Trillium Brewing Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Trillium Brewing Company Reviews

Updated 2 Sep 2019

3.4
  1. "Been here since the beginning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Trillium Brewing Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced environment Full benefits Free Beer Work/Life Balance Small focused teams I'm really happy here. I've been here since the beginning, you have to embrace change sometimes, but that is often the best part of the job. Everyone works really hard to support everyone else on the team. I can't speak highly enough about my time here.

Cons

nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Trillium Brewing Company2018-11-26
  2. "Love my job"

I have been working at Trillium Brewing Company full-time

Pros

- working for a passionate, family owned business who cares deeply for their employees - ability to grow and be promoted in a vastly developing work environment - good mix of work hard/play hard environment, challenging work in the brewery industry with very enjoyable aspects working for one of the top breweries in the world - overall great experience, enjoyable, rewarding, and doing it with good people

Cons

- need to be adaptable to change in a fast growing company, if you don’t like change and growth maybe it’s not for you

Trillium Brewing Company2018-11-22

"Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at Trillium Brewing Company full-time

Pros

Trillium is a relatively young company which means that there are a lot of opportunities to grow and there's a lot to learn. I've worked in large-scale corporations before and wanted something different- I found it! I'm challenged here (in a good way) and have opportunity to actually contribute in meaningful ways rather than simply carry out decisions that I didn't have a say in. Benefits are good for a company of this size and compensation is great. In addition, because of the size and the relative newness of the company, there is a lot of passion for what people are doing and I think that's awesome. And finally, who doesn't want to work for a place where you get free beer?

Cons

Change is inevitable no matter where you work. At a smaller company, change has to happen even more frequently to ensure that the company is adapting to what works and what doesn't. I enjoy the challenge. It might not be the right fit for people that don't.

Trillium Brewing Company2018-07-30

"Great Company Culture, great beer and friendly work associates."

I have been working at Trillium Brewing Company full-time

Pros

Trillium Brewing makes great beer. Anyone reading this will know that! Relaxed atmosphere with the expectation that you will perform in your role. Be part of the team and help drive performance and you will be satisfied with the company, yourself and your peers. Owners have built this from the ground-up and are involved in the daily operations. This is a good thing as they are very accessible and want to hear what you have to say.

Cons

Is everything perfect? No, of course not! But honestly, please name me a company where everything is perfect. If you don't like something, make it known. Owners are willing to listen to feedback.

Trillium Brewing Company2018-03-24

"Stepping stone"

Former Employee - Retail Associate

I worked at Trillium Brewing Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job was straightforward and the compensation was good.

Cons

As an institution, the company does not care about the employees. This is communicated in the decisions they make regarding staffing, employee growth, and their lack of interest in retaining people. They recognize that their prestige within the industry means they can always find someone new to do the work.

Trillium Brewing Company2019-09-02

"Production assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at Trillium Brewing Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Select lower level people are cool and helpful. -consistent hours That's pretty much it

Cons

-Way to top heavy. -horrible work life balance - pretty much expected to give up everything in the drop of a hat. - very clicky if you're not in you're out. - still operates as really small company. Doesn't shell out money to exspand systems - logistics is almost non existent. - co-workers will throw you under the bus at a moments notice.

Trillium Brewing Company2017-06-23

"Stay Away"

I worked at Trillium Brewing Company full-time

Pros

Can’t think of a single one

Cons

Absolutely everything, but primarily the evil incarnate that is the ownership. They cut every corner in producing the beer and in compensation for their employees. Upon opening a new location staff had to interview to keep their jobs at half of their salary.

Trillium Brewing Company2018-11-05

"Retail/Taproom Management"

Former Employee - Retail Management in Canton, MA

I worked at Trillium Brewing Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Viewed as producing and industry leading product. Looks good on resume.

Cons

*Ownership knowingly puts employees livelihood at risk by failing to update and renew licensing. Knowingly operated for 11 months in 2014 without state brewing licensing (resulted in a 4 week complete shut down). Knowingly served beer on site in the same year without local licensing. Knowingly hosted food trucks in 2017 after local permitting had expired. *Management structure changes multiple times per year which becomes confusing and convoluted. No one knows who is responsible for any given task as it changes too often. *Ownership refuses to spend money on much needed upgrades but wastes money on unnecessary items. Lack of upgrades ends up putting a strain on employees and ends up costing the company more in additional labor. Ownership fails to understand these labor costs. * Management is bloated. Too many cooks. *Unrealistic expectations of employees. Ownership has no grasp on reality and constantly reprimands all direct reports for "failing to meet expectations". Working environment is one where it is impossible to succeed. *Compensation is 20% less than local competitors, with more work required of you despite significantly higher profit margins. *Ownership thinks the worst of employees. It is simply assumed by them that all employees are stealing and abusing privileges. *Stingy with benefits. Paid holidays for full time employees have dwindled annually. Employee discount structure is poor. *Employees are disciplined and terminated for actions that aren't addressed in other employees of the same position. Discipline is often enacted as a strictly personal vendetta from ownership. *Large scale business decisions are constantly made and enacted with little to no planning. Horses are changed midstream by ownership without consideration of the consequences and employees are in turn blamed when these transitions are less than smooth.

Trillium Brewing Company2017-08-22