Triage Consulting Group Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

5.0
Triage Consulting Group CEO Brian Neece
Brian Neece

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unbeatable work-life balance and PTO schedule (in 91 reviews)

• People - like everyone says, the people are great (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • There are complaints of lack of diversity, and management seems to be addressing this (in 14 reviews)

• Same thing everyday- mostly waiting on hold with insurance companies (in 15 reviews)

"Happiest Company in America"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is known for their training program as it should be. The company has a steep learning curve but I think the excellent training provided at this company makes the transition much easier. The work is challenging but rewarding. The people make the entire experience for me as I enjoy going to work everyday. Triage really values a work life balance and they mean it. I have yet to work outside of the office. All around, an incredible company surrounded by intelligent people.

Cons

Some people argue the benefits don't match other companies in SF but the experience and company "culture" make it worth the sacrifice of free workout classes, etc.

"Great First Job"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Healthcare Industry experience
    - Fast track to promotion (21 months), which includes managing your own client engagement
    - Young, growing company
    - Amazing work life balance
    - Great jumping off point for healthcare, or any other field of business

Cons

- There are complaints of lack of diversity, and management seems to be addressing this
    - During first year, Associate role can be tedious/boring. However, this is necessary to learn the ropes of what Triage does and be prepared to lead your own team at 21 months tenure

3. "Professional Development"

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

At every point in my career I've felt supported by management, challenged to develop as a professional, and have been given opportunities to become a more skilled leader. Triage dedicates a lot of energy towards the continued development of staff at every level.

Cons

Triage can move slowly on some changes, not for lack of effort, but for wanting to make sure that any changes are well thought out and implemented seamlessly. This can be frustrating for staff who may expect speedy responses to perceived imperfections.

Advice to Management

Triage management should continue to foster the collaborative and supportive workplace that makes it such a wonderful place to work.

"Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Triage offers a comfortable environment to acquire and develop business acumen and professional skills. The management at Triage is very supportive and encouraging. Triage offers the fun of a young company, with the security of a well-established, long-standing organization.

Cons

Salaries at Triage are reasonable, but not as competitive as you may find elsewhere. The promotion opportunities are fixed, so regardless of how hard you work you will move at the same pace.

Advice to Management

Triage should work on increasing diversity. The office is overwhelmingly white and upper middle class, while this is understandable based on where they recruit from, Triage should make a concerted effort to hire more people who do not fit the white, fraternity/sorority mold.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Tons of training in the first two years
    - Management has open door policy, mentorship has been very positive
    - Project management opportunities within a year
    - Unbeatable work-life balance and PTO schedule
    - Highly motivated employees

Cons

- First year's work is a bit tedious and a lot of time spent on the phone, but is necessary to understand the work
    - Very strict promotion schedule with no early promotion options

"Fantastic First Job"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Triage Consulting Group was a wonderful first job out of college. I was able to learn quite a bit about healthcare administration, insurance contracts, and negotiation. The company culture is very strong and the people are great

Cons

Though traveling for work initially has its perks, it gets old. However, more and more projects are moving to being fully in the San Francisco office so this may no longer be an issue. Some of the work is a bit tedious but luckily people rotate projects every four months which keeps things interesting

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, fun people, great leadership opportunities.

Cons

Work can be a bit monotonous at first, but early leadership opportunities quickly make the work interesting and challenging.

Advice to Management

N/A

Triage Consulting Group Response

Jan 5, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your positive outlook. We’re happy to hear you have taken advantage of early leadership opportunities here at Triage. We attribute our teaching and caring culture to our employees (like... More

"Good"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group (Less than a year)

Pros

It is the perfect place to launch a career after college

Cons

Work can be really boring

Advice to Management

Dont be afraid to be innovative

"Still Learning, Still Can't Believe My Luck"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

When going through the recruiting process myself, I was instantly drawn to the bright, well-spoken, motivated and fun young professionals behind the Triage table at the Career Fair who clearly genuinely liked each other and liked the work they were doing. Fortunately, they liked me too.
    A few years later, I continue to be impressed by my teammates, my peers, my mentors (official and unofficial) and leadership, and the new associates walking in the door each summer.
    Triage invests so much every new hire: by providing them with a built-in support network with their start groups, mentors, and teams, assigning an on-the-job trainer to guide them through their first months of a steep learning curve and the achievements and mistakes bound to come from the environment, and offering more than three full weeks worth of full-day trainings throughout the first year to build the foundation for a full and positive career. Associates will walk out of their first year with skills ranging from the technical abilities needed to analyze hospital data and recover large amounts of money for clients to the soft skills like public speaking, leadership and project management to impress high-level hospital clients on a day-to-day basis in the Senior Associate position and beyond.
    Above and beyond Triage's investment in the career development of each consultant, this company wouldn't be the place it is without acknowledging the true emphasis on the company's core values: client service, knowledge, relationship, balance, and fun. The first two are obvious choices in a consultancy, but the latter three make Triage unique. Where else will you see Principals and new Associates compete to the bitter end over a for-pride game of Knockout at our annual Team Building, get your entire team and management's buy-in for a company-sponsored sunset cruise around the Bay for a Team Event after work, and want to spend all four lunches and evenings of a travel week with your 20-something year old coworkers who are just as excited to wait in line for the coolest new restaurant, step totally outside their comfort zone in a new workout class, or tag along with you to that one artist that you've been dying to see live? It's apparent that work/life balance is something taken seriously, whether in your day to day use of your time or in your extended plans for using the generous PTO policy.
    Triage is a place where you can learn and grow personally and professionally, make some of the best friends and mentors of your life, and make a quantifiable monetary and meaningful impact on leading hospitals and the people leading them.
    I continue to learn from Triage and Triagers every day, and I'm not done yet.

Cons

I've seen other reviews that have cons with valid feelings behind them, but that I simply haven't experienced. In particular, two complaints are boredom, and more recently, a claim that we don't consult. I have found that on each project I've worked on, I've been afforded progressively more responsibilities and the ability to prove myself with additional challenges. Part of this is mindset and looking at each claim and issue with the client as a chance to figure out a puzzle and provide meaningful feedback and process improvement internally and externally. It's true that in your first year you may not see much face-to-face external client time, but you're building the skills and analyzing the data to enable Triage to provide well-researched recommendations to our clients, all while learning the ins and outs of the healthcare system so that you can manage a team in under two years and effectively consult in a multi-billion dollar industry throughout your career. While you may be ready to save the world this week, know that a little bit of committed time to learning and career development will set you up well for success and that things just seem to keep getting better!

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to recognize and reward those who work hard and are doing well, even as monetarily Triage maintains an even payment structure by tenure. Keep the accessibility to management, the emphasis on the small-company feel, and the opportunity to specialize available, especially as the company continues to grow.

"Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Triage is an unbelievable place to launch a career. It's a safe, fun and low stress environment to develop very transfer skills - project management, leadership, technical data analysis, while making life long bonds with co-workers.

Cons

At times when you start the work can be somewhat dry and monotonous, just remember that it is an entry level job and that you are building the skills necessary to move into the project management/team lead. If you're not excited about the opportunity for leadership at 21 months in then this probably isn't the right company for you.