Trinity Technology Group (VA) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 18, 2017

2.3
Douglas Bullock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Transportation Security Officer"

I have been working at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time

Pros

Pay is good, small company that is expanding, overtime is plentiful, great benefits, company matched 401(k) up to 3%.

Cons

No flight discounts, paid time off accrued slowly, no bonuses aside from referrals, hours subject to change at last minute, hard to maintain a work life balance.

Advice to Management

Treat your good employees better than you do. Help develop lower performing officers into highly motivated and professional people instead of treating everyone the same. Give frequent performance reviews so people know what to work on.

2. "Do Not work for this company especially at Glacier Park International Airport"

Former Employee - Tso in Kalispell, MT
    Former Employee - Tso in Kalispell, MT

I worked at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possible stepping stone to the TSA.

Cons

This company is totally out of it's element. From screwed up pay checks, that take months to correct, to under accrual of paid time off (vacation time). You do not receive a separate sick time, what little PTO you accrue has to used for sick days and vacation. Scheduling is done by management to accommodate their favorites and we were told in no uncertain terms that seniority does not matter for anything. There are no longevity raises at all. Senior management is all the way across the country in Virginia and they only know what local management tells them and does not listen to individuals. A group complaint will get their attention. Local management will not control their leads and supervisors who are weak or out of control.

Advice to Management

You are no longer certified so concentrate on personnel management and stay out of the checkpoint and out of the way. Your supervisors are there to supervise and correct TSOs. You should be supervising and correcting supervisors, do it.

3. "Disappointed"

Former Employee - Tso in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Tso in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, Good corporation structure in theory. Easy to understand and rise up through the ranks.

Cons

Not government so benefits lack. Management made it seem they did not know what they were doing. Seemed to care little for employees other than transparent attempts to mend fences because they only really cared about the contract and bottom line. They want yes men.

4. "TSO"

Current Employee - Tso
    Current Employee - Tso

I have been working at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much for pros over all bad company to work for , no open door policy managers do nothing to help the employees with problems or concerns . I was told I will never be considered for promotions by the deputy program manager that is a real blow to an employees self esteem he had no right to tell me that

Cons

No open door policy even though they said they do don't want to hear about officer issues or concerns , poor management style managers keep their office door closed and locked during the time they are their officers have no access to management or HR if they have an issue

Advice to Management

I don't expect any of the management at Trinity Technology Group where I work to understand, but they have no idea nor do they care how I feel to watch people that started their the same time I did get promotions and raises while I get micro managed, treated poorly by the current leadership and passed over for and never given a chance for promotion because of the companies unfair bias, discriminating training and promotion process.
    I have decided this is a dead end poorly managed company and the best thing for me is to seek out new better employment. I came to this company with a strong work ethic and a willingness to improve myself so I could grow and promote within this company but the management of Trinity Technology Group at Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport has single handedly destroyed the work ethic drive and willingness to succeed that I had. ALL I EVER WANTED WAS A CHANCE!

5. "Lies & Promises"

Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in Bozeman, MT

I worked at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Majority of supervisors and officers daily task are completed with are great. They offered a consistent schedule and hours.

Cons

The person who interviewed me directly lied to me about benefits. I was told health coverage was 100% free. I was told we received sick time. I was told I could have a vacation pre-approved then had to end up talking to several people and had to wait till the last minute to get official approval. This company will not handle issues that are important to multiple officers but they will play favorites and issue written verbal warnings to outstanding officers over petty drama. They dangle promotions in front of officers so they'll work really hard. There is no chance of a raise unless promoted. They're not forth coming in the interview. They promote only the people they like. They promote people to leadership roles who aren't intellectually ready for those roles. Management makes political posters. Management and supervision are not all on the same page. They in general don't seem to care about their employees at all. They treat people like they are disposable. Hiring fresh out of high school teens with no job experience is common and then expect experienced officers to train them constantly because the turnover is so high. They threaten the mentors who are burned out on training people with minimal to no compensation that they will lose promotions and preferred time off if they refuse. Management is as full of drama as the screeners are. They hold officers to a higher standard than themselves.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page. Show some appreciation to your officers. Make the smart choice not the choice you just like. Work with your officers. Understand that your officers have lives outside of working for you. If you expect an officer to work by a certain standard hold yourself to that same standard.

6. "dont do it"

Pros

pay possible leeway into TSA career

Cons

management is bad dont care about employees

7. "Transportation Security Screener"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Cons

Too many : Disorganized upper management, lies lies and more lies, pay cuts, intimidation tactics, horrible communication to include emails which rarely get answered or acknowledged, management and training staff not supportive to employees needs,
    management fearing their client which puts pressure and stress on employees, no appreciation for work completed on a day to day basis, blanketed discipline to all employees if one person makes a mistake, under staffed, under trained, moral stays consistently low and keeps getting lower, no incentives, favoritism especially when hiring from within for advancement, mandatory overtime, micromanaging, constantly observed and scrutinized about how you perform your job which causes you to make mistakes, extremely high insurance costs force employees to go without, consistently feeling you could lose your job at any given time. I recommend you look elsewhere and stay as far away from this company as you can.

Advice to Management

Company needs a complete overhaul from the ground up.

"This company is a great place to work"

Former Employee - All Source Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - All Source Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Takes care of employees and is a great place to work

Cons

Everything is done by email.

Advice to Management

None

"TSO"

Current Employee - Tso in Key West, FL
    Current Employee - Tso in Key West, FL

I have been working at Trinity Technology Group (VA) part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If Trinity had more control I think it would be better company,Small company. Part time employment.

Cons

This company is a sub company for VMD. Trinity doesn't have much influence on how operations go at the airport in Key West, FLA. VMD runs the airport security (TSA) and Trinity is a shadow of VMD. I believe Trinity is more there for TAX breaks (Federal contracted out) and giving a small company a chance in federal eyes. Company founded in 2002.

Advice to Management

Take more control from VMD, If you lose more than 35 people in a year and you have a total of 31 current working employees that's problem.

10. "Wonderful employer"

Current Employee - Personnel Security Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Personnel Security Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Trinity Technology Group (VA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have an excellent benefits package, with a very proactive staff willing to assist in many matters to ensure both customer and employee satisfaction.

Cons

There were really no con's to working with trinity they were a very straight forward company with plenty of growth for the right candidate.