Triple-I Reviews | Glassdoor

Perry Puccetti

1. "Great employer"

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Triple-I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty good communication from HR

Cons

Never sure which email address they would communicate through.

2. "Excellent experience interviewing for my role"

Current Employee - Director - Consulting in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Director - Consulting in Overland Park, KS

Pros

The senior leadership are all very engaged and focused on taking the company to the next level.

Cons

None to speak of at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"A Great Place To Be A Team Leader for a Government Site"

Former Employee - Site Lead in Fort Lee, VA
    Former Employee - Site Lead in Fort Lee, VA

I worked at Triple-I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a site lead for a government location and overall, I had a great experience. I really enjoy leading a team, supporting a client and achieving a goal. I was afforded the autonomy to make decisions with the client and had direct access to the Vice President, HR and the CEO. I had control over decisions that impacted the site team and was trusted to partner with the client. When hiring decisions were made, my judgement as the leader on the ground was strongly considered by the client as well as the firm. Employees who understood their role as government contractors on site appeared to have a good experience. Everyone on my team was treated fairly and consistently.

As a leader, I felt that I had much more autonomy and latitude than peers from other contracting firms on site. When it came to my team, I was able to reward performance and great ideas. For those who did not exhibit appropriate maturity, I had recourse to discipline or terminate employment. Our senior leaders visited our site and maintained relationships with the client on a quarterly basis. This helped ensure the company was appropriately prepared to support future operations and maintain a competitive edge in re-bid years.... which helped ensure my team's continued employment. I would gladly work for Triple I again.

Cons

Holidays and Leave did not always align with the client (which typically occurs in any defense contracting situation). Several employees shared that they had accepted roles or positions with Triple I to shift into government positions that required less work for more benefits. When this did not happen they frequently exhibited bitterness and had to be managed until they accepted the situation or left (again, a situation that occurs in many government contracting situations).

Advice to Management

Try to improve the screening process for interviews to ensure candidates understand the role and to identify potential opportunities for high-potential hires.

"Great People, but Not Many that want to Do Their Job"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Triple-I full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, no micro-managers. Great work/live balance especially if you have children.

Cons

Keeping people when their positions end and trying to have them perform job functions they have never performed before without any training or controls to make sure client work is completed at a certain level of quality.

Advice to Management

Replace the top 3 and get some real leadership in those positions.

"Taking a Different Approach"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Definitely a company that is focused on living up to its words. The projects are challenging and very different from the typical fare. Recent projects have been on SharePoint 2010, enterprise mobility and some really innovative approaches to responsive design. Leadership is demanding but accessible. Great support staff.

Cons

Many projects with sometimes competing priorities, so, days can be pretty fluid, not a bad thing just the environment a growing company has.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the vision and spending time with the employees. Most company VPs and CEOs don't.

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at Triple-I full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provided consultant support for more than a year and was treated very fairly. Management team actually made sure rate increases were fairly shared, not something you see very often. Overall great experience and enjoyed working with a great group of professionals.

Cons

None really. Have since moved on to another short term project, but would enjoy working for this company again.

Advice to Management

Keep treating people fairly. It may not be as profitable but will keep people coming back to work for you.

"Growing Company"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of new work in mobile apps, TFS, and with microsoft. Very experienced people. CEO is actively involved and completely accessible.

Cons

Benefits are very good, need to keep costs down.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in great talent. Keep focusing the company message,it is working!

"Professionally Rewarding"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

More than 5 years with this company and have seen them continue to evolve into a very capable organization. Increasing focus on solutions and capabilities. Very fair. Administrative staff is excellent.

Cons

Needs to better market itself, should be better known for a 40 year old company.

Advice to Management

Get out of the government business. There is no money in it.

10. "Company with a Vision"

Current Employee - QA Tester in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment. Heavy emphasis on mobility and system integration. Everything from enterprise level to smaller projects. Awesome use of TFS and SharePoint 2010.

Cons

Will challenge you technically and professionally. Not for people used to working banker's hours!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and sharing the vision! More happy hours!

"So bad here it makes Cerner and Sprint look good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Office location is good. Easy to get to from any direction. Some excellent people on staff, but they've lost some major talent over the last year.

Cons

Upper management lacks a clear understanding of how to be a solutions provider - you first need a solution or niche. Communications are by rumor mill only, staff lacks motivation. Development group project manager drives people away she's so abrasive. So bound up in process improvement and project management they lose money on fixed bids through to many meetings full of chiefs who just want to hear themselves talk. Tried to be all things for all people, now they have no true expertise and are losing customers left and right.

Advice to Management

Have Bob Spachman drop the current crop of VP's and go back to staffing before the company goes under completely. At least in staffing Triple-I still has a decent reputation in the area.