Triplefin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Gregory T. LaLonde

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "An Exciting Time to be here"

I have been working at Triplefin full-time

Pros

There's not a day that goes by where there's not a real chance to make a difference and be a part of the success of the company. Most of the employees are pleasant to work with, each wanting the next to be successful. We celebrate the wins together and we learn from and minimize the losses.

Cons

There are still some processes that don't always work and the can cause unnecessary chaos. However, it is acknowledged and is looked at as an opportunity for future growth.

"Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Triplefin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people you encounter at Triplefin are good-hearted, trustworthy and hard workers.

Cons

Senior management does not engage with its associates at a level where they know anything they do on a daily basis, and they sit in monthly manager meetings and presume things that are unfounded. I've seen evidence of this many times and with more than one manager. I also knew this from many people who had different managers, so realize it is rampant at this company. One-on-one meetings were non-existent unless initiated by me by two of the managers I had in the last three years. Other seniors I worked with canceled meetings constantly, showed up late or didn't show up at all consistently and it was permitted. I was never assigned one project from my previous manager and he had absolutely no knowledge of what I was doing and seemed to care very little about it. The corporate office senior management at H. D. Smith shows a complete lack of human decency by the way they let hard-working, talented people go.

Advice to Management

You should practice what you preach with your learning and development courses and hire senior management who will show accountability for being a coach and mentor to their associates instead of allowing them to be completely detached to what their associates are doing. Maybe that's why you're doing so poorly. Stop taking your losses out on the every day workers and take a good hard look at senior management.

3. "Culture change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Triplefin (More than a year)

Pros

The People are great, the work is challenging, the daily work environment is very flexible.

Cons

The company was purchased in 2013 and the culture has changed dramatically. Many workers are unhappy, mostly those who suffered through the transition. The environment is good, but very frustrating. Management is unresponsive and develops processes that they don't follow themselves. Delivery expectations are high, fear of reprisal for not meeting deadlines is high. Workers feel overworked and unreasonable expectation of 24/7 on-call support from a very limited IT staff. Big push to contract everything out. Little attention is paid to developing trust and loyalty.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in your implementation of policies. Encourage, not discourage your people. Limit hiring contractors to do the things your IT staff can do.

4. "Leadership Lacks Understanding and Integrity"

I worked at Triplefin (More than 3 years)

Pros

It used to have a fairly flexible work environment, however, with the new leadership that has all changed.

Cons

Executive team lacks fortitude or vision, they seem unable to do anything that hasn't been done by someone else already and are unwilling to try something new or innovative that could actually differentiate them in the market space. Their account managers do a poor job of managing clients setting unrealistic expectations. In addition their PMO and QA departments are substandard when compared to enterprise solutions from competing companies.

Advice to Management

Greg LaLonde has not been in charge of Triplefin for several years. Glassdoor needs to update this information.

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Triplefin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good pay and benefits
    -Advancement opportunity
    -Great leadership

Overall, this is a great company to work for

Cons

As the company works with clients through contracts, your experience is variable based on which team you work on. Some teams have to work weekends and holidays. Others don't pay enough. Also, it's a call center. At the end of the day, you are answering the phones.

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your employees as professionals

6. "Great Company to Work For!"

Pros

Great starting pay, great management, business casual environment, very flexible schedule, great benefits. Overall, just a really great company to work for!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons to name. The only slight con is that the company is open 24/7/365, so you may need to work some weekends and/or holidays.

Advice to Management

Nothing to add here, really. Management is great! They have an open door policy, really listen to any and all concerns and act when necessary.

7. "Great Opportunity and Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Triplefin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and great learning opportunity. You'll meet a lot of industry professionals that want to help you succeed. Fun interactive company-wide events. Opportunity to move up or between departments

Cons

Must be able to learn quickly

8. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I have greatly enjoyed my time at Triplefin. I have built many business relationships that I will cherish as my career advances.

Great benefits, multiple medical plan options (with company HSA contributions), dental, vision, 401k (with company match)! The wait period is only 30 days and the 1st of the month following.

Associate Relations Committee aims to plan one company event per month. This has ranged from crockpot challenges, holiday party at Dave & Buster's, costume contests, food truck visits, etc. This makes it a fun place to work.

Cons

Call center agents are brought in as temp to hire. This may mean that you may have to complete your probationary period with a staffing agency prior to a full time offer.

"Coordinator"

Pros

Nice environment, decent communication within departments

Cons

Useless stress, poor senior management, no growth

10. "SharePoint Administrator"

Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Remote, OR

Pros

I really liked my co-workers, my boss was easy to work with and really had very few problems. The atmosphere was very easy going which made for a great working environment.

Cons

I worked remotely so the medical benefits didn't help me very much. The pay was on the low end, but I didn't take the job for the pay as much as the experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the easy-going atmosphere.