Cover image for Tripadvisor

Found 1,020 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Tripadvisor CEO Matt Goldberg
Matt Goldberg

What people are saying about Tripadvisor

Join the conversation on

Tech

469.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tripadvisor~15276
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and transparent with what the big picture looks like.(in 174 reviews)
  • "You can meet some great people there... or not anymore because they all left.(in 147 reviews)
  • "culture is great and inclusive(in 58 reviews)
  • "There is a good work/life balance(in 52 reviews)
  • "For the most part, great colleagues regardless of rankings who are willing to answer your queries at any time.(in 44 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tripadvisor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Excellent people, exciting time to join

Aug 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined 3 months ago and my experience has been excellent. The people at the organization are positive, engaged, and all around fantastic to work and collaborate with. The company culture is inspiring and the company is growing quickly. I couldn't recommend it more.

Cons

Nothing much to say here.

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for your positive remarks. The people at Tripadvisor are what makes it a great place to work, so hearing from our employees that their colleagues have positively impacted their experience is always wonderful news.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture, slightly short staffed

Nov 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits overall including travel

Cons

High level of entry to get an offer

1 person found this review helpful

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to highlight what a great place Tripadvisor is to work. As our company continues to grow, we welcome all employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

3. Join the Tripadvisor team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Decent company, short staffed though

Dec 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Global teams and cultural inclusiveness

Cons

Ineffective management system, miscommunication happens often, important work isn’t always recognized

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying our sense of community, which support our diverse and inclusive culture full of talented and inspirational individuals. It is unfortunate to hear that you feel like management communication and recognition is not as strong as it could be. As a company founded on the principle of transparency, we work hard to ensure internal strategies are communicated and the voices of our employees are heard.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Salary

Nov 28, 2022 - Compliance Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits in the company

Cons

They are behind in today's technology and methods

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company both work wise & culture

Nov 8, 2022 - Product Analyst in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work and teammates are great, lots of learning opportunities - Great culture and WLB - Fair comp

Cons

- Career progression is slow but there are lots of great mentors

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Never Stop Learning is one of our core values, and we appreciate you highlighting opportunities to further career development/learning opportunities both within your team and through our formal Learning and Development trainings. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A tremendous place to work and grow

Oct 28, 2022 - Senior Manager in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Start-up energy with strong brand awareness and reputation - Great ideas can come from anywhere, all levels - Leadership, executive teams that lead with authenticity and genuine investment in the people and culture -Hybrid, Beautiful Office with both shared and private office spaces- on-site perks and events, an amazing on-site chef provides free meals everyday , and dog friendly! -Great opportunity ahead for the brand as travel rebounds and strengthens over 2019 levels.

Cons

With certain past initiatives, guilty of moving too fast and breaking to much. New ELT seems much more of the "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" mindset, so optimistic of not repeating past mistakes.

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to highlight what a great place Tripadvisor is to work. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our sense of community, fun social events which support our diverse and inclusive culture, and collaborative environment. As our company continues to grow, we also appreciate employee comments regarding areas we can improve upon.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

price

Nov 11, 2022 - Social Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

pro is it a good place work

Cons

no cons for this place

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed being a part of the Tripadvisor team.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Okay, not great

Nov 3, 2022 - Legal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No growth opportunities and poor management.

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we appreciate comments from both former and current employees that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company Boring Job

Oct 17, 2022 - Content Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved The Company, it's culture and benefits

Cons

My job was really boring

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we value opinions from both current and former employees. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our employee-focused culture and benefits. We also appreciate you highlighting areas for improvement.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice tech company to work for

Oct 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, salary and co-workers to work with.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities, lack of vision.

Continue reading

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,020 Reviews
</>Embed

Tripadvisor Reviews FAQs

Tripadvisor has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,252 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Tripadvisor to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tripadvisor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tripadvisor. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

72% of Tripadvisor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tripadvisor 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tripadvisor to be workplace, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Tripadvisor Job Seekers