Triton Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Chasen

Pros
  • I get great benefits and they allowed me to work from home (in 4 reviews)

• Flexible hours/unlimited overtime and alot of second chances (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • 10 base pay plus your commission (in 5 reviews)

• You are required to work BOTH saturday and sunday every week AND the icing on the cake is you do NOT get paid (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place and great people!!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Triton promotes from within. Can set your own paycheck make up to 20 an hour! The people are amazing the management staff are great to work for! Happy positive working environment.

Cons

none I personally love working here!

Advice to Management

NA

2. "Great Company AAA+++"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Triton Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a awesome job you can work overtime and great benefits. Double time holiday pay and management is very accommodating, just talk to them. Call center director Is very fair and listens works with you and if you work your hours they will bend over backwards for you. Pay is good commission is there to be made.

Cons

None at all so sorry

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. You guys Rock

3. "Good for a stepping stone position"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at Triton Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are great, in office management is as well. Some flexibility for those who give and take, it's a two way street. You can develop skills to move into a lead position which will help your resume. To move up you need to let them know you want it.

Cons

Depending on your shift it can be tough just on the hours you work, 24/7 operation. As sales rep on the phone: some products are terrible commissions-buzz through those calls, don't get all upset about a difficult caller-do the required reads, read the script and move on to a better call, plan your schedule to the calls planned- read the call schedule before you commit, get good at the base products that calls come in for at all hours (even the low commission or quick calls)but get really good at the stuff with better commissions, your phone will ring based on average sales/close rate on each product... all of this is so basic and it's the only way to succeed there as a rep but few do it. As lead: it can be very stressful. Bonus depends on your teams ability to up sell & cross sell. You train them after on boarding training to improve skills & teach new product. You need to be able to teach others to sell fast, have better avg sale ticket.

Advice to Management

The Chasen brothers are no longer owners for many years now as noted as CEO . Sales managers- leads need to be people who can sell and know how to teach it to others, basic people management skills and shift recruiting you can teach, reading and writing reports is for upper mgmt, not leads... that goes for AZ & MA. The people who can make the rest of this happen control the dollars spent higher up the chain: End of shift reports should be automated. Only input should be training completed with sign off sheets, reports of call outs/explain anything that can't be read on a report of calls answered/lost. The rest of the report is a waste.
    The sales floor management seems to get the pay is unfair. The greedy investors, upper management and decision makers are the issue for unfair pay.

4. "very very poor company in all areas"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not much expected from you to work there

Cons

if you want your wage & commission shared via email with the entire company and then asked if we would not like to earn better (as a put down) while they take earned commissions away if attendance is not perfect ( even thou you returned with a Drs. note) or you refuse to be yelled at and told that all your calls would be listened to that shift to look for errors in front of all the employees on that shift? And... if I could keep my reaction to the lies I have been told to myself and continually let this not affect myself and everyone else in the company! CAN YOU SAY ILLEGAL? Looking for a better company to work for .

Advice to Management

Start over and get it right to be a success

5. "Doesn't value it's employees."

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

Pros

They keep you busy. The calls are always coming in.

Cons

Lots of yelling and screaming by management. During live coaching you get yelled at while a customer is on the line. They have a dirty, crowded work environment. They have way too many lengthy up sells which often require at least 3 rebuttals. They do not schedule breaks or lunch times. You have to ask permission to go to the bathroom and take a lunch. Often times breaks and lunch are missed because they won't give you permission to go due to call volume. Job reviews are given in public, not private. VERY HIGH TURNOVER.

Advice to Management

VALUE YOUR EMPLOYEES. Schedule breaks and lunch times for your employees. Stop the yelling, screaming and live coaching. When you give out job reviews, do not do them in public for all to hear. Refrain from person attacks and comments during job reviews.

"UNPROFFESIONAL"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trainer is amazing, he is super nice and friendly and funny. Other than that I have nothing positive to say about this employer. If you want to endure all the lies they tell you and are good at selling over the phone you CAN make decent money.

Cons

They LIE. During my interview I was told I would work ONE Saturday per month and that the pay was $10 plus commission. I thought that the pay sounded a little too good to be true and so I asked twice just to confirm that it is $10 base pay plus your commission. In which case the woman hiring me continued to say yes and confirm what I was saying. When I got to training I quickly learned that neither of those things were true. You are required to work BOTH saturday and sunday every week AND the icing on the cake is you do NOT get paid $10 plus commission you only get paid $5 plus commission!!!! Two HUGE lies. And then on top of that they are completely unprofessional with everything they do. My drug test came back positive for alprazolam (I have PTSD and am prescribed it) over and over again I was treated like a criminal to them and was even asked why I was prescribed it even after I brought in a doctors note. It was absolutely ridiculous and completely victimized me. On a less personal note if you want to work in an environment where you are lied to about your hours and pay and the place always smells like old cigarettes and weed and you have to share cubicles that are dirty and have sticky gross stuff all over them then go for it. But their turn over rate is so high that they have a new hire training class every. single. week.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is crack down on the lying during interviews. And DONT LET THEM ASK PERSONAL QUESTIONS THAT ARE UNNECESSARY (in regards to medication). Also if you brag that this is such a great company then maybe you need to take a step back and look at why the turnover rate is so horrible, clearly something isn't going on right.

7. "Csr inbound"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Easy sales provided leads overall friendly laid back atmosphere

Cons

Once at a certain level of sales base drop to 5 dollars per hr. Long shifts 12 hr mandatory on weekends

Advice to Management

A lead staff that is professional

8. "Commissions have been reduced a lot over the years."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Mansfield, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Mansfield, MA

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun environment. Work gets repetitive and frustrating at times. But it IS fun to talk with a variety of customers about a bunch of different infomercial products. Training is good. They need to drug screen the employees.

Cons

they force you to work weekends. That stinks. They don't give you great bonuses or commissions.

Advice to Management

don't favor people. give better commissions, like they used to.

9. "Sales Agent on Phones"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Mansfield, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Mansfield, MA

Pros

flexibility you can change your schedule week to week. Just not your weekend hours.

Cons

This job never has salary increase to the base doesn't matter how many years you have been there. They are employees that are making less and less each week, each year. I am currently looking for a job for the first time in 4 years because it is never going to change. However administrative hourly and salary people have received raises ever year. They do not see the importance of the front line the people on the phone. They are so heavy in management all they do is micro manage and listen to all your calls until they can write you up for something and take away your commission. The only thing that has kept me here over the years are your fellow co-workers (which now have all left for better jobs and flexibility) This company is very clicky they only promote who they see fit to be promoted manager and lead jobs are never posted for all to apply nor is an administrative job posted. There are unfair acts that take place with some employees about kicker and time off. But only applies to the cool people they like.

Advice to Management

stop micro managing and take care of your troops on the front line. (sales agent on the phone)

10. "Triton Tech"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time

Pros

Triton is a very professional call center that has very flexible work schedule and has a great sales training program

Cons

They have much higher standards than the average call center