Triple C Designs Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Odi Golan

1. "Triple C Designs- Company for growth and opportunity"

Former Employee - Inventory Manager/Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inventory Manager/Operations in New York, NY

Pros

I remember my first day at Triple C Designs, everything about it was so exciting. I loved the smiles I saw walking in, the sound of music playing all day long and the smell of lemon from the clean floors. The company gave me such positive energy and willingness to learn and go above and beyond. Since I have joined the company my career has grown immensely. The CEO provided me with task in multiple departments which enabled me to accelerate in my career. In the greater scale, I was part of the operations dept. I was provided the luxury to communicate with the factory, warehouse, clients, and worked on a daily basis with the in house production team, sales team and occasionally the web designer. I was involved in many aspects on the company which allowed me to have a better understanding of how a company can be built from the ground up. The owner did a great job establishing this company.

The products are unbelievably amazing and like nothing I’ve ever seen in the market; the products are fashion forward and not mundane like many other companies offer. The CEO was extremely kind and offered the employees products from development stage, pp stage and even TOP stage.

If you are strong, ambitious, eager to learn and willing to grow in your career I highly recommend Triple C Designs. You will learn so much being a part of this company.

Cons

Priority System isn’t the best ERP system.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on creating amazing products!

"Don't even bother"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Triple C Designs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working for this company with the exception of meeting amazing coworkers who you are not even encouraged to be friendly with (it is actually frowned upon). The doorman is nice.

Cons

I've never worked at a company with so much potential (everyone loved each other and wanted to make a change) and where people actually made pacts to NOT quit and make the company better regardless of management and how poorly people were treated. When you work at this company you are virtually a slave. Good luck ever taking a lunch break (most people scarfed down food at 4 or even 5pm sometimes - some didn't even eat) and if you're gone for more than 30 minutes expect phone calls and text messages about where you are. The workloads are exceptionally unrealistic and everyone is treated like they are disposable. Your hard work will never be recognized and you will always be criticized - getting yelled at/interrogated for placing a piece of paper in the wrong spot or highlighting something with the wrong color is expected here.

If you work here you are guaranteed a mental breakdown because everyone is constantly yelled at and overworked (some people have stayed well past 1am or later). A "meeting" is usually half a day long because the CEO will analyze and question the smallest thing for 5 hours and then you're told you're not being efficient and need to manage your time better. I've never seen so many people quit (just about everyone) on the spot without even another job lined up.

I can't even put into words how horrific of an environment it is to work in here - you are better off working at Walmart if you want sanity or a life outside of work because this company will destroy all of that for you. It's extremely sad and unfortunate that management can't understand why they are constantly failing as a company.

Advice to Management

Do yourself a favor and sell the company to someone who actually knows how to manage it. It will NEVER succeed if you are involved. Learn some people skills and learn to have RESPECT for people. You had many loyal people who worked so hard and you are the reason you lost them. DO NOT talk bad about your employees to other employees!!! It is far from professional and you are the person responsible for creating such a toxic environment! Therapy wouldn't be a bad decision either.

"Dishonest leadership that has little regard for employees and mistreats suppliers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Triple C Designs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing about Triple C is its products. Lots of big brands will use Triple C's products. Unfortunately, the way Triple C gets its products from suppliers is shady.

Cons

If I had to summarize Triple C in one way, it would be "immoral".

Terrible People Management:
    - The owner is a workaholic (that's a euphemism) and expects everyone else to give up their personal lives for the company. You would be laughed at if you pushed back for family reasons
    - The owner steamrolls employees and has little regard for them personally OR professionally. I've never seen turnover this high, it's hard to imagine this company being sustainable
    - What's more worrisome is that the owners seem blind to the hostile working environment that they've created

Low Pay:
    - Frankly, the pay is quite low

Mistreatment of Suppliers
    - Sometimes Triple C will order greater quantities of products from its factories and isn't able to sell as much. The owners will then lie to the factories and use some small excuse to reject hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory that the factory has already made. This means the factory has invested tons of money into product that they can't sell. Highly dishonest.
    - The CEO is the one responsible and does this every season, without fail

Lying:
    - Glassdoor is a forum intended to promote greater transparency about companies, to empower employees and prospective employees. Triple C has tried to hide its internal environment by forcing employees to write five star reviews

Advice to Management

Your business is not sustainable with the way you treat people. You need to turn 180 degrees and get a new heart and a new conscience.

"On paper, it looks like a cool place to work. But in reality...beware."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Triple C Designs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are cool. That's about it. There isn't anything groundbreaking or revolutionary about the products they offer, but they're good-looking, mostly useful, and trendy. But then again, many other companies offer similar products. Phone and tablet cases and portable chargers? They're a dime a dozen.

Cons

I worked here for an extremely short period of time and it was enough time for me to realize that if I continued to work here, I would probably lose friends and my personal life would crumble. The hours are long and the compensation is not reflective of that. Every one who worked here put in the hours and didn't seem like interesting people outside of work because, well, they didn't do anything else but work.
    The owners started this business from the ground up, which is very admirable, but they have a long way to go in terms of management and people skills in general. You can ask questions and ask for help, but to an extent. This is not a good work environment if you thrive off collaboration and teamwork (the other reviewer is spot on when they wrote that everyone was out for themselves) or like to ask for feedback. You will only get feedback if you make a mistake.
    The benefits are pretty awful. While I was here, I kept worrying about what would happen if I were to get very sick or get into an accident because given the horrible health insurance and not-so-great pay, if such a catastrophe were to befall me, I'd be completely broke.

And like the other reviewer wrote, yes, it seems like all they care about is looking cool.

I'm glad I left. I would have not advanced my career as a whole if I had stayed.

Advice to Management

Your customers notice the high turnover rate and it does not reflect positively on you.

6. "Great Company That Allows Employees To Grow Professionally"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with this company has not only allowed me to grow professional but helped me gain knowledge and experience in sales, fashion, production, logistics and overall business management. Starting as an intern allowed me to learn the basic goals of the company along with learning the ins and outs of each department. I enjoyed interning for Triple C so much that, I've decided to go apply for a full time position after college. Now I am an account manager handling hundreds of accounts within my territory, traveling to various trade shows around the US, and growing every day as young professional!

Cons

Working for a small business, you must take initiative, have the drive and motivation to be able to adjust, work in a fast pace environment and be able to multitask in various areas.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Small Business with Unlimited Potential"

Current Employee - Sample and Show Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sample and Show Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company offers a fast-paced environment with hard-working, dedicated employees and managers. The incredible, innovative products account for the continuous growth and unlimited potential. I am actually surprised by the previous review as management makes an effort to address any issues brought to their attention and offers incentives for hard work. I have learned and grown so much while working alongside Triple C.

Cons

As a small business, you must be willing to make an effort and treat the company as your own.

8. "Inspiring & Enriching"

Pros

During my candidacy for a role in Triple I was very impressed by the products, the team and the CEO. On the other hand, some of the reviews in Glassdoor were so terrifying that I got concerned and uncomfortable. Eventually I decided to go with intuition, and I am actually very happy with this decision!

I've heard that there was a team of a few people back in 2014 that were trying to do anything to impact the company success. Two of them even teamed up and open a competing company attempting to solicit Triple C’s suppliers and customers. They even raised a domain “don’t work in Triple C”.

In reality, there is nothing here in Triple C that reminds these reviews. Triple C’s product must be of good quality otherwise top fashion brands would not repeat and team up with us for years. Suppliers relationship are from the best I have seen from previous jobs and I heard they last since the company started. The CEO is hard worker and let people run with things without much involvement. The environment is casual, reminding a startup environment. I don’t see that my colleagues, nor myself, are staying after normal hours and there is no any pressure for it.

This opportunity allows me to grow tremendously and learn how to come up with solutions for every possible problem.

Cons

As a startup environment, there is no clear duty delegation and the work isn't as easy.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring the right people and clarify responsibilities.

"The end is near"

Current Employee - Accounting
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is one the nicest groups of people I have ever worked with.

Cons

- There is no structure in the company. Many sit for months before getting an actual job description. Many times you are just thrown a massive workload with no prior training or guidance. In addition the CEO is one of the most disrespectful aggravating people I have ever met.

Advice to Management

- learn respect and learn how to segregate duties. A bathroom attendant will not be good with inventory forecasting yet it wouldnt surprise me if he expected her to do it.

"Horrible Experience from Day One"

I worked at Triple C Designs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None to speak of!

Cons

My experience at Triple C since day one was horrendous.

The CEO is a misogynist. He has absolutely no people skills whatsoever and is cruel to his employees. I have seen him make MANY people cry, including myself. Crying, anger, anxiety and stress is a reoccurring habit for most people at this job. You can stay at the office until 2am and you will not so much as receive a thank you. Nothing is EVER good enough for this man. I assure you of that. He started this company but will be the reason it fails miserably.

You are constantly being watched like Big Brother including the new 16 + cameras they are installing in the very small office space. Maybe they will even put one in the bathroom.

As others have mentioned on this sight, the positive reviews were pathetically written by upper management. Well played Triple C however since you can not keep an employee for very long the negative reviews will keep on coming.

I worked for this company for a mere 4-6 months and during my time I watched many people come and go. The office consists of a total of 12 people. During my time, I watched 5 people quit. I would say the average employee works there for 6-8 months. During this time, they eat, sleep and breathe Triple C. Their outside relationships are ruined as witnessed first hand with every single person. Every time someone quits they just throw the work at someone else, which is bizarre because I have witnessed at least 40 people interviewing. For such an unsuccessful company, they sure are picky!

They instill constant fear in their employees. On a daily basis my co-workers and I would ask if our jobs were secure. Why were we worried you ask? Our jobs are always posted on Craigslist. And when you approach the CEO about this topic he laughs and says he is preparing for the future.

Advice to Management

If you want respect, treat your employees with respect. "Thank you" goes a long way. Hire the appropriate amount of people for the job at hand. You are exhausting everyone and they are burning out quick. If you do not get your act together you will not survive. Remember you produce tech accessories, these are a dime a dozen and can be purchased elsewhere. There is absolutely nothing special about yours.

"Engineer"

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time

Pros

Nothing really... But if you ask management they will say they have a fridge that dispenses ice.

Cons

Unethical, disorganized, amateur company.
    They reward bad behavior so no matter how hard you work, the same employees are praised.

Advice to Management

At this point there is nothing the management can do to reverse the bad reputation this company has. Even after losing almost half of their staff in a 4-month period, they will never learn