Tribeca Flashpoint College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
William Van Huis

1. "Admissions Department and Overall Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Well structured systems in place for everyone in the admissions department to understand, self manage, and execute each and every facet of the business.
    -Campus director is very interactive with every department and is very approachable. Specifically, a huge advocator for the admissions department.
    -If executed correctly, the college recently developed/adopted a mission and vision that will prepare them to lead and dominate the liberal arts college sector in Chicago.
    -In 2017, you do not have many supervisors that provide delicious meals on an almost monthly basis as a gesture of appreciation along with flexible off days for any additional hours worked.
    -Overall, the working hours are great (8 hour days), the benefits and PTO are above average, and the staff is very diverse and liberal.

Cons

-The commute to and from the city can be long and tiring
    -Not everyone employed by the college is capable, prepared, or on board for the change and growth that the college is working toward.

Advice to Management

Continue to work for the growth of the institution. Also, continue to keep the staff and faculty involved and engaged with the goals and mission we will continue to work towards.

2. "great school, poorly managed and unprofessional Admissions department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality curriculum
    Great work location and environment for students
    Ethical and hard-working employees in supporting areas

Cons

Admissions department led by poor management that is not respected by most other departments at the institution. Specific members of management utilize their work time to gather customers or business for their other job. ex asking employees to switch their electric company to gain commission off them
    Departments operate in silos and communication could be better inter-departmentally if enforced by upper management.
    Executive financial and marketing management forces key decisions for school with profitability in mind over the best interest of employees and students and stretches the truth on compliance laws.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees rather than stressing them and forcing them out or into a corner with poor decision making. A lot of good former employees left and are disgruntled with the organization.
    Stop over-staffing areas with the hope of increasing enrollment such as Admissions and focus those resources in other hard-working understaffed areas at the institution or organizational development.

3. "General Staff"

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time

Pros

Working @ Tribeca has been a very rewarding experience, in the past year the school has gone through some structural changes that have allowed the organization to take a positive step forward. The overall environment is positive and there is room for growth professionally and financially.

Cons

Tribeca has taken some tremendous strides as of late but there seems to a disconnect when it comes to internal customer service. While I feel we do a great job of servicing our student body internally we could do a better job of communicating with each other.

Advice to Management

Stay Focused!

5. "So far so good in Admissions"

Current Employee - Admissions in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions in Chicago, IL

Pros

It's a small company which allows me to really get to know the people I work with, including management. I have worked for other schools which were part of large corporations where there was more of a top down management and decision making style, which didn’t always support what was best or students or staff. I like that TFC is a small, independent school that makes decisions and implements changes based on what is best for students and employees. All employees have the ability to contribute, have their ideas considered and their voice heard. There are opportunities for growth for those who work hard.

Cons

I have a long commute. It can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a day. Our jobs are challenging so you need to be the type of person who is OK working in that type of environment. You have to be flexible and somewhat tenacious. We do work some Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify opportunities and show support for students and staff.

6. "Student Accounts Manager"

Current Employee - Student Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Student Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time

Pros

Tribeca is a very friendly and outgoing place to work. I feel that my voice is heard and I that I am a value added employee for the school.

Cons

My commute is about 3 hours a day, but it is worth it when I go to a place that I love to be.

Advice to Management

keep it up

"You can make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Opportunity to make a significant impact in a start-up environment
    Friendly and intelligent staff and faculty
    Flexible work environment
    Competitive benefits package

Cons

While location across from Daley Plaza has its perks, "whistle guy," random protesters, and summer performances can be distracting during the workday.
    More employee perks would be nice
    Greater contribution to 401K

Advice to Management

Formal communication of "wins" and policy changes would be helpful

8. "Facilities Technician"

Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribeca Flashpoint College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime possibilities, good people to work with, many different kinds of hands on projects

Cons

Pay is not the greatest, poor communication, and some time frames for projects are hard to reach.

"Admissions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great place to work, feel like you are actually helping people change their lives. Hours are not bad and the location is excellent. Very open environment to input your ideas and see them have an impact on the school.

Cons

Communication between coworkers can improve and the way you get information about events and training as well. Not a lot of structure.

Advice to Management

I see the future and it looks great for the school, keep up the great work!

"Great Team, Great Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

TFC is a great work environment - fast-paced, autonomous, with clear direction and sense of shared purpose. CEO is pushing the company into exciting new areas. Impressed by intelligence and drive of my colleagues. I feel supported, but not coddled - expectation is that you work hard, play nice, and contribute to the best of your abilities. Saw team members promoted into new, growing part of the organization this year - and size of that team doubled in just the last couple of months. Company is focused on its customers (the students) and making sure they are educated by top-notch instructors and land good jobs when they graduate.

Cons

Nothing to report so far.

Advice to Management

Keep developing opportunities for growth.

"Great Employees, Wonderful Students, Spectacular Supervisor!"

Current Employee - Management - Student Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management - Student Services in Chicago, IL

Pros

Wonderful group of intelligent individuals to work for. Very knowledgeable about the industry and willing to assist other employees without a problem at all. I felt welcomed the moment I started working at Tribeca. Tribeca is making positive changes for the employees, faculty, staff, and students.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. I am learning and growing as a professional.

Advice to Management

N/A