Tribeca Flashpoint College Reviews | Glassdoor

William Van Huis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's opportunity to contribute and collaborate outside one's department. Also, it's a small college, which makes it easy to get to know students, faculty and staff.

Cons

There's a fair share of disorganization and miscommunication, making it challenging to work effectively.

Advice to Management

Look at the big picture and place value in what truly matters. Quality is always better than quantity...quantity will organically come to fruition.

2. "Love the people and mission of the school."

I worked at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time

Pros

The people are amazing.
    Students are great!
    Great location in the city of Chicago (easy to go to by Metra or CTA)
    My boss was the best! She let me grow as a professional and work on my craft.

Cons

There was minimal budget for student services, so we had to do a lot of low budget/free events for students.
    Since it is a commuter school, students do not like to stay after hours and participate in campus events.

Advice to Management

Focus more time and money into keeping students happy and engaged and you will see a high return.
    401k match program.

"Admissions Department and Overall Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Well structured systems in place for everyone in the admissions department to understand, self manage, and execute each and every facet of the business.
    -Campus director is very interactive with every department and is very approachable. Specifically, a huge advocator for the admissions department.
    -If executed correctly, the college recently developed/adopted a mission and vision that will prepare them to lead and dominate the liberal arts college sector in Chicago.
    -In 2017, you do not have many supervisors that provide delicious meals on an almost monthly basis as a gesture of appreciation along with flexible off days for any additional hours worked.
    -Overall, the working hours are great (8 hour days), the benefits and PTO are above average, and the staff is very diverse and liberal.

Cons

-The commute to and from the city can be long and tiring
    -Not everyone employed by the college is capable, prepared, or on board for the change and growth that the college is working toward.

Advice to Management

Continue to work for the growth of the institution. Also, continue to keep the staff and faculty involved and engaged with the goals and mission we will continue to work towards.

"Former Teacher"

Pros

Good group off people to work with

Cons

Management needs to be better

5. "great school, poorly managed and unprofessional Admissions department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality curriculum
    Great work location and environment for students
    Ethical and hard-working employees in supporting areas

Cons

Admissions department led by poor management that is not respected by most other departments at the institution. Specific members of management utilize their work time to gather customers or business for their other job. ex asking employees to switch their electric company to gain commission off them
    Departments operate in silos and communication could be better inter-departmentally if enforced by upper management.
    Executive financial and marketing management forces key decisions for school with profitability in mind over the best interest of employees and students and stretches the truth on compliance laws.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees rather than stressing them and forcing them out or into a corner with poor decision making. A lot of good former employees left and are disgruntled with the organization.
    Stop over-staffing areas with the hope of increasing enrollment such as Admissions and focus those resources in other hard-working understaffed areas at the institution or organizational development.

6. "General Staff"

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time

Pros

Working @ Tribeca has been a very rewarding experience, in the past year the school has gone through some structural changes that have allowed the organization to take a positive step forward. The overall environment is positive and there is room for growth professionally and financially.

Cons

Tribeca has taken some tremendous strides as of late but there seems to a disconnect when it comes to internal customer service. While I feel we do a great job of servicing our student body internally we could do a better job of communicating with each other.

Advice to Management

Stay Focused!

7. "So far so good in Admissions"

Current Employee - Admissions in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions in Chicago, IL

Pros

It's a small company which allows me to really get to know the people I work with, including management. I have worked for other schools which were part of large corporations where there was more of a top down management and decision making style, which didn’t always support what was best or students or staff. I like that TFC is a small, independent school that makes decisions and implements changes based on what is best for students and employees. All employees have the ability to contribute, have their ideas considered and their voice heard. There are opportunities for growth for those who work hard.

Cons

I have a long commute. It can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a day. Our jobs are challenging so you need to be the type of person who is OK working in that type of environment. You have to be flexible and somewhat tenacious. We do work some Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify opportunities and show support for students and staff.

8. "Student Accounts Manager"

Current Employee - Student Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Student Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time

Pros

Tribeca is a very friendly and outgoing place to work. I feel that my voice is heard and I that I am a value added employee for the school.

Cons

My commute is about 3 hours a day, but it is worth it when I go to a place that I love to be.

Advice to Management

keep it up

9. "hard work, positive attitude and dedication will be rewarded"

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, dedicated employees who care about their work and want to make a difference
    Creative work environment
    Excellent benefits
    Flexible work environment
    Great loop location across from Daley and 2 blocks from Millennium Park

Cons

Some of the timelines and projects can seem aggressive but it keeps things moving along
    Higher salaries are always nice but pay is standard for companies of the same size

"Very good school...but for profit"

I worked at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time

Pros

Beautiful campus, great programs and fantastic people to work with.

Cons

For profit own by a private equity firm. No loyalty to employees. Typical cut throat leadership from an private equity owned business.

Advice to Management

None.

Tribeca Flashpoint College Response

Jun 13, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best with your new opportunity.