Trident Seafoods Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Joe Bundrant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great management and great people on the production floor (in 5 reviews)

• Great management and great people on the production floor; free fish, there are some good people there, it's a large company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They yell, scream, and will make your life miserable, (in 3 reviews)

• Don't work for a bunch of liars who will eventually make your life miserable (in 3 reviews)

1. "Corporate office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company although it has experienced phenomenal growth in recent years.

Cons

Due to the recent growth some employees get lost in the shuffle as management became strained resulting in extremely large workloads getting placed onto employees without more compensation.

2. "Better oppurtunities for those with advanced degrees"

Current Employee - Senior Food Technician in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Food Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employee loyalty
    Hires internally
    Family run business

Cons

Recent restructuring has placed less value on experienced employees
    Compensation/Benefits
    Management

Advice to Management

Value all your employees. Not just the ones with advanced degrees, and those who benefit you as an individual on a professional level.
    The people who mind the details and catch errors help your business run smoothly.

"Production"

Current Employee - Processor in Kodiak, AK
    Current Employee - Processor in Kodiak, AK

I have been working at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

"Great management and great people on the production floor; free fish, there are some good people there, it's a large company.

Cons

"They yell, scream, and will make your life miserable,

Advice to Management

Is to provide by financial advisors in portfolio management and by business advisors in company or project management.

4. "Domestic Sales"

Former Employee - Dometic Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Dometic Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with a family feel. Decent benefits although the premiums have skyrocketed in recent years. Yearly appreciation parties. Many locations and a variety of positions available.

Cons

Certain groups within departments can seem closed off or rather cliquey. When you're a rookie you're awarded and applauded, expect the first award within a year, after that, welcome to the slow grind to nowhere. If you're not in management expect low pay and minimal raises. Some managers are very cliquey and if you're not in with the backstabbing you will rise little. There are other departments if you wish to transfer as it is a large company that experienced phenomenal growth in the last few years and some managers struggle with that as their employees pay for it, however, other departments seem to be more cohesive.

Advice to Management

People make up the company, including the revered fisherman; don't forget the little people and the smaller jobs, they all are part of the larger success.

5. "The life is different"

Current Employee - Production Key in Akutan, AK
    Current Employee - Production Key in Akutan, AK

I have been working at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of hours (12+ per day; every day)

Cons

the salary is low (according to the conditions)

"logistics administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1 friendly people, but most of the employees are old
    2 corporate parties
    3 401k
    4 insurance
    5 parking

Cons

no place to grow, very low salaries less than in industry.

7. "dock crew"

Former Employee - Fork Lift Driver in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fork Lift Driver in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Trident Seafoods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

cordova alaska, south plant. good people.

Cons

i like my old jobs. cant complain

8. "inspector"

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Newport, OR
    Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Newport, OR

Pros

quality assurance in charge of inspecting the finish product making sure they re good quality

Cons

ii learn how check and resolve issue with different methode.team work

9. "Abusive Practices"

Former Employee - Tiromat Operator in Motley, MN
    Former Employee - Tiromat Operator in Motley, MN

I worked at Trident Seafoods full-time

Pros

The pay is good but this is about it. I can't think of anything else good to say about working at Trident Seafoods for the last 12 years.

Cons

I spent many years working in this plant and I have seen witnessed maltreatment of employees. This place is so screwed up from the top management all the way down to their leads and I have never seen so many people, good workers with good intentions getting verbally and even physically abusive by the people who are trying to run the place. Many good workers I have seen get fired for petty things and this company just does its business: hiring and firing. I don't know why I stayed there so long. The pay may be good but I can't be a part of this plant and everyone running it is covering for all the serious abuse going on. It's a hostile work situation.

For many years, Trident Seafoods in Motley has had problems keeping employees because of its management team. I can honestly tell you the people running this plant are ungrateful to everyone who chooses to work there. It's true what people are posting on Glassdoor about this company being a terrible place to work. I have witnessed many abusive situations and they get away every day with being terrible to their employees. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Even the HR will cover up and lie through their teeth and make what I call victim employees look bad. This place has such a bad reputation; the local college even knows about what's going on. The men and women who are responsible for educating our community and providing people with meaningful jobs are aware of the situation. It's a situation of the tail wagging the dog. Next time you see a place that is always hiring and offering $17 an hour, think twice about working there. Something is really wrong and once you start working there you will find out exactly what you signed up for. Don't work there unless you like being insulted, yelled at, screwed over, and treated like an inferior person. Oh, and you have to work so much overtime you miss out on your kids and personal life. The truth is what people are saying on here about management being terrible is true. Also, beware that unless you’re willing to put in a lot of overtime and deal with all the nepotism, you will be treated differently. It’s mind-boggling how negatively they treat their employees. Don't work for a bunch of liars who will eventually make your life miserable. That's what this company does. I often wonder how these people sleep at night knowing how terrible they really are to work for. Don't work here!

Advice to Management

The management at Trident Seafoods needs to take responsibility for their hostile work environment. It is unacceptable the way I have personally seen people treated by supervisors and management. And then HR always covers up the details. I can honestly say this company provides a serious disservice to each employee for the way they are treated. Instead of fighting this, people just quit and walk away from it. I challenge anyone else who has ever worked here share your experience on this site and get the truth told about working here. I doubt the company will listen but the truth will come out eventually about the complete mismanagement.

"Don't Work There!"

Former Employee - Spice Room in Motley, MN
    Former Employee - Spice Room in Motley, MN

I worked at Trident Seafoods full-time

Pros

Pay is very good. Other than that, there isn't anything I can think of. If you enjoy being miserable then this place would make a great employer!

Cons

Management is terrible. They yell, scream, and will make your life miserable. You have to work a lot of weekends. Also, it's a family that pretty much runs the place so if you're not in with them or their lifestyle then you might plan on a couple years there.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The management at Trident Seafoods would never listen to anyone so what's the point? They are closed minded, back stabbing, hostile, and arrogant men who will take their best workers and throw them under the bus. I'm go slap I got out of there.