promotion to manage a team after 21 months -Strong leadership in the company -Work benefits hospitals who really need the help -People at Triage are awesome to work with -Volunteer Time off is encouraged

Cons

-Rigid promotion structure where promotion based off time worked rather than merit -No room to negotiate salary

7. "Overall Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to learn about healthcare, learn to use SQL, Excel, and Access, and general business workplace skills. Generally outgoing, social workplace. You can customize your time at Triage to skills/areas that you gravitate towards. Friendly staff that enjoy talking in the office.

Cons

Didn't really find the training all that useful or innovative.

Continue reading

"Great Job out of College"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Triage is a great place to start your career if you are interested in Healthcare. The willingness and enthusiasm of Triager's to teach, learn, and knowledge share is something special. The growth potential at Triage within the first three years is amazing. After less than two years, Senior Consultants have the opportunity to lead a team, provide mentorship for newer employees, and be the main contact for clients of varying levels. Overall, the people are what make Triage and I am forever grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such smart, hard-working, and creative people - some of whom are now my closest friends.

Cons

The work can sometimes be mundane, but it is up to each individual employee to find new and exciting opportunities for themselves (which is definitely possible). The majority of the company started their career at Triage so many people have no other frame of reference when it comes to business decisions or everyday team structure/ work environment.

Continue reading
  9. "Great entry-level job for those interested in the financial sector of healthcare!"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a good entry-level position that combines easy work and consistent hours with a social, casual environment. Well-structured trainings and quick promotion timelines provide consistency and a clear expectation of first couple of years at the company. Most of the people at Triage are extremely talented, ambitious, and charismatic. It's a great place to network with peers that will go on to pursue ambitious careers. Management is friendly and transparent, and I felt supported even as I was planning to transition out of the company to my current role. You have the opportunity to dabble in/build a multifaceted skill set that opens up lots of horizontal growth opportunities.

Cons

Like the healthcare industry itself, this job can feel stagnant and traditional. Those seeking innovation in their day-to-day work will feel limited in the scope of their duties. The company operates in the specific niche between providers and insurers (which is why it's so successful). If you're not interested in this intersection of finance and healthcare, you will start to feel fatigued with the content of the job.

Continue reading
  10. "Great experience for recent grads"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is extensive, Culture, People, Location, Travel

Cons

Basically no advancement opportunities after 5 years

Found 353 reviews