Tripp Lite Reviews | Glassdoor

Glen Haeflinger

"service coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, causal clothing, relaxed work environment

Cons

no room to move up, nepotism, low pay

Tripp Lite2015-08-20

Tripp Lite Response

August 31, 2015Recruiter

Thanks for taking a moment to give us your thoughts. As a policy, Tripp Lite's first priority is to fill open positions with the best possible candidates- often from within. We have many, employees who have advanced their careers as a result of this. Along that line we encourage ...

2. "Work your way up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Right away, I enjoyed the positive attitude about 90% of the employees display- open, friendly, positive. It was a nice office to walk into every day. The benefits and bonuses are good but be prepared to work hard, everyone pulls their weight. The salary is pretty much standard and there is a nice bonus structure in place, even for non-sales employees. Management is kind and communicative. There is plenty of training...

Cons

Once you work your way up, your opportunities pretty much end. There are no managers, only director level & above and then the workers. The micro-management (daily log sheets) is a little overwhelming and takes up valuable work time. No special privileges like work from home.

Advice to Management

Allow good workers to keep advancing if you want them to stay. Be a little more lenient on work times, stop excessive micro-managing.

Tripp Lite2015-08-14

Tripp Lite Response

August 17, 2015Recruiter

Thank you for your review. It resonated with me as quite accurate. We do strive to maintain a friendly, collegial atmosphere, while still working hard and pushing for success. We are generally a tightly managed organization and feel comfortable that our level of management knowledge ...

"Territory Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, solid product portfolio, very good benefits. The company has been around for over 90 years, so don't worry about stability. Products are competitively priced and the brand is well known.

Cons

Executive management can be dogmatic, don't expect to make any changes... to anything. Salary is good if you live in the cheaper areas of the country. However, if you don't, it could be difficult to pay the bills.

Advice to Management

Consider making some changes on how you go to market in certain geographies.

Tripp Lite2015-08-04
  4. "Pros and Cons"

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

It's a nice relaxed work environment with good people. The benefits are good and the company does a great job of fostering a 'family-oriented' environment with many events and team-building activities. There is a lot of opportunity to gain skills and experience without being pigeon-holed into repetitive tasks.

Cons

The pay is relatively low and the set-up of the work is disorganized.

Advice to Management

More structure within departments.

Tripp Lite2015-07-31
  5. "Decent Company"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, solid compensation, family owned company

Cons

Arcane attitudes in some areas, Somewhat disorganized

Advice to Management

A more cohesive approach and training program would improve sales results.

Tripp Lite2015-05-29
  6. "A great place to develop your career. Friendly people, supportive environment and financially stable."

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Room to grow within the company. Flexible work attire Sales growth even in a weak economy

Cons

401K matching program needs improvement

Tripp Lite2015-01-07

"Good to their Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about their employees and often sponsor events. The people are fun and laid back. Christmas Party and Summer picnic.

Cons

There is lack of organization and communication across departments. It can take a VERY long time to get help from anyone not in your bay. Also, it's a complete cubicle farm--only half cubicles, and there are no windows except by the front desk and kitchen. All of the walls are white with florescent lighting--it feels very commercial and uninviting.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Allow us to communicate with other departments to get things done faster.

Tripp Lite2014-07-15
  8. "Here today, here tomorrow"

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a financially stable company. They make big decisions carefully and get them right. No layoffs in my time here. The casual atmosphere can obscure the high energy work ethic I see around me. They give ALL employees serious cash bonuses for milestone sales achievements like biggest month, biggest quarter, biggest year. Most quality employees who come here stay along time.

Cons

With stability can come staleness or lack of innovation, but they have enough good young heads in key positions to keep things moving forward. Career paths could be better defined.

Advice to Management

Initiate more job trainings and formal career advancement programs and having done so educate the employees on their best path to advancement. Think long term.

Tripp Lite2014-06-24
  9. "Great people to work for and with."

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Old school, strong work ethic corporate wide with very smart and creative employees. Flexible and accommodating to employee's family needs. Good salaries and benefits. Lots of room to learn and grow. Strong revenue growth. Lot's of tenured people who seem to find a good home/work value.

Cons

Don't be shy, management will listen if you are professional and vocal.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees. Add more feedback tools for all employees to continue to build a great environment.

Tripp Lite2014-05-21
  10. "Great, laid-back company to work for"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice work environment, co-workers are very friendly and helpful, growth and other job opportunities are not abundant but available. They also give quarterly bonuses (depending on the job) and they give monthly bonuses if sales goals are met. Overall, nice place to work.

Cons

There aren't many bad things I can think of. Sometimes upper management delays things like bonuses and employee reviews, but just stay on top of it and it will get done.

Tripp Lite2013-10-04