Trinity Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
John Corcoran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance - if you know what consulting industry is like in general, you will find the work/life balance in this company is pretty good (in 6 reviews)

• I can hands-down say that I never worked at a company where the Leadership team has such an emotional investment not only in the company but the people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge in a multi-project staffing model (in 12 reviews)

• Lack of travel does not always equal work-life balance: long hours are not unusual (and are made much worse by decent commute due to suburban location) (in 6 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Passionate Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work in a great industry on meaningful/impactful project work
    -Work with great, smart, and trustworthy peers
    -Fast company growth means lots of opportunity for high achievers to be promoted into the next role. Also means tons of opportunity to work on the most fascinating questions facing our industry.
    -Limited travel responsibility

Cons

-Work life balance can be a challenge in a multi-project staffing model

Advice to Management

Keep growing and winning interesting and impactful work with amazing clients. Work life balance would be improved by encouraging/supporting better client management in the young project managers and by carefully scoping projects with clear boundaries prior to sale of work.

"A promising life sciences boutique consulting firm with room to grow"

Former Employee - Strategy Consulting Role in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Strategy Consulting Role in Boston, MA

I worked at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

People - very smart and highly motivated people. Majority are very friendly although a few might feel cold and not so friendly (every company has these types of people so it's normal)

Culture - although being a mid-size and fast growing consulting company, the company has a startup culture that is supportive and cohesive. Management team is easy to access and generally opens their doors to everyone. As the company expands rapidly, especially globally, this culture might gradually diminish but the management tries hard to maintain it

Training - this used to be a con, but as the company hired a new talent director and put together some robust training programs, this now becomes a pro of the company. There is still room for improvement, but it's going towards the right direction

Social events - they are fun, relaxing and lavish sometimes. But depending on what type of person you are, some of the party behaviors might not make everyone happy.

Work/life balance - if you know what consulting industry is like in general, you will find the work/life balance in this company is pretty good! If you want a 9-5 job, maybe consulting is not for you. Yes, you will for sure have long hours from time to time. But if you know where you limit is and say no to staffing requests when you feel overloaded, you won't be pushed to crazy as some other firms. Minimum travel is a big plus. In addition, you can always request to work from home when you're not feeling well or have other issues that prevent you from coming to work. People in the company are very understanding in general.

Cons

Compensation - it's definitely NOT bad! But it's a bit sub par compared to some competitors in the life sciences consulting industry, not to mention MBB levels.

Boston office location - it's in Waltham which is quite inconvenient for a lot employees that are living within the city. Can't comment on other offices.

People - well, people is a big pro as I said above. However, there are also shortcomings associate with it. The company has a tradition of hiring fresh college graduates, most of which lack a decent level of maturity and knowledge pertaining to business and biotech/biopharma industries. Actually, many of them have zero knowledge/background in these areas before they join the company. Biotech/biopharma is a highly specialized industry and a lot clients are senior biotech/biopharma gurus. I think hiring more mature, experienced life sciences consultants with a good level of understanding of the industry will make the company perform better and also look better in front of these sophisticated clients.

Elitists atmosphere - to be fair, all consulting companies like hiring graduates with big brands on their foreheads such as Ivy schools. Trinity is the same. Without a famous brand on your resume, it might be hard for you to get interviews. I am from Ivy myself, but I think there are a LOT of high-caliber, maybe even more capable people who are not from Ivy leagues. I would say experience/capabilities should weigh much more than famous schools.

Projects/clients - the company has tons of market research projects. There are strategy projects but not as that much as you would expect for a strategy consulting company. Also the clients tend to be more of manager/director levels, rather than C-suite. Maybe as the company grows and raises its reputation more in the field, this will change.

Advice to Management

Instead of focusing on Ivy fresh graduates, hire more mature and experienced people with a decent level of understanding, or even better, some heads-on experience of different stages/aspects within the biotech/biopharma industry (from preclinical to product sales)

3. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

People, Work, Lifestyle, Events (Golf outing and end of the year party), Growth (Asia and European offices), Their patient focused mission, so much more...

Cons

As with any growing company, they are still working out the kinks in some operations areas, but it is completely entrepreneurial and everyone is brought into the decision making.

Advice to Management

As you grow, remember to continue to keep true to your roots.

4. "Amazing place to work!"

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

Consistently strong growth, focus on personal development/leadership (both through internal and external training, mentorship, opportunities throughout your career no matter tenure), flat structure, work/life balance, diversity of projects, sustainable career paths, and the best part is the type of people - driven, intellectually curious, team players - they become some of your closest friends.

Cons

No EU office yet, but India office opened in 2017 (in addition to Boston, NYC, Princeton, and SF)

"Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, collegial atmosphere. Will learn a lot very quickly. Work is pretty interesting and exit options seem strong.

Cons

Waltham location is annoying considering the bulk of employees are young and live in Boston/Cambridge. Long hours at times.

Advice to Management

Maybe diversify and move into industry sectors with more growth/disruptive potential.

"Go to E&Y, Putnam or Industry where they invest heavily in their people and PAY"

I worked at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

The people and the parties

Cons

Lots of recent turnover of GREAT people! The company is not built to scale or change. Do not confide in HR members unless you want your confidential comments shared at the Partners meetings. The work is not strategic. Poor performance is rewarded with promotions and recognition. The company needs to invest in training and adopt competitive pay principles.

Advice to Management

Train EM's once they are promoted so they can learn to sell and not end the year with reduced income in the new EM comp model. Step up the maturity of the LT.

"Great Company with Positive Outlook"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Trinity is a great place to work, a community of extremely intelligent, well-rounded people with a shared passion for healthcare and fun. It's a fast-paced work environment - as you would expect given the type of project work, with exposure to senior-level client teams making big strategic decisions - but the company maintains a work-life balance that is far better than you'll find at other consulting firms. The leadership team is constantly focused on improving both the quality of work delivered to clients AND the quality of life for employees, a rare mix that pays dividends internally and externally. Trinity maintains steady growth each year and I'm confident in its outlook for the future.

Cons

Compensation for mid-level employees is middle-of-the pack for consulting.

"Interesting work, great people but work to be done"

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work we do is interesting and impactful. The people at Trinity are smart, motivated and fun to work with. The business is strong and Trinity's reputation is growing within the industry.

Cons

Work/life balance can be challenging at times, like in most consulting firms. Leadership needs to balance the emphasis they put on selling work / growing the business with making sure workloads internally are manageable and sustainable. Top talent often gets burnt out because they are worked too hard and don't feel like leadership understands the pressure they are put under and they feel under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on retaining good people. It's not all about growth and external client development.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

Trinity has been a wonderful place for me to develop professionally. The work is interesting and challenging. Our clients come to us with tough questions they face in this dynamically changing healthcare industry. I enjoy working with my team to find innovative solutions that make an impact on our clients’ business.

Trinity offers new hire training, ongoing training, and other professional development opportunities (like attending conferences, continuing education classes, etc.) that have allowed me to continue growing and developing during my time at Trinity.

Trinity hires very smart, driven individuals who are also good people I enjoy working with. The environment is intellectually challenging, but not overly competitive like you see at other large consulting companies. I originally planned to stay in consulting for a short period of time given its grueling reputation. However, Trinity’s business model (minimal travel and focus on work/life balance) have made me reconsider and remain open-minded to a long-term career in consulting.

Cons

Consulting is a client services business. The clients needs come first. Sometimes that is challenging when clients have last minute requests.

"Amazing Place to Work!"

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can hands-down say that I never worked at a company where the Leadership team has such an emotional investment not only in the company but the people. Leadership, including the President and Managing Partner, have an open door policy, and there is no question or idea too big or too small.
    At Trinity you are rewarded for good and hard work, there is nothing that goes unnoticed.

Cons

Health benefits could be a little bit better price-wise, but the price comes with the size of the company. Larger company 500PPL+ = Cheaper Benefits