Trisept Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
John Ische

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Benefits and Friendly Workforce"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits package
    Ample parking
    Close to restaurants
    Forward thinking technology wise
    Decent IT equipment

Cons

Security team is a bit overkill. No free WiFi for cell phones is a buzz kill. Why not put it on its own segment fire-walled off from the rest of the company's assets and just give filtered access to the Internet?

HVAC system could use a overhaul. Parts of the building are ice cold and other parts are roasting hot.

Advice to Management

Anyone that uses the word "microagression" in a complaint or online review can be safely be ignored. Time to put on your big boy/girl pants and get over it already.

Security needs to be balanced with usability. Might be time to reign them in a bit.

2. "Great company to work with!"

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, excellent benefits, challenging work, physical/nutritional/emotional/mental wellness is highly valued, good work/life balance, management is easy to talk to and genuinely cares about the employees, room for advancement and growth, overall friendly atmosphere.
    Trisept has the closeness of a small, close-knit company with the benefits of a larger company - truly feels like the best of both worlds. A large portion of the employees have been here for 5+ years, which to me says a lot about how happy the employees are. It's a great company, and I plan on being here for many years to come.

Cons

Temperature control in the building can be hard to get used to at times - sometimes it's uncomfortable warm, sometimes it's uncomfortably cold. But with a sweater to put on or take off, this is not that big of a deal.

3. "Company Environment"

Current Employee - Engagement in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Engagement in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard-working and professional environment. Co-workers are friendly and treat everyone fairly. Management is very motivated and always looking out for their employees' best interests. Company mission and goals are clearly defined and attainable. Great work-life balance and extremely involved in their community. The overall atmosphere is stress-free and everyone's unique abilities are valued which makes this company an incredible place to work! I have learned so much and continue to take on new and exciting projects that contribute greatly to my team.

Cons

No cons - nothing but a positive experience working here!

"Lacking in Diversity, Predicting that Burnout Will Be High"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Casual dress code
    - Hours are great
    - Coworkers in same level positions are great

Cons

As a recent hire of this company (1 year or less), I found that my group really doesn't want to utilize the skills and abilities I have to offer. As a minority working for the company, I've been discriminated against and laughed at which I brought over to HR (non formal complaint). The types of micro-aggression that goes on in our team, is not the one that you can point out exactly and say it's racist. It's the subtle comments, jokes, and gestures that make you come to work feeling less of a human being and feeling incompetent of succeeding. The CEO is amazing, but wished he knew about what the work culture was like. I am unable to speak for all the teams at Trisept Solutions, but from how the leaders that I have come into contact with act, it really makes the company look bad. From my experience these past weeks, I can see there is no training on cultural sensitivity or microaggressions, and so far, I've been unable to perform at my best because of it. I have kept a journal of all the microaggressions that took place while working here for the last couple of weeks, and to date i have over 20 records where I've experienced it. There has been a time when I had to work on the same task for 2 weeks because my manager and trainer have little interest in my success. At the end of the 2 weeks when they FINALLY sat down and looked at it, it turned out to be the exact thing I told them 1 week into the task. In contrast, my other coworker has been able to successfully complete many tasks and have been assigned more tasks because they are more focused on her success and does not give her a hard time. I won't get into the details of everything that happened, but I 100% do not see myself succeeding with these leaders who pick and choose who they want to succeed. You can only go as far as doors will open for you, and for me, being a minority, my leaders have closed all doors on me since the start of my first day. Why did they hire me? Maybe they want to portray themselves as a diverse team or company. I can go on and on about the many things that make me come to work stressed and unable to perform, but I won't. I've given my experience of working here, and the company can decide what they can do moving forward. It doesn't bother me because it's not my business, and I know i will be moving on to bigger and better things. Just know that whatever happened, was able to make me quit on the job because it was THAT bad.

lastly, the company itself is great excluding my team, and everything i've said is directed towards my team only. I don't know how other teams perform. If you are a prospect employee for this company, you should consider it. However, If you are a minority, you might want to reconsider. Who knows, maybe they'll start training their leaders better or perhaps hire better leaders who actually want their employees to succeed regardless of skin color. I'm in the process of finding a new job where I can utilize my knowledge, skills, and can challenge and appreciate my hard work and dedication. Meanwhile, I hope the company can better train their employees, supervisors and human resources to manage their employees and encourage a healthy work environment.

Advice to Management

Train leaders on micro-aggression in the work place.

"Trisept could be much more"

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time

Pros

Trisept is full of talented, smart people. Many very friendly. Schedule flexibility is wonderful and now we have the ability to work from home a couple days a week. LME as a whole has a great focus on health and wellness. The members of my team are hard workers and dedicated to producing a quality product.

Cons

There are limited professional development opportunities so I feel like I haven't learned anything new in a while. I don't really have the opportunity to apply my education and skills to my job--which is what I was hired for. Working in a professional position, I expected more collaboration and more value placed on my ideas and suggestions. I wish my team worked more cohesively together and provided better support and service to our customers.

"Company in need of a vision"

Former Employee - Software Analyst in Fox Point, WI
    Former Employee - Software Analyst in Fox Point, WI

I worked at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people, casual work environment, flex time, low pressure

Cons

No growth, little career opportunity, antiquated development processes, bureaucratic for a small company

Advice to Management

You are a software development company. Modernize your vision for how to develop software. Create accountability through delegation of responsibility. Get some fresh leadership with new ideas and the passion to implement those ideas.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Trisept Solutions is comprised of a vast number of very intelligent and talented individuals that have been gainfully employed by the company for long tenures.

Trisept Solutions invests a significant amount of capital each year to ensure our technology is cutting edge and innovative.

The subject matter of the projects worked on are interesting and captivating, as it generally pertains to software or technology for the travel industry.

Well defined and documented SDLC processes.

I work for a very open and honest executive within the company, who supports our personal growth, creativity, and independence.

No shortage of incoming project work.

I enjoy the projects I work on, the new challenges each day, the project teams I work with, and the flexibility of being able to work a schedule that meets the needs of my personal life.

Cons

At an executive level, more focus on executing to the overall long term vision of where the company needs to be and how to achieve the goals and objectives set forth. As a company, we tend to get caught up in the day-to-day, and not focus on the big picture. Better communication and prioritization of projects and how those projects align to the objectives needed to achieve the vision.

Being able to find qualified candidates to fill all the open positions available.

Advice to Management

My advice is actually to any perspective candidate using Glass Door as a tool for perspective employment, as I’ve read a number of negative or scathing reviews about our company. No matter what company you work for, you are going to have individuals who don’t pull their own weight, operate in a silo, aren’t a team player, or are negative no matter what the situation may be. These individuals tend to weed themselves out over time. Some of the individuals who have posted on Glass Door are probably those same individuals.

I started at the entry level a long time ago. Through the years, I have been challenged with new opportunities through promotions and internal transfers to expand my personal development. I enjoy what I do, and each day in my position within Trisept Solutions. This really is a great place to work for, and leadership is deeply invested in our wellness. Over the years, we’ve had over a dozen individuals leave for other opportunities but have ultimately decided to return to Trisept Solutions. Bill Sr. says it best that the greatest asset of this company is its people.

May 16, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post such thoughtful and constructive feedback. I may have to give you my login so you can respond to the postings as you've done a far better job than I. I... More

"Perspectives of a long time employee"

Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

If you are a developer, BA, or PM it's a great place to work. Developers get a foosball table, XBOX, and large TV and get to play at work. Friendly coworkers.

Cons

The IT department (engineering and operations) is not a great place to work. From upper management, years of risk aversion, poor leadership, and ludicrous expectations has lead to very unhappy employees. Lots of favoritism: policies are enforced based on how much they like you. One employee is allowed to work from home when an identical employee is not. Expect to be chewed out and then thrown under the bus if anything bad happens. Raises are less than the industry standard and mgmt looks for excuses to hold them back. Promotions are gone since upper mgmt wants no leads or lower managers anymore Benefits aren't that good, high deductibles for insurance and no profit sharing. No WiFi for your personal cell phone. No company email on your personal cell phone unless you are a VP or higher (and yes this written in in 2016). No laptops unless you are a director or better. Carpeted walls call back to the 70's. HVAC doesn't work properly, some rooms are 80 and others 60.

Advice to Management

HR and management need to realize that it's not one bad seed in IT looking to stir up trouble. HR needs to make sure all VPs are enforcing policies fairly. Realistic expectations need to be had, no IT system can be up 100% of the time. IT staff need to be better valued. I would do individual meetings with HR and everyone in IT and learn about people's concerns.

I would add a gym to the building, lots of people are asking. Turn on WiFi and cell phone email access for everyone. I would also replace the carpeting and fix the air conditioning.

Jun 1, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

I really have to wonder why a long time employee who has a number of ideas of how things should be run at the company would take his/her issues to a public review site in order to raise issues to HR... More

"Very Content"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Trisept Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I don't have any issues working for Trisept, I have been here for over 16 years and although it can be stressful at times, I like the pace. I like my VP, my Director and my Manager. We try to have little luncheons every now and then to get everyone involved.
    My job allows me flexibility to take an hour off when I feel I need it. I love all the vacations I have taken and look forward to more.

Cons

I think we could use one more full time employee, but I am not complaining..

May 16, 2016 – VP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hi and thank you for taking the time to provide your review. It's so important not only for us as HR/management to read the reviews, but it's so helpful for our potential team members. Thank you for... More

"Not what it used to be"

Pros

Sometimes you get free lunch or smoothies. You can win a free vacation sometimes too. Decent health benefits considering today's world. Organized wellness walks get people off their seats. Located in safe neighborhood. Pretty hard to actually get fired or laid off.

Cons

For all the claims of innovation, management has become extremely risk adverse and the company is moving at glacial speed. Project deadlines are months delayed. Even the smallest things take weeks or months just to get approvals for example tiny purchases are going to the senior VPs or CEO for approvals and small non-disruptive IT changes now require the approval of 3 VPs. The "Strategic Coach" program is a waste of time and results in probably hundreds of extra meetings annually. Failure is punished severely usually with a write up and a pay freeze for the year. They brag about record profits but don't share, no bonus or profit sharing. Facebook has been blocked this year.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth, lots of private companies do bonuses or profit sharing on when they have a good year. Send the management team to training on business agility or hire an agility consultant. Fix the climate control, multiple people have reported it to facilities and they tried to fix it but gave up. Time to get a pro in. Also fix the plumbing, the toilets don't always flush properly. Free coffee is cheap for the business and it would go a long way towards making people happy too. Encourage growth from within: formalized training and certifications should be available to everyone at no charge. Just take a look at what other companies in the area are doing for ideas.