Trinitas Regional Medical Center Reviews in Elizabeth, NJ | Glassdoor

3.6
Trinitas Regional Medical Center President and CEO Gary S. Horan
Gary S. Horan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment and supportive staff in administration (in 4 reviews)

• Friendly working environment, great place to learn new skills (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very short staffed and no one cares (in 3 reviews)

• In need of new equipments- stretchers, IV carts (in 2 reviews)

1. "Family"

Current Employee - Healthcare Professional in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Healthcare Professional in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family like environment. I am treated like fmaily not just an employee that earns a paycheck. Understand community. It did not take long for me to feel welcomed, when I first started. Close commute to home. Great balance when it comes to work/life.

Cons

Improvements in security. Security not too “tight”. Not a bad neighborhood, but also not the greatest. Need to inprove on compensation. Peers within my profession with less experience are compensated a lot higher

2. "Enjoyable company and position"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Approachable upper management, great work/life balance.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

3. "Proctor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Regional Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

Very organized
    Great communication and collaboration with staff

Cons

I do not have any

"Behavioral health"

Current Employee - Psychiatric Social Worker in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Social Worker in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'm comfortable and the health insurance is affordable.

Cons

Administration could be more appreciative of staff.

Advice to Management

Let's hear more positive thoughts about our department.

5. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Elizabeth, NJ

Pros

Very supportive work environment. Staff is dedicated and caring toward patients. Good benefits. Management does not micro-manage. Very ethical environment, where the client's best interest comes first. No pressure to pump up billing to meet productivity requirements. Some flexibility in schedule. Weekday hours only.

Cons

Salary is not great, with little or no room for raises. Limited opportunity for advancement or to gain supervisory experience. If you want to stay at the same level indefinitely, and you're okay with modest pay, this is a good place to be.

6. "CNA position"

Former Employee - CNA in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - CNA in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly working environment, great place to learn new skills

Cons

Short staff, short staff,short staff

Advice to Management

Hire more people

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Orientation was short but I learned so much in a short amount of time. That is why I came to this facility..... however the cons far outweigh the pros

Cons

Once you are off orientation, you are on your own. You can't get any help from anyone because everyone is busy. Some won't help you because they are spiteful, others just can't because they don't have the time. Some nursing assistants are good, others are not. The floor is always understaffed, and if it is staffed properly, someone is getting floated to another floor. In some cases nursing assistants prefer to chat with each other rather than do their work. Bilingual should be a mandatory requirement. The goal of every nurse I have met has been to get out as soon as something better comes along. The pay is not even good. All the staff I have personally come across have stated they are unhappy. The hospital stands for quality patient care, however how could anyone provide good quality patient care when the floors are understaffed and the staff is overworked. Nurse/patient ratio is too high. Between 6 to 8 patients... more like 8 patients.

Advice to Management

Proper staffing would probably lower the staff turnover rate.

8. "Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are hardworking and nice. The group that I work with we all get along. Even though i was part time, i felt i get compensated fairly.

Cons

The cafeteria food isn't the best, but at least we get a discount. Some of the systems that we use feel a little outdated. If i needed to export a report into excel, i had to pretty much do it manually.

Advice to Management

Update the system to make things more automatic. This will save time and create less errors. This will definitely make current and future employees lives a little easier.

9. "Lowest pay in New Jersey"

Current Employee - Registrar in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Registrar in Elizabeth, NJ

Pros

There is nothing positive because everything is bad compared to what other hospitals provide.

Cons

Time off are two weeks in which sick days, holidays are included. Thus, after holidays you have left one week, so you better have good health if you want to go on vacation! The company doesn't match employees contributions for the 401K plan which is really disappointing for a company that practically push their employees to send email to public servers to compain about Charity Care funding which is probably kept by high directives (this is based on the amount of Charity Care patients that come).

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees; give bonuses, raises, and do not look at your subordinates like plebeyans.

Trinitas Regional Medical Center Response

Aug 10, 2016 – HR IS Manager

We are so sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Trinitas is a competitive institution with benefits and pay compared to... More

10. "utilization review"

Former Employee - Psychiatric Case Manager/Utilization Review in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Case Manager/Utilization Review in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Trinitas Regional Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and supportive staff in administration. Pay was very good and the boss was very flexible. Great benefits and generous PTO time.

Cons

Long commute and some psychiatrists were resistant to change their charting habits. The job required sitting all day and reviewing charts so there was little interaction with patients.

Advice to Management

None