Triplefin Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gregory T. LaLonde

1. "Culture change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Triplefin (More than a year)

Pros

The People are great, the work is challenging, the daily work environment is very flexible.

Cons

The company was purchased in 2013 and the culture has changed dramatically. Many workers are unhappy, mostly those who suffered through the transition. The environment is good, but very frustrating. Management is unresponsive and develops processes that they don't follow themselves. Delivery expectations are high, fear of reprisal for not meeting deadlines is high. Workers feel overworked and unreasonable expectation of 24/7 on-call support from a very limited IT staff. Big push to contract everything out. Little attention is paid to developing trust and loyalty.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in your implementation of policies. Encourage, not discourage your people. Limit hiring contractors to do the things your IT staff can do.

"Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Triplefin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people you encounter at Triplefin are good-hearted, trustworthy and hard workers.

Cons

Senior management does not engage with its associates at a level where they know anything they do on a daily basis, and they sit in monthly manager meetings and presume things that are unfounded. I've seen evidence of this many times and with more than one manager. I also knew this from many people who had different managers, so realize it is rampant at this company. One-on-one meetings were non-existent unless initiated by me by two of the managers I had in the last three years. Other seniors I worked with canceled meetings constantly, showed up late or didn't show up at all consistently and it was permitted. I was never assigned one project from my previous manager and he had absolutely no knowledge of what I was doing and seemed to care very little about it. The corporate office senior management at H. D. Smith shows a complete lack of human decency by the way they let hard-working, talented people go.

Advice to Management

You should practice what you preach with your learning and development courses and hire senior management who will show accountability for being a coach and mentor to their associates instead of allowing them to be completely detached to what their associates are doing. Maybe that's why you're doing so poorly. Stop taking your losses out on the every day workers and take a good hard look at senior management.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Triplefin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good pay and benefits
    -Advancement opportunity
    -Great leadership

Overall, this is a great company to work for

Cons

As the company works with clients through contracts, your experience is variable based on which team you work on. Some teams have to work weekends and holidays. Others don't pay enough. Also, it's a call center. At the end of the day, you are answering the phones.

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your employees as professionals

5. "Great Opportunity and Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Triplefin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and great learning opportunity. You'll meet a lot of industry professionals that want to help you succeed. Fun interactive company-wide events. Opportunity to move up or between departments

Cons

Must be able to learn quickly

6. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I have greatly enjoyed my time at Triplefin. I have built many business relationships that I will cherish as my career advances.

Great benefits, multiple medical plan options (with company HSA contributions), dental, vision, 401k (with company match)! The wait period is only 30 days and the 1st of the month following.

Associate Relations Committee aims to plan one company event per month. This has ranged from crockpot challenges, holiday party at Dave & Buster's, costume contests, food truck visits, etc. This makes it a fun place to work.

Cons

Call center agents are brought in as temp to hire. This may mean that you may have to complete your probationary period with a staffing agency prior to a full time offer.

7. "SharePoint Administrator"

Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Remote, OR

Pros

I really liked my co-workers, my boss was easy to work with and really had very few problems. The atmosphere was very easy going which made for a great working environment.

Cons

I worked remotely so the medical benefits didn't help me very much. The pay was on the low end, but I didn't take the job for the pay as much as the experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the easy-going atmosphere.

8. "Customer Care Representative"

Current Employee - OHIO in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - OHIO in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Simple work. Very simple work. This is almost a con, really.

Cons

Not a whole lot of room for growth or promotion. I suspect I'll stay here for two years, if only to maintain reliability on my resume.

Advice to Management

n/a

"Corporate, corporate, corporate!!!"

Former Employee - Patient Reimbursement Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Patient Reimbursement Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Triplefin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job is fairly easy and quick to learn. Good trainers that will assist you in learning your position. People are very nice and personable.

Cons

If you don't like being "just a number" this company is NOT for YOU!!!! They went from being privately owned to a corporate type of facility. All they care about is production rates, statistics, and quality scores. Their client is more important than any employee they currently have or will hire.

"Miserable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Triplefin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that i can think of. I have tried really hard to come up with at least one but nothing comes to mind.

Cons

Low pay for most positions, bad management, unfair treatment of employees, high insurance costs, no tuituon reimbursement, if your not one of their favorites or a butt kisser, you can forget moving up. Occurrences last a whole year before falling off, expected to drive to work in the bad weather but you get an occurrence if your over 3 minutes late. Supervisors and management not on the same page, i could go on and on. Mirco managers who dont realize that their management style is causing good people to quit. This place is a joke and continues to get worse.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to why your losing good people and why people are walking off the job. Offer better benefits and stop playing favortism and promote people who truly deserve it.

"Poster child for 'How Not To Run A Company'"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

it was indoors. My office at Steger didn't suffer from bedbugs like the blue ash office. I had furniture from the 1980's, which was better than most.

Cons

Low pay, well below market. Lots of nepotism and favorite child style of management, those in the 'cool kids' group can never do wrong, it's a competition to see which one of them can squash as many people under their heel as possible each week. Lots of Napoleon syndrome with no support or direction. Kind of like being thrown into the pool, not knowing how to swim, and being told after you hit the water that if you don't float, you're dead. It really is the kind of place that needs to be given a hard look before accepting a job (ANY) job, or even applying or submitting a resume.

It borders on a kind of abusive relationship, they bank on being able to pull in folks that simply need a job or have low self esteem, then knocking them down day after day so they stay quiet and compliant. They don't like assertive, self assured or confident employees; that would be a challenge. This truly is an embodiment of every Dilbert and Office Space stereotype, without the humor.

Advice to Management

What do you tell a group of people that are so delusional about their 'success'? They've shut off any input that could reflect negatively, advice would be pointless as it would never be heard much less applied.

Just look at the rankings in here, written with the same quality and narcissism that the leadership prides itself upon. Very, very sad to go thru life knowing how badly you've behaved and your legacy will be one where people spit when they hear your name uttered.