Tripadvisor "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tripadvisor Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Feb 12, 2020

3.8
Tripadvisor President and CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer
Pros
  • "Perks, Vacation Time, Free lunch(in 99 reviews)

• "Smart engineers, challenging problems and great benefits(in 61 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews

"BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the BEST Company i have worked for! i started out as a contractor and i was nervous that being a huge company i would be met with arrogance or know-it - all attitude but I felt so welcome from day 1. Every one in general was welcoming, helpful and now I am so blessed to have become full time and what an amazing team i am part of and all the other teams that i collaborate with. I feel extremely supported in all ways - resources to do my job, opportunities to learn and a clear path to career growth. I initially thought top management would be inaccessible but they are open arms... Steve is very down to earth and has an open door policy where you can stop by in his office and engage with him or say hello! I thought that was very humbling... Management encourages to communicate anything that can improve us the employees and the company as a whole without fear of intimidation. In addition to the incredible free lunch, snacks and coffees, the benefits are also amazing , their vision of charitable work is greatly encouraged, the office setting is relaxed where by you can work from anywhere in the building or outside when the weather allows. The culinary staff and cleaning crews are very incredibly efficient. All in all i could go on and on but there is too much to say...So far I have had a wonderful and amazing experience working at Trip and I am VERY VERY HAPPY here.. I feel acknowledged which may seem simple but a very crucial ingredient in an employee's performance.

Cons

sometime working with different national and international teams has a few hiccups but that is understandable and measures are constantly being taken to improve the system

Tripadvisor2019-10-07

October 8, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for highlighting the strength of our company culture and inclusivity. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to share their opinions, challenged by their work and empowered to own their projects. We also know that it really is our employees that make TripAdvisor a great place to work, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues enrich their experience is always great news.

Continue reading
  2. "Phenomenal People, Company is Soul Searching for Now"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at TripAdvisor are easy going, friendly, caring, and extremely intelligent. They are perhaps some of the most competent people I have ever worked with. Add the great team to phenomenal perks like free lunch, dogs in the office, a fitness center with nice locker rooms, a pub and game room, and you've got a great great place to work.

Cons

The company is trying to figure out how to grow its revenue and what it wants to be a five years from now. The vision is a bit hazy so you might find yourself working on a big new initiative, only to find the company is changing directions to another big new initiative. It can be frustrating, but I am hopeful that they will find their way in the next couple of years.

Tripadvisor2020-02-12

February 14, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. The people at Tripadvisor are what makes it a great place to work, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues positively impact their experience working for us is always great news. We also appreciate that you’ve highlighted some of our office perks. As Tripadvisor continues to evolve, we’re excited to embrace the strategy we have in place.

"Smart and humane"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Needham, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great culture: The flat structure is truly implemented. - Smart people: A great set of people who really care about what they are doing - Great perks: Apart from free lunches, loads of things to make it easier for you to handle life! Very thoughtful!

Cons

You will not be able to leave (I have been interviewing and getting monetarily better offers, but still haven't found a place that feels better. Hence, haven't left!)

Tripadvisor2019-09-18

October 8, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive remarks. We value opinions from employees across all levels and departments; we're glad to hear that this has been your experience. We're also happy to hear that you've found our benefits package, as well as our beyond work benefits to be helpful.

"Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Customer Success Representative

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

Perks, Vacation Time, Free lunch

Cons

hard to move up within the company

Tripadvisor2019-04-08
  5. "Best Internship Ever!"

Former Intern - SEO Intern in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is really invested in the intern program, and the intern's learning Was given meaningful tasks that directly impacted/contributed to the company All the other interns were very nice, and there were multiple events planned for bonding by HR Amazing perks like a shuttle to help with commuting, free food (really good free lunch), super nice office space, casual dress Colleagues were very knowledgable, and open to interns exploring other areas of the company

Cons

Some days were slower than others in terms of tasks to do

Tripadvisor2019-03-21
  6. "Fun environment, great people"

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progressive, fun office environment with cool perks like free lunch, free on site gym with classes, dog friendly, special events, pub, etc. Exciting industry (travel) that permeates the office Approachable and friendly people

Cons

The company loves to promote transparency, but sometimes it is lacking across levels with the greater plan for areas of the business.

Tripadvisor2019-02-11

"Overall it's a really great place to work if you don't mind a slow commute"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stellar benefits, topped by the free lunches, incredible health insurance, and generous PTO.

Cons

Difficult to move up. The company has been constantly reorganizing as it tries to reposition itself in the market causing responsibilities to be constantly changing. Needham has a very high COL so unless you're senior management and can afford a $600k home, you'll have to settle for sitting in traffic an hour each way to work

Tripadvisor2019-01-24

"Great Place"

I worked at Tripadvisor

Pros

Free Lunch every single day

Cons

None. Was just an intern

Tripadvisor2018-12-18

"In a word, amazing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Compared to the previous company I worked for, this is like night and day. I feel like my team, organization, and broader TA as a whole all care about me as an employee and individual. There are lots of great perks that come with working in Needham, including travel and fitness benefits and free lunch.

Cons

Because TA is not a fledgling company anymore it cannot move as nimbly as smaller companies.

Tripadvisor2018-11-07
  10. "Very educational software internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Tripadvisor

Pros

My team was mindful about helping me through the onboarding process and getting some practical experience in a software engineering role. Mentor pairing was extremely helpful; I had no prior experience and they did a great job of teaching me the necessities and I found projects that ramped up in difficulty, allowing me to contribute and learn. They seemed very respectful to their employees. At least from what I could see, overtime was a rarity. Free lunch is fantastic!

Cons

My work leaned towards the front-end, and while I valued the skills I picked up through the summer, the work itself wasn't the most stimulating and I didn't see too much variety in project areas. Keep in mind I was only there for a summer on one team though.

Tripadvisor2018-11-03

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 99 reviews