Trillium Family Services "trauma informed" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Trillium Family Services Employee Reviews about "trauma informed"

Updated May 24, 2019

3.1
Trillium Family Services President and CEO Kim Scott (no image)
Kim Scott
Pros
  • "The company works hard to do the best it can do for children and families who are experiencing significant mental health issues(in 4 reviews)

• "Nice place, they work at the whole "trauma informed care" thing at a managerial level(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management talks really disrespectfully about kids and their families in their clinical supervision meetings (its very unprofessional)(in 4 reviews)

• "Very low pay for the emotional toll the job can take(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "trauma informed"

Return to all Reviews

"Administrative"

Administrative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Trillium Family Services

Pros

Trillium Family Services truly has a remarkable, positive work environment. We follow the "Sanctuary" Model which promotes safety and recovery from adversity through the active creation of a trauma-informed community. I have a background in administrative work in large corporations, as well as having been a special education teacher in juvenile detention. Non-profit organizations may not be the highest-paying, but you cannot put a dollar amount on a career where you feel good about going to work every day, knowing that you are helping kids, and work in an environment that provides/promotes safety for clients and staff. We have a saying around here, "Instead of asking someone what is wrong with them...ask what happened to them." I love Trillium and truly believe that this will be the last job I will have until retirement!

Cons

Never enough funds to do all of the projects with the kids that you we would like!

Trillium Family Services2015-05-08

"Toxic Upper Management Culture"

I worked at Trillium Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The kids who deserve more trauma informed care. Powerful work can be done, but if you are too humanistic you'll get talked to by management.

Cons

-It seems they care more about the treatment modality than the kids themselves. -Upper management talks really disrespectfully about kids and their families in their clinical supervision meetings (its very unprofessional) - Employees Not adequately trained -not trauma informed -Hard to advocate for yourself -unfair pay -Ignore and emotionally neglect kids who are struggling as a therapeutic tactic, then if you offer support you get scolded for feeding into their "attention seeking behavior"

Trillium Family Services2019-05-24

"On call supervisory work"

in Portland, OR

I worked at Trillium Family Services for less than a year

Pros

Nice place, they work at the whole "trauma informed care" thing at a managerial level.

Cons

Upset someone,and you'll get shut down. Pay is mediocre. It's pretty much a mill for those with recent diplomas to get some real life experience and then move on. Not bad if you're using it for that, though.

Trillium Family Services2016-09-02

"Poor supervision & they do not practice what they preach"

I worked at Trillium Family Services full-time

Pros

Great to get to know the kids and see them improve

Cons

Very low supervision. They promote a trauma-informed approach and sanctuary model but do not follow through in its implementation. I felt incredibly unsupported by staff and coworkers. The job can be very dangerous - physically and emotionally.

Trillium Family Services2015-04-09

"low pay"

Skills Trainer in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Trillium Family Services

Pros

The kids are great to work with. Generally people who work here are not looking to get rich, they are looking to make a difference in the lives of children and adolescents. Trillium has a wonderful trauma informed culture with great values. It has an atmosphere of hope and healing and is working hard on becoming sanctuary certified. Trillium family services is doing a great job practicing the latest evidence-based treatments and philosophies of care. I've never had such good supervisors at any other job. The staff here a special set of people.

Cons

If you are a recent graduate you will not be able to afford to survive on the pay they offer you as a skills trainer. You will not be able to make rent, student loan payments and afford to feed and clothe yourself. You cannot support a family on this wage. If you have 1 child the pay is not a living wage and you will be below the poverty line and will qualify for welfare benefits. The required annual income for survival for just 1 adult and 1 child in Benton County is $39,848. Many staff get badly injured from working here and they need to be getting paid more for the sacrifice.

Trillium Family Services2014-12-05