Tris Pharma Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Tris Pharma President & CEO Ketan Mehta
Ketan Mehta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Tremendous learning experience and opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I have been working at Tris Pharma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibilities given at early tenure and high visibility to senior management (have presented to C-suite frequently). Company is moving fast so there are lots of opportunities to grow in your role. Management very passionate about growing the business.

Cons

Growing pains of smaller company trying to get bigger, some bad employees that can hurt culture, lots of diversity (which is good but can also lead to cliques)

Advice to Management

Perception is reality.

2. "Not a company anyone would want to work for."

I have been working at Tris Pharma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job for now, until you find something better.

Cons

Poor company moral. Hardly any employee recognition. Very high turnover rate.

"Let's Try and be a Little Realistic Please?"

Former Employee - Manager in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Dayton, NJ

I worked at Tris Pharma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mentally strengths you, so if you find yourself in a POW camp at some point - it will seem like a vacation...

Cons

I'm going to provide you with a realistic review of working at Tris Pharma, complete with actual facts (you know, those little pieces of knowledge that Tris fails to admit exist - like a Trump tax return). I served out my 3 year sentence and was finally released for early when the brainwashing and verbal beatings just stopped working. I don't know that I can describe in words what it is like to work for Tris, I would say it is something that needs to be experienced, but that's like saying one needs to experience drowning or burning alive. Sometimes you just have to believe its going to be unpleasant. Reading the past reviews, it is clear that the company has paid to have the positives ones written or more in line with Tris policy - forced employees to come to work on a federal holiday and write them for free. I do agree with the most recent review. This brings me to my first fact - turnover. Can you think of any other company that has a 90% plus turnover in management? and I'm talking senior management. These are successful people that have moved up the ranks at prestigious companies, some multiple billion dollar global organizations. For some reason, they just can't seem to or want to stay employed at Tris. Just so you don't think I'm making this up, here is just a partial list of the people who have come and gone at Tris over the last few years:

Chief Scientific Officer
    VP of Operations (3)
    VP of Quality (1)
    VP of Quality (2)
    Chief Business Officer
    Manager of Operations (1)
    Manager of Operations (2)
    Manager of Operations (3)
    Director of Quality Assurance
    Sr Manager of Compliance
    Sr Manager of Quality Control
    Supervisor Quality Control
    Supervisor Quality Control (2)
    VP of R&D (1)
    VP of Sales
    VP Business Develpment
    Director of IT
    Manager of IT

More operators, scientists, chemists, quality inspectors than I could possibly count.

Now this is not a comprehensive list, but I can assure you it is factual. Can you think of any other organization in the world that can turnover this number of management positions in 4 years and still be successful? Keep in mind the company only had 50 - 200 total people during this time. Of course you can't. It isn't possible and that's why Tris isn't successful anymore either.

Fact #2 - Sure things at Tris were going well for a while and the owner made a ton of money (fact #3 - check out the $10 million condo he bought last year in Miami, all while telling the employees that there is no money for raises or bonuses (again). Fact #4 - Take a look at Tris' partner Vernallis' stock. Went from $25 to $18 because of the poor FDA inspection Tris just had and an FDA letter they received, where their product was not approved. This comes as no surprise when you have an owner that is just about getting product out the door rather than assuring it is quality product. Hence all the recent recalls.

Fact #5, #6, #7 - We have all seen foreign companies like this before and they always get what's coming to them. Tris is at that point. Tris is now in trouble with the FDA, its partners are not happy with them and will start leaving. The sales forces can't seem to get anything done and how can they with the shoe string budget they are given. Hard to sell $200 a bottle pills when you have to take customers to Bob's Big Boy for dinner. The worse employees will remain, the good ones have left or will leave. Talk to others in the pharmaceutical industry, they all know Tris and the CEO. Its like a red badge of courage to have put your time in and learned what not to do and how not to run a company. Soon they will have only the most incompetent people remaining and that will be the final straw in this long drawn out tragedy.... RIP

Advice to Management

Give up. Leave behind the last few that can't get jobs anywhere else. Write a book detailing your experiences, maybe it will get you a seat in congress like Macain. Learn this key phrase: yes master, right away master.

"Run... don't walk away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at Tris Pharma full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with a good group of colleagues we had each others back and we respected one another.

Cons

Everything about the CEO, Management and Atmosphere makes it the worst place to work at. CEO favoritism is ridiculous only to get back stab in the back, they eventually leave...so deserving. The person he favors the most is supply chain women who is identical as him, a horrible human being and a morally despicable person.

Advice to Management

Management do not follow the CEO. I know it is a survival mechanism or order to keep your job. If you are a responsible manager, mentor and help your employee to improve your out of there. According to the CEO why should you care about them.

"Stupid Company part DEUX"

I worked at Tris Pharma full-time

Pros

Not sure who is writing those positive reviews (is the CEO paying people to write LIES to boost his abysmal ratings?) but I assure you it’s no one who has ever worked at that place! Picture being sent to hell and being tortured by Satan for all eternity. Now picture that being a step up compared to working at Tris and you are barely scratching the surface.

The place is always filthy dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting! There are cleaner bathrooms at most NJ truck stops. If you like being paid the worst wages, receiving the worst benefits, and abused all day by management, then this place is for you! They have the largest H1 Visa slave labor in NJ. These folks work ridiculous hours, weekends, and holidays but are never compensated. Why? Because they can get away with it. Maybe Trump can help get some of these poor bastards back home.

I am still not sure how this place has not been shut down by the FDA? They are the Enron of Pharma! Wait that’s insulting to Enron. They are the Bin Laden of Pharma!

Cons

The entire place is a one con after the other. I am speaking from experience and do not wish this horrific dungeon of doom on my worst enemy. If they call you, hang up and change your number. Stay clear of this place at all costs. SERIOUSLY DON'T DO IT!!!!

They will tell you what ever you need to hear but in the end, all you will be is just another one of their victims. The company has a higher turnover than the Fast-food industry.

The lure most of their victims (aka; employees) with promises of a great position, great company, and great potential. What you get is a great disappointment. I had several friends who left before me for lesser wages who are so much better off than they ever were at this place.

It’s dysfunctional beyond compare! HR is worthless. They basically do whatever the CEO tells them, even if illegal. The morale in the place is that which you would find at most funerals or abortion clinics. Yes, it’s that bad!!!

I would say try it and see for yourself but it would be like asking someone to try out lung Cancer and see how you feel.

If you are thinking of applying to this place or are entertaining a job offer, DO NOT! You will wish you never did very quickly!. Here is a list of better jobs you can apply for: Armpit sniffer, Crime-scene cleaner, Crocodile trainer, Pet food taster, Sewer diver, Road kill Collector, or Portable Toilet Cleaner!

The Management team is a joke. Incompetent rats in an endless maze with no future. They either do the CEO’s bidding or there are quickly ushered out. The CEO is a total Sociopath!! Every word out of his mouth is lie which is followed up by another lie! He is deceitful, as indicated by his repeated lying and conning others for personal profit. He is Impulsive and cannot ever plan ahead. If he does, rest assured, it’s a lie. He is consistently fighting with his team over the dumbest issues just to sound important. He is reckless has total disregard for the safety of others. There is ZERO quality at that place!!! If you are thinking of taking their medication, you may already be on medication!

The CEO is consistently irresponsible, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations. I cannot tell you how many times I got called by our vendors that he did not pay. It’s an embarrassment but not for him. He has no shame. He lacks complete remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from others. And folks those are his good qualities!

The CEO is one of the main reason as to why the place is a failure and will never succeed!

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AND NEVER LOOK BACK!

Advice to Management

What management? They are cronies!!

Its a den of back stabbing incompetent thieves who are led by a roly-poly butterball lunatic.

Management team... If you want to find the source of your problems at that company. It's simple. Go to the bathroom. In there you will find a sink. Above the sink you will find a shiny square or circular object handing about a foot and a half above. Whatever is looking back at you in those objects is the problem. Get rid of that.... PROBLEM SOLVED!

6. "Growing pains"

I have been working at Tris Pharma full-time

Pros

The people. There are many great people here who will take time out of their day to help their coworkers out, even on personal issues. While benefits are still nowhere near great, things are gradually changing for the better.

Cons

The organization. There is very little organization due to the lack of communication and transparency at the company. Due to the pace of the company, there is not much time to understand what people outside your department do and the challenges that they must overcome to meet the spontaneous deadlines set up by management. Also, there isn't much opportunity for professional development.

Advice to Management

Invest in people or they'll simply rotate out within a year or two.

7. "Scientist"

I have been working at Tris Pharma full-time

Pros

The company has a good work culture of professionalism. Managers take a lot of effort in training their team members and the company pay is decent.

Cons

The most prominent downside would be that the company does not have much products coming down its pipeline and relies a lot on its current products to sustain. Projects are hard to come by and a lot of time is spent dwelling on issues which should not be of any significance

Advice to Management

Please try and take the employee surveys seriously. A lot of people write a number of good suggestions which can help make some significant improvements in the company.

8. "Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Tris Pharma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

culture, small company, good product

Cons

lack of company organization

9. "Chemist"

I worked at Tris Pharma full-time

Pros

Good place to learn about suspension and liquid dosage of the drug.

Cons

So much work and stress.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee rather rely on Supervisor or management.

10. "Entry level"

Pros

None at this job. Don't work here. Look elsewhere for a better opportunity.

Cons

Getting kids addicted to drugs too young.