Cover image for Tricoci Salon & Spa

58% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 202 of over 205 reviews

3.1
Tricoci Salon & Spa CEO Chris Santiago (no image)
Chris Santiago

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great people

Nov 22, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Building relationships with a lot of amazing people, great discounts, and a great place to gain alot of experience in your field

Cons

Guests can be really mean and demanding

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

family atmosphere, no room for advancement

Oct 30, 2022 - Hairstylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

the people are awesome, flexible hours when you have seniority, good training

Cons

no work life balance if you want to actually make money, support staff not trained technicians expected to do everything while support staff stares at their phone all day. because pay is low, finding support staff who want to work is impossible.

HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights. We are happy to hear that you liked the team at Tricoci. We will continue to focus on training for all team members to support each other and provide a great guest experience. Thanks again!

3. Join the Tricoci Salon & Spa team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cabs a here

Oct 10, 2022 - Great Service Representative (GSR) in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, Great people, Good discounts

Cons

The costomers can be a bit much just like at all places, I feel like it is worse here though because it is a higher end salon and people are entitled

5. 3.0

Review

Oct 24, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to make money in massage field

Cons

Hard to get days off

HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are glad that you see the opportunity that our massage therapists have concerning income. Thanks again!

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

They do not care about their employees

Oct 21, 2022 - Hairstylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training and continuing education provided

Cons

Update the salons to improve appearance Listen to concerns from your employees Allow a more flexible schedule for weekends/holidays

7. 5.0

Receptionist

Sep 18, 2022 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing job, environment, employees and co workers

Cons

Low pay and not very good hours

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Some days good some days bad

Aug 10, 2022 - Nail Technician in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of great clients Very friendly environment

Cons

Unorganized. Revolving door at the front desk.

HR

Thank you for sharing about your experience, we appreciate your insights. We agree that we have great clients! We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly and gain further insights, please feel free to contact jbarrera@tricoci.com. Thank you again!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nice company

Jul 25, 2022 - Nail Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continuing education very knowledgeable staff

Cons

Clients can be challenging sometimes

HR

Thank you for sharing, we value the education that we provide and are happy that you found it valuable as well!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Best company to work for if you are a nail technician.

Jul 24, 2022 - Nail Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sanitation practices are top notch and you get full benefits if you work at least 26hrs/week.

Cons

Things break down and it takes forever to get things repaired

HR

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! We agree that our sanitation protocols lead the industry! If you see some areas that need improvement within the location, please feel free to share with our facilities team. Thanks!

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not Great

Jul 25, 2022 - Guest Care Representative in Palatine, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to be able to work from home Relatively easy work in terms of booking the appointments

Cons

Pay is pretty low for the amount of work that they expect from you. Set really high sale goals, for example Gift Cards, that are hard to reach, and managers are very harsh when those goals are not reached. One of the managers is very harsh and almost rude with the way they correct or enforce the rules. Feels like there are favorites. Not the easiest to work with when it comes to days off and sick days are penalized against you. Managers come off as being supportive and caring initially, but you soon realize that isn't necessarily the case. You are expected to know everything and understand how to work everything, but the training process was not helpful at all so you are then almost criticized for not knowing but they didn't teach you very well in the first place. Hours are not great. Fair warning: if you say you can work on SOME weekends, expect to be scheduled for them all.

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for sharing, we appreciate the feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed working remotely with our Guest Care Center team! We do have high sales goals and want to ensure that our guests are aware of the benefits of buying Gift Certificates but we do want to ensure that they are attainable goals as well. If you would like to supply any additional insights, please contact jbarrera@tricoci.com. Thanks again for your time and feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 202 Reviews
</>Embed

Tricoci Salon & Spa Reviews FAQs

Tricoci Salon & Spa has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 205 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Tricoci Salon & Spa to a friend and 31% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tricoci Salon & Spa employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tricoci Salon & Spa. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

58% of Tricoci Salon & Spa employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tricoci Salon & Spa 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tricoci Salon & Spa to be work life balance, coworkers, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Tricoci Salon & Spa Job Seekers