Trinity Consultants Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

3.7
Trinity Consultants CEO John E Hofmann
John E Hofmann

"It is fun, it is challenging, it is hard work, it is rewarding"

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

So much opportunity to learn - I am working for more clients, more industries, more variety of projects than I could have imagined. This place has always been the 'who's who' of air consultants, but with the recent additions of SafeBridge, Minnow, and others, it is becoming quite an amazing environmental consulting firm. The people are the real key. The quality of the staff, the relationships you build here, and... having so many bright minds to collaborate with and share their expertise. Very impressive.

Cons

What you would expect from consulting - the hours can be long, the clients can be demanding and sometimes they create as many barriers as they do enablers for our project work. You have to have a passion for the place. If you just want a 'job' and aren't willing to put in the effort to achieve, you can get passed pretty easily in this place.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Build on the monthly company calls, the corporate training, the regional activities. Cross pollinate the staff across the offices as much as possible.

Trinity Consultants2016-01-27
  2. "Meh"

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is ever-changing, and the opportunity to enter many types of facilities and learn about their processes keeps work interesting. There is a lot of opportunity to pave new paths, especially for self-starters who are looking to take on new types of projects and/or industries. Colleagues are very intelligent and are, generally, pleasant but not necessarily ones that you will want to hang out with on the... weekends. If you want to kick start your career in consulting, this is a great company to learn the process, including everything from proposal writing, to project execution, to invoicing and ensuring client satisfaction along the way.

Cons

Every employee's experience can vary greatly, depending on the local industry and office management. If you are looking for a work-life balance or an environment where you need collaboration or social interaction, this is not the place for you. Trinity values hard, solo work and long, billable hours. The private equity investors continue to demand greater and greater profits, which strains office managers to put... pressure on lower-level consultants. The resulting profits are distributed only to upper-level management and rarely distributed to any low- or mid-level consultants (often after many hours of billable overtime). They continue to raise the metrics for promotion, making it more and more difficult to climb the ladder. The benefits are mediocre but not realized unless you are in it for the long term (6+ years). PTO is pitiful, counts against utilization, and is not increased until after five years of employment. The company is clearly male-dominated but appears to be trying to make strides to improve the opportunities for women.

Advice to Management

Quit dragging your feet and take action to get rid of the bad eggs. They are ruining the company's reputation and dragging colleagues down along with them. Stop undervaluing your consultants and senior consultants and stop burning them out if you want them to stay for the long term.

Trinity Consultants2019-03-19
  3. "Good place to work at. Provides a lot of autonomy and responsibility."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Provides a lot of autonomy and responsibility. Very engaging work and management

Cons

Stressful and difficult at times.

Trinity Consultants2019-02-19

"Great company to work for, but always room for improvement"

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large company. Lots of career options and opportunities. Salary is above average for the industry. Health benefits are excellent.

Cons

Holiday and PTO are mediocre. Only get 8 paid holidays per year (New Year's day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day and day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). Previous firms that I worked for had 11 paid holidays (in addition to the 8 mentioned, we got New Year's Eve and 2 floating holidays to use anytime like Martin Luther King or Good Friday). PTO policy is the worst of any company... I've worked for. PTO is for both vacation and sick days.

Trinity Consultants2017-04-13

"A very positive work environment, very smart people, very strong work ethic"

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trinity hires some amazing people, a very talented group top to bottom. The project work is interesting (some more than others) and varied. The quality of the work done here is very impressive, as good as I have seen. There is no limit to opportunity and growth for those that want to pursue it. The culture is very performance based/driven. Do well, show your capabilities, and you are definitely recognized and... rewarded. Company information and performance is also readily shared. Anyone can see how their office and the company are performing as a whole. Very nice to have that level of exposure to the company results on a real time basis. While we work hard here, there is still a great deal of individual flexibility. Personal autonomy is given at a very rapid pace. You get to have freedom in your schedule and time of work - as long as deadlines are met and projects are being delivered, I have a lot of individual latitude on when and where I can get it done.

Cons

It is consulting, and we are at the beckoning call of the client. Unexpected hours needed for work can occur when we get last minute changes or emergency needs from our client requests. While normal work weeks (40 hrs) can and do occur, we always have to be prepared for the occasional 50+ work week as well.

Advice to Management

Get out into the field and out of Dallas from time to time. Spend more time connecting with the offices. We have 40 locations now. Make sure you are developing relationships with staff throughout the company.

Trinity Consultants2014-01-28
  6. "Great place to start out, but you can be burned out in a lot of offices"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good air quality training, esp for new grads Above-average information sharing system Very intelligent, motivated coworkers Some very outstanding senior/managing consultants work at Trinity

Cons

In general, below average soft skills among the supervisors Much greater focus on profitability, which consists of squeezing progressively more billable hours out of the consultant ranks Depending on how patient you are, you may need to consider relocating for career opportunities Heavy workloads (even by consulting standards) for potentially months at a time Mostly a heads-down type of work environment, though... there are opportunities in the day to stop by each others offices to chat and hang out

Advice to Management

Work/life balance issues need to be taken more seriously; too much turnover at the consultant level places even more pressure on the senior consultants to train, review deliverables, and do business development

Trinity Consultants2013-08-20
  7. "It is good, and it is bad."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will learn many skills which is very helpful for your future success, such as presentation, documentation, negotiation, project management. Trinity do not lay off its employee very often.

Cons

Sometimes the work is very stressful and changelling, sometimes it is boring. You have to be used to it, otherwise you will be disppointed.

Trinity Consultants2013-08-03

"An Average Company"

Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Trinity Consultants

Pros

The information systems are set up to allow easy access to company data. This was impressive. Trinity sets up a "push" rather than a "pull" system. Essentially, rather than having to call or email various departments or offices for data, the majority of client files are setup on a database the houses all communication and files etc.

Cons

It is a small company (300 or so), so that really limits the ability to move up unless you want to move. Trinity regularly indoctrinates the new recruits with how wonderful the company is, but after comparing salary and benefits to other companies in the same industry, it doesn't seem accurate. The upper management also tends to talk a lot about how hard and long a new consultant needs to work before moving up. ... This can be pretty disheartening. Overall, Trinity tends to have high turn over because of this (the Atlanta office almost loses the entire office every 1-2 years).

Advice to Management

Be more realistic in what you tell new employees. If you recruit new consultants right out of college, be more realistic with the corporate capabilities. It was work out for both sides in the end.

Trinity Consultants2010-07-14
  9. "I spent several years which are most important part in my life in Trinity and I learnt a lot from the company."

Senior Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Consultants

Pros

Work with some of smartest people in the field

Cons

You have to work hard to survive in Trinity.

Advice to Management

Take care fresh consultants and give them opportunities.

Trinity Consultants2012-03-07