Trilogy Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Trilogy Financial CEO, Founder and Owner Jeff Motske
Jeff Motske

1. "Great Internship at Corporate office"

Former Intern - Payroll and Benefits Department in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Intern - Payroll and Benefits Department in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Trilogy Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working with the Payroll and Benefits Department and they were all really great to work with and very informative. I was given a wide range of tasks and projects to do, so I was always busy. I even was able to help with their event planning which was amazing.

Cons

Some of the tasks were really simple and boring, but they were few and far between.

2. "Good company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone (and I mean everyone) is friendly and they make you feel like you have a voice and you matter. My department is very team oriented and we all get along great. No pettiness or gossip.

Cons

Pay is low and they don't match their 401k, but than again who does? Overall benefits could be better for the employees who are not Financial Advisors.

Advice to Management

Wage increase please jk... Keep up the good work. I really like it here.

3. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Trilogy Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, opportunities to grow.
    Everyone is very pleasant and wants to get to know one another.

Cons

None. Senior management is pretty good and they spend time developing employees.

"Financial Advisor Associate"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Associate
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Associate

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time

Pros

Great location, experienced staff, A for effort on creating structure and training. The advisors clearly care about their customers and there is a lot of longevity. The client space is clean and modern. Great opportunity to build a business within a business.

Cons

Being a great salesperson doesn't make you a great manager. Management needs to be trained in HR, leadership and how to rollout a training program; before they start training others. The office environment for the employees is messy, outdated and cramped. They have set up a formal program to take you from Associate to Advisor, but the rollout seems a bit chaotic and haphazard.

Advice to Management

Spend a little money on making the employee's work environment more pleasant and modern. Have a more formal onboarding process that includes a day or two in the corporate office getting introduced to the company, licensing requirements, timelines, compensation and the overall training program so that all employees start with the same imprint, regardless of what office they work in.

"Financial Executive"

I worked at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extensive training program from corporate level to local regional level. Felt there was a strong sense of support from the training managers. An independent firm where you can provide clients a wide variety of investment and insurance products.

Cons

It is a tough industry to get started in. Like any sales job, the leads will dry up. The company does have programs and strategies to help generate you leads, but it is mostly up to you.

Advice to Management

Focus more on personal development to boost confidence of new advisors. Too much attention on the script, and not the advisor.

7. "Room for growth"

Pros

I was given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that enabled me to grow in this industry. The only limits I have are those I set for myself.

Cons

Team building would be more powerful if a casual and family oriented company event took place semi annually.

Advice to Management

Open door policy is great, but keep in mind that noise does travel and some conversations may be best if kept private.