Trilogy Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 15, 2017

1.0
Randy Bufford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Weekly pay, Good working environment (in 32 reviews)

• Trilogy offers very good benefits and you are able to grow with the company (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any health care facility occasionally working short staffed was a definite con (in 18 reviews)

• There is no Cons that I can think of (in 15 reviews)

1. "Resident Care Advisor"

Current Employee - Resident Care Advisor in Bellevue, OH
    Current Employee - Resident Care Advisor in Bellevue, OH

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best co-workers, helpful staff and just a great atmosphere

Cons

Would like more hours but only got part time

2. "Adhs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greencastle, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greencastle, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Floor Staff team work

Cons

Management; lack of communication and training; will work you to death with no compassion; rude; disrespectful and no training and unprofessional

Advice to Management

Invest time and effort and compassion into your staff

3. "Nurse"

Former Employee - Nurse in Westfield, IN
    Former Employee - Nurse in Westfield, IN

Pros

All the overtime you would ever want because managers will hound you until you say YES.

Cons

Management protects certain employees when they mess up, such as leaving medication and a syringe full of insulin in a resident's room overnight. Employee received verbal warning. Other employees would have been written up, suspended, or fired on the spot. Management not fair across board with every employee. Would not work for this company again due to their management says they follow the companies vision, however truly do not. Cover for managers who miss quite a bit of work, but still employed.

4. "Employee Beware TWAB is NOT what they say it is"

Former Employee - Leadership Team in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Leadership Team in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay that is a great benefit for families
    Good benefits if you can get them
    Buildings look nice and are clean

Cons

Short staffed
    Over worked
    Under trained
    Expected to train yourself and sign off on training not received
    Do not treat everyone the same some break rules and it is ok while other break same rules and are gone

Advice to Management

Keep you support staff in line they are supporting staff not supervisors of the campus staff. Practice what you preach about being employee focused and teamwork. Your organization is all about that until something happens then you send upper management and support in to "clean house". You keep bad employees who take advantage of the system you created while getting rid of the ones who actually do their job and know what they are doing. If you keep going the way you are you will soon see yourself out of business and not "the best healthcare in the Midwest" remember their are those out there that have been doing this a lot longer than 1997. Without good employees running your campuses and caring for your residents people will go someplace else. It is not all about a "pretty face" when you look good on the outside and are providing sub standard care on the inside, breaking the rules, fraudulent billing practices, and do not treat everyone the same. Not everyone wants to drink your kool aid it is poison.

"Value profit over resident care"

Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful residents and families.
    Some great co-workers.
    Beautiful buildings.

Cons

New policies were constantly being rolled out without communication regarding how to implement them.
    Support team from Home Office was more concerned with gossiping and getting drunk at company functions than improving care for residents.
    Wonderful company ideals but little to no follow through. Resident care suffered because of lack of employee engagement.

Advice to Management

Revisit why you became involved in elder care in the beginning. The residents deserve better than lukewarm employees and policies that are marketed but not followed.

"Don't believe the onboarding"

Current Employee - Crca in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Crca in Battle Creek, MI

Pros

Occasionally meeting good people while you work. Falling in love with residents. ER3's can be good but not always. At times there is an abundance of hours.

Cons

Onboarding was a compleat lie and waste of time. The "perks" they talk about are ONLY obtainable buy jumping through numerous hoops or "knowing" the right people. Days off are ALWAYS denied, you are NEVER allowed to be sick with out being threatened to lose your job. False accusations are thrown around like it's no big deal and some people take accusations VERY seriously. Staff is compleatly OVER worked and under paid. Assisted living at trilogy does not mean assisted living, it means we will take anyone who can pay the high price and our employees will just have to find a way to deal with it. Management ARE NOT team players, they only look out for each other and do not care about people on the floor. Most management is two face and back stabbing. There is NO recognition for people who work hard and do their job, actually the compleat opposite happens and hard working good people are hated and targeted. They wonder why they loose 10+ people per building per month? Because you treat your employees VERY badly and when an employee comes to management with an issue the employee is blown off or targeted and then low key forced out by being threatened and treated poorly and being called names. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone, what I am telling you is not just my experience but also others I have worked with and things I have witnessed! Favored people are able to do anything from do nothing their entire shift or even commit abuse or neglect with out management batting an eye but hard working good people have everyone else working together to do anything they can to force them out, isn't that the exact opposite of what we were taught in onboarding?? We were hired because we were good people with servants hearts, just to get sent out there to be bullied and threatened and treated poorly! If there was a lower rating I could have given to the company I would have done it. Maybe management outside of the building I work in is not this way but that means they need to start visiting the buildings and taking the aides & cooks and people on the floor somewhere private and speak to them in serious confidentiality and find out what's really going on there, I am more than will to speak, I no longer fear losing my job, I would love to tell Randy how abuse is reported but if it is a "specially favored" person or group committing the abuse then it is just over looked and the paperwork that was filed just goes away…

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices or where ever you are and go out to these buildings and talk to the actual workers and not management, if u want the REAL stories that's what you will do, management is highly operational on hiding, lying & making this disappear, so you are loosing EXCELLENT, true servants heart workers due to this, you need to compleatly clean house and start over so your workers match the excellent beautiful building they work in. I do not want to post my personal info on this page but I WOULD LOVE the opportunity to share just the fraction of things I know and direct u in the right direction on how to help make your business what I truly believe you want it to be. I love your ideas of employees coming first and all the things u have set into place on how to reward them for the good they do, the problem is management makes it IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get any kind of recognition they deserve unless that person is a "friend" to management and then yes by all means they get all the "perks" and everyone else just sits by and watches and withers away or goes and looks for other companies that actually practice what they preach! I believe Randy and the things he said in his videos the problem is the management people working for him DO NOT believe him! I hope this will help you improve things for your workers so the don't keep walking out the door on you.

"Community Service Representative"

Former Employee - Community Service Representative in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Community Service Representative in Evansville, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful building, doe not have a nursing home feel.

Cons

They do not practice what they preach. They get you to drink the Kool Aid then give you vinegar once your hired. The most important thing is to get the census numbers they have set for your budget. Residents are numbers, you constantly feel your job is on the line. Most of Regional staff is only concerned about their jobs and will throw you under the bus in a heart beat. You are set up to fail. The care is just like any other nursing home sometimes not even as good. But hey the beautiful building makes up for that right? Wrong employees are also just numbers no true compassion. The employee satisfaction surveys if you do not rate high enough you get called to the office and instructed how to fill it out properly. If you want to lose all self worth this is the company for you, otherwise run

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Be honest with Randy Bufford on what it is like at the campus things can not improve if you cover things up. Management needs to work on being honest and humble.

8. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Nuses Aide in Commerce, MI
    Former Employee - Nuses Aide in Commerce, MI

Pros

unlike other facility's you have the advantage of weekly pay,decent benefits package, staff perks,gas card employee of the month

Cons

very high turn over,mandating quite frequent,short staff,heavy work load,management horrible,calls frequently people to come in.

9. "nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time

Pros

other nurses very helpful, workplace is pretty nice looking, er 3 parties are fun

Cons

poor management, poor supervision, inadequate staffing, not enough aides, peri care not getting done daily on residents, poor training and communication, read the other replies from other states-- corporate problem to retain and pay staff well,same problems as other locations care is not good but dog and pony shows for family is very good. they get rid of those who dont brown nose and arent the "pet" employees. no accountability that I saw for managers to manage. dollars matter more than staff. management will lie if it makes them look good to corporate or state.

Advice to Management

do what u say are corporate values, hire managers who manage, stop the nepotism, communicate better. staff in offices should not be counted as nursing staff since they do no nursing or aide activities unless emergency. pay staff better and u might keep them. stop nursing and aide staf from having to do dietary and housekeeping work because u dont manage skills of workers properly.

"Northern Indiana"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Merrillville, IN

Pros

None that I can think of that made this a positive experience

Cons

1. Inconsistent Leadership, no direction except always look good to the public
    2. AVP was totally out of control, talked openly about her "bad marriage', spoke negatively about co-workers
    3. Employee hired because said "thank you" rather than "my pleasure"

Advice to Management

Get back to basics of providing quality care and drill down for the reasons for high turnover of Executive Direttors