Trisept Solutions Reviews in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Ische

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Trisept Solutions is comprised of a vast number of very intelligent and talented individuals that have been gainfully employed by the company for long tenures.

Trisept Solutions invests a significant amount of capital each year to ensure our technology is cutting edge and innovative.

The subject matter of the projects worked on are interesting and captivating, as it generally pertains to software or technology for the travel industry.

Well defined and documented SDLC processes.

I work for a very open and honest executive within the company, who supports our personal growth, creativity, and independence.

No shortage of incoming project work.

I enjoy the projects I work on, the new challenges each day, the project teams I work with, and the flexibility of being able to work a schedule that meets the needs of my personal life.

Cons

At an executive level, more focus on executing to the overall long term vision of where the company needs to be and how to achieve the goals and objectives set forth. As a company, we tend to get caught up in the day-to-day, and not focus on the big picture. Better communication and prioritization of projects and how those projects align to the objectives needed to achieve the vision.

Being able to find qualified candidates to fill all the open positions available.

Advice to Management

My advice is actually to any perspective candidate using Glass Door as a tool for perspective employment, as I’ve read a number of negative or scathing reviews about our company. No matter what company you work for, you are going to have individuals who don’t pull their own weight, operate in a silo, aren’t a team player, or are negative no matter what the situation may be. These individuals tend to weed themselves out over time. Some of the individuals who have posted on Glass Door are probably those same individuals.

I started at the entry level a long time ago. Through the years, I have been challenged with new opportunities through promotions and internal transfers to expand my personal development. I enjoy what I do, and each day in my position within Trisept Solutions. This really is a great place to work for, and leadership is deeply invested in our wellness. Over the years, we’ve had over a dozen individuals leave for other opportunities but have ultimately decided to return to Trisept Solutions. Bill Sr. says it best that the greatest asset of this company is its people.

May 16, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post such thoughtful and constructive feedback. I may have to give you my login so you can respond to the postings as you've done a far better job than I. I ... More

2. "Trisept could be much more"

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time

Pros

Trisept is full of talented, smart people. Many very friendly. Schedule flexibility is wonderful and now we have the ability to work from home a couple days a week. LME as a whole has a great focus on health and wellness. The members of my team are hard workers and dedicated to producing a quality product.

Cons

There are limited professional development opportunities so I feel like I haven't learned anything new in a while. I don't really have the opportunity to apply my education and skills to my job--which is what I was hired for. Working in a professional position, I expected more collaboration and more value placed on my ideas and suggestions. I wish my team worked more cohesively together and provided better support and service to our customers.

"Perspectives of a long time employee"

Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

If you are a developer, BA, or PM it's a great place to work. Developers get a foosball table, XBOX, and large TV and get to play at work. Friendly coworkers.

Cons

The IT department (engineering and operations) is not a great place to work. From upper management, years of risk aversion, poor leadership, and ludicrous expectations has lead to very unhappy employees. Lots of favoritism: policies are enforced based on how much they like you. One employee is allowed to work from home when an identical employee is not. Expect to be chewed out and then thrown under the bus if anything bad happens. Raises are less than the industry standard and mgmt looks for excuses to hold them back. Promotions are gone since upper mgmt wants no leads or lower managers anymore Benefits aren't that good, high deductibles for insurance and no profit sharing. No WiFi for your personal cell phone. No company email on your personal cell phone unless you are a VP or higher (and yes this written in in 2016). No laptops unless you are a director or better. Carpeted walls call back to the 70's. HVAC doesn't work properly, some rooms are 80 and others 60.

Advice to Management

HR and management need to realize that it's not one bad seed in IT looking to stir up trouble. HR needs to make sure all VPs are enforcing policies fairly. Realistic expectations need to be had, no IT system can be up 100% of the time. IT staff need to be better valued. I would do individual meetings with HR and everyone in IT and learn about people's concerns.

I would add a gym to the building, lots of people are asking. Turn on WiFi and cell phone email access for everyone. I would also replace the carpeting and fix the air conditioning.

Jun 1, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

I really have to wonder why a long time employee who has a number of ideas of how things should be run at the company would take his/her issues to a public review site in order to raise issues to HR ... More

"Very Content"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I don't have any issues working for Trisept, I have been here for over 16 years and although it can be stressful at times, I like the pace. I like my VP, my Director and my Manager. We try to have little luncheons every now and then to get everyone involved.
    My job allows me flexibility to take an hour off when I feel I need it. I love all the vacations I have taken and look forward to more.

Cons

I think we could use one more full time employee, but I am not complaining..

May 16, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hi and thank you for taking the time to provide your review. It's so important not only for us as HR/management to read the reviews, but it's so helpful for our potential team members. Thank you for ... More

"Sad state of affairs"

Current Employee - ASP in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - ASP in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bill Sr. is probably the coolest executive in the world, very down to earth kind of fellow. Lots of folks stay here because of loyalty to him. Free parking, good location near freeway and in safe neighborhood. Occasionally good travel deals. Most of us peons genuinely care about our work and my coworkers are awesome. I can attest that a lot of money is spent on making our datacenters amazing, top tier network and server products are bought. I think the desktops and laptops are high end too.

Cons

There is no respect for employees. A long time employee recently resigned and was literally kicked out of the building after his exit interview even though he still had stuff at his desk and wanted to say good bye. He spent considerable effort with us and lower management ensuring a smooth transition. Seriously, what kind of hell hole treats employees like criminals? How about a 10 year veteran engineer who wanted to work from home but was not allowed, even though others are allowed to. And this is a supposed "technology" company...LOL. There is such a toxic atmosphere of distrust in our department that everyone is afraid to even do their job. One wrong move and you are written up...and then you get no raise that year. Must be how they keep labor costs low. Management is always looking for someone to throw under the bus. Upper management will come over to your cube and SCREAM AT YOU in front of everyone if any mistake is make. Seriously, worse than being in the army. Lower management has been emasculated and can't make any decisions anymore. Draconian lunch policies have been implemented, requiring us to work late. Stuff like this makes us all want to look for new jobs. Nepotism runs high in the upper echelons but woe betide anyone who is not VP or above: anybody related to you will be summarily rejected even if they apply to a completely different department. HR has way too much control over IT, why does HR approve IT related projects? I've worked at 10+ companies and never saw anything like this. Wellness program is a joke too, all my friends and spouse's company provide either cash incentives or an on-premises gym. Half of the building is empty, would it hurt to spend some of those record profits management brags about on your team? The 8907 building is retro and not in a good way, the 70's interior needs to be renovated.

Advice to Management

It pains me to write this but I feel the need to say something after 5 years of being here. You had something special but over the past 2-3 years this has turned from one of the best jobs I've ever had into a living nightmare. You've lost 2 people in a month and at least half of us are actively looking for new jobs including your management team. I would start with interviewing everyone on the 2nd floor and get honest feedback about how bad the mismanagement is. You'll probably be shocked and applauded. Time is of the essence, you may still be able to save some of us but a few are so burnt out I doubt you can help.

May 5, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello, I appreciate the opportunity to respond. It's always nice to hear the high esteem held for my father. I couldn't agree more. That's why it is rather disheartening that you chose to disparage ... More

"One of the better Milwaukee tech companies"

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time

Pros

The owner of the entire company cares about it's people first and foremost. Almost every decision made had the employees in mind, and they almost never will pick the choice that will affect the employees negatively. You are allow to grow your skills, and asking for assistance from other co-workers is the norm and encouraged.

Cons

There are days where workloads can be heavy and deadlines are almost unrealistic. It would be beneficial if the company allowed some projects to push to make sure we put out the very best product, instead of just meeting a deadline.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding the teams to help alleviate the workload on certain teams. Allow some deadlines to be pushed.

May 16, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We really appreciate the constructive and detailed perspective you provided. it is certainly true we have a great deal of work ... More

"Small company feel with large company benefits"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment overall is relaxed and open - everyone in the company is willing to help out whenever I ask and people want to see me succeed. Work/life balance is good. Hours are very flexible as long as you don't disrupt business and you get your work done. The work is also challenging and interesting - there's always more to learn and you're given almost free reign to do that; as long as you put in the effort.

Cons

Work can get stressful sometimes with short deadlines and changing priorities.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and looking for ways to grow the company.

Apr 13, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for reviewing! We couldn't agree more with your statement - "People want to see me succeed." We're also glad you recognize that there are endless learning opportunities at Trisept. Thanks for ... More

"Great Mid-Sized Leading Travel Technology Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sophisticated software design makes for a great technology challenge, It feels great to see that my work directly contributes to the success of the company. Great team of people to work with who are highly professional and share high level of expectation and commitment. Company values work life balance and has great vacation policy.

Cons

Work some time comes in spikes (I guess that is normal everywhere). Company doesn't have a work from home policy. Office environment is clean and comfortable but kind of plain.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business so even more can be invest even more so that we keep beating our competition. Appreciate the company's focus on wellness.

Apr 13, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about working at Trisept Solutions! We are glad you see your role in the End-to-End Experience and enjoy the team you work with. We appreciate your adaptability ... More

"The most dysfunctional company for which I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looking back, I can't think of anything.

Cons

Was promised great travel perks. Never happened. Great work environment? Nope. Management throws people under the bus in a heartbeat.

Advice to Management

Tell Bill Jr. to stop flaunting his wealth, and harming employees with his pettiness.

Nov 11, 2014 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello, we always encourage our team to provide feedback. We strive to create an atmosphere to hear the good, the bad, or the ugly while our employees are with us so we can act upon it right away. It ... More

11. "Not a bad place to start out of college but don't stay too long"

Former Employee - Web Producer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Web Producer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Young people, fun and laid back atmosphere

Cons

Lack of career growth, easy to get pigeon holed into one expertise.

Advice to Management

Allow the ability to expand knowledge of current trends