Trinitas Hospital Reviews in Elizabeth, NJ | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Trinitas Hospital President and CEO Gary S. Horan
Gary S. Horan

1. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive work environment. Staff is dedicated and caring toward patients. Good benefits. Management does not micro-manage. Very ethical environment, where the client's best interest comes first. No pressure to pump up billing to meet productivity requirements. Some flexibility in schedule. Weekday hours only.

Cons

Salary is not great, with little or no room for raises. Limited opportunity for advancement or to gain supervisory experience. If you want to stay at the same level indefinitely, and you're okay with modest pay, this is a good place to be.

2. "CNA position"

Former Employee - CNA in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - CNA in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly working environment, great place to learn new skills

Cons

Short staff, short staff,short staff

Advice to Management

Hire more people

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Orientation was short but I learned so much in a short amount of time. That is why I came to this facility..... however the cons far outweigh the pros

Cons

Once you are off orientation, you are on your own. You can't get any help from anyone because everyone is busy. Some won't help you because they are spiteful, others just can't because they don't have the time. Some nursing assistants are good, others are not. The floor is always understaffed, and if it is staffed properly, someone is getting floated to another floor. In some cases nursing assistants prefer to chat with each other rather than do their work. Bilingual should be a mandatory requirement. The goal of every nurse I have met has been to get out as soon as something better comes along. The pay is not even good. All the staff I have personally come across have stated they are unhappy. The hospital stands for quality patient care, however how could anyone provide good quality patient care when the floors are understaffed and the staff is overworked. Nurse/patient ratio is too high. Between 6 to 8 patients... more like 8 patients.

Advice to Management

Proper staffing would probably lower the staff turnover rate.

5. "Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are hardworking and nice. The group that I work with we all get along. Even though i was part time, i felt i get compensated fairly.

Cons

The cafeteria food isn't the best, but at least we get a discount. Some of the systems that we use feel a little outdated. If i needed to export a report into excel, i had to pretty much do it manually.

Advice to Management

Update the system to make things more automatic. This will save time and create less errors. This will definitely make current and future employees lives a little easier.

6. "Lowest pay in New Jersey"

Current Employee - Registrar in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Registrar in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive because everything is bad compared to what other hospitals provide.

Cons

Time off are two weeks in which sick days, holidays are included. Thus, after holidays you have left one week, so you better have good health if you want to go on vacation! The company doesn't match employees contributions for the 401K plan which is really disappointing for a company that practically push their employees to send email to public servers to compain about Charity Care funding which is probably kept by high directives (this is based on the amount of Charity Care patients that come).

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees; give bonuses, raises, and do not look at your subordinates like plebeyans.

Trinitas Hospital Response

Aug 10, 2016 – HR IS Manager

We are so sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your concerns. Trinitas is a competitive institution with benefits and pay compared to ... More

7. "utilization review"

Former Employee - Psychiatric Case Manager/Utilization Review in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Case Manager/Utilization Review in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Hospital (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and supportive staff in administration. Pay was very good and the boss was very flexible. Great benefits and generous PTO time.

Cons

Long commute and some psychiatrists were resistant to change their charting habits. The job required sitting all day and reviewing charts so there was little interaction with patients.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Difficult environment, rewarding at times"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Hospital as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Emergency Room as a nurse tech, so not everyone will be able to relate to this review. At times I liked the fast-paced environment (time goes by much more quickly when you're working your butt off). A lot of my fellow techs and the nurses were really nice and supportive. It also seemed like people had more control over their schedules than some places I've worked at. Basically, I'd imagine that hospital doesn't receive a lot of funding and they have to cover a ridiculously large area (being the only hospital in Elizabeth) so they make do with what they have.

Cons

Some of the higher ups (especially the doctors) could be a bit difficult to work with. And the hospital is very overcrowded and the employees tend to be underpaid, so people can get grumpy at times. Also, if emergencies aren't your thing then this would be a terrible place to work. Being a quick thinker and having a good memory would help with this position. I was per diem so I can't speak to the benefits.

Advice to Management

I don't think it's the management's fault as much as the fact that it's the only hospital in a pretty big radius, so they're overcrowded pretty much all the time. So my advice would probably go to politicians in Elizabeth or Chris Christie--fund another hospital!

9. "Registrar"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly a Great place to work!

Cons

Nothing to comment on the cons

10. "OR transporter"

Current Employee - Transporter/Preoperative Assistant in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Transporter/Preoperative Assistant in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am able to help out the patients.

Cons

Not stable I am per diem. I only work one day a week or if they need me.

11. "case management department"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RN staff. the nurses are understaffed and work hard.. they are not appreciated by mgt.

Cons

management and salary.. the salary is deceiving on glassdoor..it lists the top salary for
    RN and other staff who have been there 20+years..starting salary is in the high 20 to low $30/hr range. you are better off working elsewhere.