Trinitas Ventures Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael F. King

"On the right track, but needs improvement."

Current Employee - Leasing Associate in West Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Leasing Associate in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Trinitas Ventures (Less than a year)

Pros

The site team I work with is one of the best in the business. Most of my co-workers are bright, skilled, competent team players. The property manager here is incredible - she is truly the best boss I have ever had. The base pay is fairly high for the market, and there are advancement opportunities (although they are usually in the middle of nowhere). Benefits are included, but they are extremely expensive.

Cons

There isn't enough communication from corporate to the property level. As Leasing Associates, we are the bread and butter - it's vitally important to keep us informed about policy changes, software updates, etc. - and we aren't. It makes us look sloppy and unprofessional. Plus, raises are annual and are so small they're insulting. 4% (less than 50 cents an hour) per year is not enough to keep talented, driven individuals motivated, especially after they wait months to see it on their paycheck. The bonus structure is convoluted and totally opaque - you'll never know why you got the amount you did. The training program is completely nonexistent and your success in the company depends completely on how competent the site team is - and how willing they are to ensure your success.

Advice to Management

Get your priorities straight. The success of this business depends a lot on the little people, so if you treat them right, you'll attract and keep the best of the best. Get a real training program in place, and figure out what the property needs to succeed. Empower the staff and you'll see results.

2. "Market Research Analyst - Intern"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with solid management. They are becoming well-known in the student housing industry and have a good reputation. As an intern, you are required to make a lot of phone calls to different properties in the markets you research. While it may not seem glamorous, it has helped me in my professional career as I have become more effective in verbal communication. After analyzing and researching a particular market, you have the opportunity to pool your findings and give your presentation to management. This helps you become a better presenter and is great practical experience for a college student. This internship gives good experience and can help set you up for a good career.

Cons

While the internship did offer a few opportunities to see and experience other aspects of the business, it would have been nice to have a little more exposure to Property Management, Development, Finance, etc.

3. "Great place to work at first then you realize"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Trinitas Ventures full-time

Pros

There are plenty of great people that you get to interact with at the corporate office, but after working with them you'll realize Trinitas hires many people that are not qualified for their jobs. The corporate office itself is nice, company is on track to continually grow and you will be able to make many important decisions because the company is still small.

Cons

For how much money Trinitas makes, they pay poorly especially for the amount of work they require you to do. You will find that upper management will ask you to do plenty of jobs that are not even close to your job position or job description. The yearly raises are not much at all and upper management seems like they do not know what they are doing most of the time. Everything is always so unorganized, there are no systems in place and you will feel like you are always fixing other people's mistake because Trinitas likes to hire inexperienced employees.

Advice to Management

Get organized, higher more qualified leaders and pay your employees more to retain the talented people.

5. "Growing company, Lots of "HR" room for improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time

Pros

Exciting to be a part of a company that is growing quickly and interested in change. Lots of opportunities to learn & grow & get your hands dirty. Beautiful corporate office. I was very happy with my career growth while at this company.

Cons

I was very dissatisfied with the HR practices. I had to fight for raises, even promised ones with promotions. Even worse, new people would be hired on at higher rates that long standing employees. The biggest con, though, is the corporate culture. There is an incredible amount of drama & gossip in the office that is distracting from work & destructive in nature.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth & take the gossip & drama seriously. Recruitment costs a lot of money & you are losing good people who are tired of the drama.

6. "On the Right Track, TONS of Potential - Best Place I've Worked"

Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Lexington, KY

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting working for Trinitas during lease-up in 2013, the property manager at the time wasn't very as dedicated as the rest of the staff but we bonded together to make sure the property stayed afloat. I really enjoyed the flexibility and willingness to think forwardly regarding the market (Lexington). It was the first time I felt like I had an opinion that matter to my corporate office. I previously worked for AT&T and Best Buy so I was used to being just a number.

The office staff in Lexington was one of the best i've ever experienced. Everyone was hard working, intelligent, and very competent in customer service/sales and able to handle any problem that came our way.This is the model property of the ENTIRE PORTFOLIO.

I would love to come back and work for trinitas once i've completed my degree. I had to leave because I transferred universities.

Cons

Corporate micromanages the marketing $$ and doesn't spend them on the most effective forms of outreach. Its hard to call those kinds of shots from a couple hundred miles away.

Also once corporate was made less accessible by the property employees the vibe changed a little. But nothing too major.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the marketing micro management, there are people/students who work there and are immersed in the campus community everyday who have a better idea of what will work and what type of events/ collateral that will best suit the market.

7. "Worst company EVER (unless you're willing to sell your soul with the corporate office)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The students (who you have to lie to in order to get a lease)
    Most of the office staff

Cons

Where to begin.. Pay, micromanaging, corporate only sees numbers instead of actual ppl, corporate changes policies after only having them in place for less than 3 months, students getting robbed in their apartments and office lying to parents about not knowing anything, the property manager is joke: walks in an hour late/leaves an hour early, doesn't know how to sign a lease. Property looks nice but it's really cheap with thin walls. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for any of Trinitas' properties.

Advice to Management

Stick to a policy long enough to see results. Listen to your staff members and get rid of Karen.

8. "Very good family biz - growing pains but that's why you get paid. Smart people see this, the rest are leasing agents."

Former Employee - Development Associate in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Development Associate in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At corporate level, all very very good people. Pay is good but not great for people based on area of expertise and market rate for that position, surprising difference in salary between co workers. Company has desire to grow every year, and is working hard to operate its business in a way to make it happen, even so they are making plenty of money along the way. Competent new executive staff being added. For someone who knows the development business, they have a lot to offer. They own, operate and build for themselves which is unique and smart.

Cons

Based in Lafayette, IN but travel and the good people at the company help this. They want to get more efficient and better and are actively trying to do so. They need to figure out how to improve without slowing the growth of the company. A tricky task. At this point they are choosing growth and you can't blame them. Strike while the iron is hot. They also need to watch overhead, almost too many employees vs. peers.

Advice to Management

Something to think about: There's 12 months in a year but ~26 months in a development cycle. Other than that, keep making deals.

9. "Head management are living in a dream"

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the staff is great

Cons

Low pay for selling a few million in leases, during the interview they know how to lie and brag up the job to sell you on it. Head management are fakes, worst I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Get off your but and do something productive and help the cause, not sit and boss orders and use your personal cell phone all day. Leave your personal life out of your work life.

10. "Underappreciated"

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The property is beautiful, but requires tons of upkeep to ensure that it remains that way. The residents are an eclectic group and always provide entertainment to the staff.

Cons

Management expects employees to do things out of the scope of their job description which wouldn't be a problem if there were more employees, but they are too cheap to hire more help. Also, the pay is terrible and management doesn't seem to notice who the good employees are versus the bad ones.

Advice to Management

Learn from your employees. Take action against the lazy ones, and promote the good ones. Take care of the people who work on the front lines and keep your residents happy.

11. "Great place to have an internship with"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in West Lafayette, IN

Pros

Great place to get experience and the people there are great! Laid back atmosphere but everyone is very hard working.

Cons

Only downfall is that sometimes the job can seem to be the same thing everyday. Which is that big of a deal but maybe can seem a bit dull at times. Really though what job isn't.

Advice to Management

Add some things into the internship to change things up a bit.