Tripp Lite Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2020

3.6
Tripp Lite President Glen Haeflinger  (no image)
Glen Haeflinger
Pros
  • "The work environment is casual, but make no mistake - the work requirements are not casual at all(in 9 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is as good as it gets(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "401K match (or lack thereof) could be improved(in 11 reviews)

• "Little movement in mid-upper management makes it hard to grow with the company and creates very high turnover in entry positions(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tripp Lite is building a great collaborative culture and the entire executive team has an open door policy. The strength of this company is it's employees.

Cons

401K and more flexible work from home hours would be nice

2. "Overall"

Former Employee - Administrative Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company outings, lot of room for improvement and movement. Lot of managers work closely with their employees.

Cons

Not many. The pay is decently fair but could be more.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere Casual environment Great place to build/start a career Good benefits package for the most part Good starting compensation

Cons

No tuition reimbursement Limits to raises unfortunately can drive those in certain job markets/positions to leave if there's not much room for growth in their department.

Continue reading

"Culture is pleasant but the pay could be better"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company likes feeding it's employees. There are a few company outings, beer Fridays and we're off for all major holidays. They have health screenings, occasional tickets to the symphony and discounted pricing for sports events.

Cons

Not enough money and PTO. Management has an old method of doing business. The chain of command is redundant and managers communicate poorly. Sales reps are rude and pushy.

"Anonymous"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people. Some upper management leaders are interested in the growth of the company and it’s people.

Cons

No room for growth. Almost 90 % of the company is elderly LOTS of paper Unnecessary systems and drama You have to make it in with certain people, or else any work you do is ignored.

6. "It’s been good so far"

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Autonomy Laid back

Cons

Still run like a mom&pop company A lot of paper pushing Does not budget More than 50% of the staff is elderly

Continue reading

"Management is hard to work with"

2.0
    Former Employee - AP Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No one micromanages you.

Cons

Limited resources to help you succeed.

8. "A great company with vision and stability"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

Privately owned - family atmosphere with great and knowledgeable co-workers. Open to new ideas. A positive culture change is going on with upper leadership which is trickling down. The company is agile and thinks outside the box.

Cons

Sales incentive/commission program could use some improvement.

Continue reading
  9. "Great place to work and have your ideas create change."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your ideas can create change. Private company - Family feel Well respected company Industry leader

Cons

Bases salaries are not overly competitive.

Continue reading
  10. "You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like most things in life, you only get out what you put in. Tripp Lite gives you all the on-the-job training, support, and direction needed to start or continue a successful career for one of Chicago's largest privately held companies. One of the best ways to know employee satisfaction with a company is tenure. Tripp Lite has multiple employees who have been there 30, 35, 45+ years (there is a running joke that anyone under 10 years tenure is still considered a 'newbie'). <br> When I first started at Tripp Lite I was immediately treated like a member of my team. My manager has given me all the tools necessary to tackle the steep learning curve required to be an SME in over 4500 different products while also giving me the leeway to discover my own unique voice. I have a great relationship with many of my coworkers who have become friends outside of work. <br> In the relatively short time I've been at Tripp Lite, I have been trusted with more & more responsibilities which has led to opportunities for career development and growth. Work life balance is amazing; when you are there you will be expected to work your tail off (we have consistent year-over-year growth for a reason) but as soon as you walk out those doors you aren't expected to even think about work until the next business day. <br> Tripp Lite has some issues like every company does, but if you are willing to put in the work and genuinely care about your role at the company there is no limit to how far you can go.

Cons

*401K match (or lack thereof) could be improved * Too much red tape for approvals on internal processes which can negatively affect business * Still a high reliance on paper-based processes. We need to move fully forward into the digital landscape

Found 98 reviews