Trilogy Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Trilogy Financial CEO, Founder and Owner Jeff Motske
Jeff Motske

"I have been working at Trilogy for the past 4 months and I really enjoy working here. The office atmosphere is great."

Current Employee - Hiring Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Hiring Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very understanding of life situations. Supportive. Easy to talk to.

Cons

Working on holidays such as Christmas Eve half day and holidays such as Presidents day and MLK.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being available to talk with and to share ideas and input to improve the company.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom. Great co-workers. Supportive managers. Lots of growth opportunity.

Cons

Ok, so I will agree that the starting wages for admin are low but I know that as people show knowledge and efficiency, wages increase pretty fast. If you are in it for the long haul (where you are looking to grow and be part of the bigger picture) and not just looking for a job for the now, this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

So the trips, bonuses, and other perks are great for the financial advisors but what about admin people? Thank you for the annual bonuses but I wish there was a way we could earn a bonus more often. An admin retreat would be great! =)

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Vice President -Client Services Representative in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President -Client Services Representative in Corona, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Trilogy has been rated one of the top places to work in Southern California. It has a family culture and all of the employees that work at Trilogy are very friendly. The financial services industry is not a career for everyone but the management team at Trilogy are great and very supportive of their employees. The training program is top-notch and hard work is definitely rewarded.

Cons

There are no paid holidays

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

4. "Great Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Hiring Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Hiring Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family Culture
    Friendly Employees
    Everyone knows your name, so you don't feel like just a number or a random person that works in a department

Trilogy was a stepping stone for me. I got there, worked my butt off and it paid off. I left on good terms and now I'm in a position where I can grow. I wouldn't change it at all and working there taught me a lot. Just like with any position, you need to a. give it a chance to work and b. want to actually work. If you keep that in mind, Trilogy may be a great fit for you.

Cons

No Paid Holidays
    No room for growth, at least for my position

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and find creative ways to motivate your team

5. "Varied and challenging"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Trilogy Financial part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours were great. The work environment was very pleasant and conditions were nice.
    The office décor was very classy and inviting.

Cons

My job was eliminated. There should be admin reviews set and timely. There should be introductions made when there are new hires in the company.

Advice to Management

give notice (time frame)

6. "Top Work Places"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent enviroment to work, Trilogy provides employees with health benefits, 401k plus profit sharing and training for all advisors. The rich training allows a new advisor to grasp fundamentals of the Industry while experienced advisors have access to advanced training for their ongoing development, while encouraging them to continue the industry education with obtaining their CFP. Trilogy has many leads programs that help advisors with the development of clients, which include Dave Ramsey's ELP program. I look forward to many more years of continued success!

Cons

You must be willing to take responsibility for your own results.

Advice to Management

Continue doing great work.... Providing opportunity for people!!

"Financial Services isn't for everyone!!!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Financial Services industry is a very difficult one to be in. The turnover is high as most new advisors fail due to having unrealistic expectations about what it really means to be a financial advisor. The hours are long, the highs are very high as the lows are very low and it will take you a long time to develop a successful, lucrative practice. You need to do a lot of research before you decide to enter this field but if you do, this is the best company to work for. The support you get toward staying educated and providing advice in building your business is second to none. If you work hard, listen well, stay patient and learn the practices that Trilogy has proven to work, you will succeed. However, that success WILL NOT come overnight.

Cons

The downsides are unique to working in the financial services business and really are no different from company to company. Anyone who tells you differently is mis-guided or mis-informed. Being and advisor is hard work, takes a long time and it doesn't come easy to anyone. It's commission based so there really is no salary to speak of so you're going to have to work hard and meet with a lot of people to make a decent income. They provide a starting salary option at first but it isn't a living wage but it is not designed to be such. It is designed to provide a minimum safety net and allow you to build your business while having something small on which to fall back. If you want to find a cushy job with a nice salary that doesn't require a lot of work, don't bother applying here. But if you want to work hard, help people and create a profitable business for yourself in the future, come talk to us!

The health insurance is fine. The 401(k) doesn't have a match. A match would be nice but you're an advisor, it's your job to plan accordingly. There are ownership options upon advancement within the company but it isn't super lucrative until you've been there and been a good producer for a significant period of time.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of different managers that have a lot of different personalities that cater well to different types. Make sure that the new reps are paired with the right people for their personality and continue to provide a positive environment.

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'm in my 10th year with the company and its a great place to work. I have a wonderful work/life balance. Have had some great times on company rewards trip, and I just really enjoy being a financial planner.

Background I started here at 24, and worked hard and was quickly promoted to Vice President in under 2 years.

Cons

Working in the financial services industry isn't for everyone. But if you are going to do it, this is the place to be. My only issue is that I live roughly 26 miles from 3 of our offices. This is more of a personal issue. Also have some benefits its relatively easy for me to get to 3 offices and see clients from a wide area.

"Home away from home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Family environment. Managers with open door policies. Lot's of room for advancement. People are very nice.

Cons

Would be nice if they had a more richer benefit package. No matching on 401k. Has profit sharing but the amount given to employees is pretty small. Nice that they have health insurance but wish it covered more.

Advice to Management

Maybe spend a little less on the annual parties and trips and spend more on benefits for employees.

10. "Financial Adviser"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time

Pros

Great environment with focus on collaboration, commitment to the work we do for our clients, and fun with our teammates.

Cons

Trilogy is a growing company and that involves change. Sometimes those changes could be communicated better.

Advice to Management

Develop clear communication around company changes and the impact it will have on all employees.