Tricked Out Accessories Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 10, 2017

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Growing company can't follow through."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at Tricked Out Accessories (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very cool visuals.
    They want to stay trendy

Cons

Company can't follow through with it's own goals

2. "Worst job experience ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Tricked Out Accessories part-time

Pros

For a part time job the pay was amazing and a good job for the holidays.

Cons

I worked at tricked from The middle of November 2014 to about late March 2015 and I can say it was the worst job experience I've ever had. I was constantly harassed by my former manager. He was bipolar and verbally/emotionally abusive. I would go to work expecting to be criticized one minute and have him be nice 10 minutes later and that continued throughout the day. My last day working at tricked out I was fired for standing up for myself because my boss was talking inappropriately about my 15 yr old sisters chest. I was fired for telling him I felt uncomfortable with him sexualizing my little sister. He told me to clock out and go home and never come back and that he is the manager and can say whatever he wants. I then told the regional manager at the university mall store and he shrugged it off saying that my former boss was just being a friend to me and it wasn't sexual harassment because it wasn't directed towards me personally and was at my little 15 yr old sister... It was personal because it was a member of my family. It made me feel uncomfortable and it was sexual harassment. The regional manager offered to let me put in my two weeks at the store to "help me" to find another job in the meantime. It was the worst job experience ever. If my former boss was making comments about the regional managers under age sister I bet you anything he would have been fired!

3. "Great upbeat place to work"

I have been working at Tricked Out Accessories part-time

Pros

If you are into technology and the latest and greatest this is the place for you. Great owner and management. They do as much as they can to help their employees.

Cons

Can be micro managed sometimes.

5. "Relaxed and sales driven environment"

I worked at Tricked Out Accessories full-time

Pros

Great place to start learning how to earn commission. Especially during the holidays your sales will be high. Incentives are offered when you reach certain sales goals.

Cons

Hard to make commission when it is slow.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to give input on what products to order.

6. "Aweful upper management"

I worked at Tricked Out Accessories (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a mall job. You also usually work with some really cool people and have a fun atmosphere. Good holiday pay as well.

Cons

Management is awful. They couldn't careless about their employees, all they care about is making as much money as they possibly can. They'll look for anyway possible to not pay you earned and they couldn't care less about screwing over customers as long as they can pocket the money.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, listen to their concerns or opinions, and quit favoriting certain managers when they obviously are horrible at their job. Management is very unfair to other managers and especially to regular sales associates.

7. "Great Pay, poor management, poor benefits."

Pros

The pay is awesome! As a manager you can expect $25,000-$40,000, as a regional manager you can expect up to $80,000

Cons

Horrible working hours. Mandatory Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays for management. They work you hard until you go nuts. The benefits are 50/50 up to a a certain $$$ amount

Advice to Management

Take care and love you management team. If you will give them a more workable schedule for a lifestyle, you could keep them longer.

8. "Full time school, part time work."

I have been working at Tricked Out Accessories part-time

Pros

Fun co-workers. Easy going job. Nothing difficult. They work with your schedule and listen to your needs. Commission isn't that hard to hit either.

Cons

The company is quite cheap. If you get an dissatisfied/mad customer, the best you can do is direct them to an email.. The company doesn't have a district phone number or anything, which makes the customer really mad. -- it is retail after all.

Advice to Management

Cut your employees some slack. Sometimes, days can be really slow.

9. "It can be a fun place to work, but poorly run by upper management."

Pros

A lot of times you will work with a lot of fun people! The money can be ok as well.

Cons

There policies change all of the time, and are not implemented into every store. The customer gets a different experience in every location.

Advice to Management

Have a better POS system that forces policies/prices to be the same at every location.