Tripp Lite Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2019

Found 95 reviews

3.3
Glen Haeflinger
  1. "Great place to work!!"

I have been working at Tripp Lite for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent atmosphere, benefits and so much more. A great place to build a career with opportunities to work your way up the ladder.

Cons

N - O - N - E!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Tripp Lite2016-08-22

"Great work/life balance"

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

Cares about employees Lots of employee incentives Not the kind of job you take home with you Mostly laid back atmosphere Owner and President take care of employees

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities Old school mentality across the board Inter-office communications - there are too many obstacles to overcome in order to complete some pretty basic tasks - mainly expenses and anything trade show related

Advice to Management

First, be open to change. Then, actually implement change. There is some great talent at the company and including some young blood in decision-making processes could be quite beneficial.

Tripp Lite2015-09-30
  3. "GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!"

I have been working at Tripp Lite

Pros

Always room to advance. Great incentives (BONUSES, company pays for outside class associated with the company growth, awesome picnics & Christmas parties . . . etc.)

Cons

Not enough vacation time for long time employees.

Advice to Management

Great job, keep up the work!

Tripp Lite2015-04-15

"Tripp Lite offers a challenging yet not too high stress environment where your work is valued."

I have been working at Tripp Lite for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company benefits. Management takes pride in the success of the company and shares this with all employees, from the warehouse worker to the executive. This success is rewarded with a year end bonus, Christmas party, summer picnic and fun company activities throughout the year. Employees are recognized.

Cons

Should off a better time off policy

Advice to Management

Move to a time off policy that rewards the employees who don't take sick time. Rather than vacation and sick. Just offer discretionary time. This would allow all employees the same time off each year. The employee would have to manage their time off and use what they have for vacation, sick or personal time. Current policy encourages some employees to call off even if they aren't sick in order to gain additional time...

Tripp Lite2015-04-15
  5. "My experience at Tripp has been unforgettable. I have learned so much in 15 yrs."

Current Employee - Costing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Tripp Lite offers the opportunity for growth to its employees who are dedicated and work hard. In 15 years, I have been promoted several times.

Cons

I have seen no downsides to working at Tripp Lite. In 15 years, I have enjoyed my time at Tripp. I only wish I have many more years.

Advice to Management

To Tripp Management, my advice is continue exactly what they are currently doing. The owner, Mr. Seid, embodies all the great qualities of an exceptional owner that values it's employees and shows them his gratitude.

Tripp Lite2015-04-14
  6. "Always enjoying the continuous growth, learning and support!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers are always supportive and enjoyable. Always opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

My commute in my first 4 years with Tripp Lite added a lot of miles to my car, but is always worth it.

Advice to Management

I hope to continue enjoying working at Tripp Lite for many more years to come. Keep up the good work!

Tripp Lite2015-04-14

"“Given the chance to grow and thrive and I did just that! ”"

Current Employee - International Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The environment is relaxed yet professional. No idea is a bad one and creativity is welcomed. Casual attire and start times, relaxed management style and location are a plus. Free Parking, shuttle service and Great health insurance, cheaper than anyone I know!

Cons

The company would benefit from more structure and an emphasis on efficiency. Vacation time could be more generous. A long term plan, clearly communicated to the troops would help with morale.

Advice to Management

Share goals and expectations with department heads. If your desire is to keep headcount low, improve systems and processes to support the existing staff and business. Offer professional development programs focused on improving management skills and employee growth.

Tripp Lite2015-01-12

"Great private company"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are plenty of perks at this company. Great work environment including casual attire and benefit packages that offer options for everyone (single, spouse, family). They are extremely fair with work-life balances, including maternity leave, medical leave and personal leave. Also lots of fun events like beer Fridays, company sponsored holiday lunches, company picnic with activities, food & awards. Holiday party at...

Cons

I really have none, I actually enjoy coming to work.

Advice to Management

I've worked here for almost 15 years at 3 different positions and every manager I had was fair and balanced when it came to compensation, time-off policies and work-life balances. They also have an excellent Human Resources staff that works with you and treats you fairly, not as a number but as a person and valued employee. I've recommended Tripp Lite to many friends and family and happy to say that 4 out of 5 of those...

Tripp Lite2015-01-09
  9. "Sees Potential in it's People and Values Employees!"

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

Tripp Lite has been the best career move I've ever made. Tripp Lite sees it's employees as people, not just as cogs in the machine. I have never felt more valued in the work place. Office culture is laid back, but the people are sharp and professional. The company is stable and growing.

Cons

Tripp Lite may be lack luster, in appearance, but they put emphasis where it counts- not in aesthetics.

Advice to Management

More flexibility with vacation/personal time is my only suggestion!

Tripp Lite2014-08-21
  10. "Given the chance to grow and thrive and I did just that!"

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The environment is relaxed yet professional. No idea is a bad one and creativity is welcomed. Casual attire and start times, relaxed management style and location are a plus. Great health insurance, cheaper than anyone I know!

Tripp Lite2014-05-23