Triumph Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Triumph Group President & CEO Jeffry D. Frisby
Jeffry D. Frisby

Pros
  • Great pay and benefits, very nice people, no micro managing (in 6 reviews)

• Union, good people to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 7 reviews)

• The local engineers have been requesting that TGI upper management address this issue for two (in 11 reviews)

1. "Current out look at Frederick"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with. close to retirement

Cons

Management does have a clue what it take for hourly to do their jobs. They come with some of the dumbest ideas, that take more time then what it took before.

Advice to Management

Corporate should take a look at the management at Frederick and make a change.

"Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Yakima, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Yakima, WA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Yakima is a great location to live.

Cons

Since Triumph Group purchased our small company in 2015, they have eliminated five weeks of paid leave (personal business and sick leave) and reduced matching 401K. Also, in the switch to Triumph they have moved 6 of our senior engineers with 15 to 30 years of experience to a lower experience band equivalent to an engineer with 6 years or less experience. Obvously, even if one receives a good performance review they don't qualify for a merit increase because "your current compensation is above the retention level you have assigned to". The local engineers have been requesting that TGI upper management address this issue for two+ years. Their response: we're working on it.

Advice to Management

Please fix your experience band systems. This has the appearance that Triumph purposely changed the bands of senior level engineers to save money when they aquired our company. This is not a good way treat your experienced employees.

Please review what impact you have had on employee morale when you eliminated 5 weeks of personal paid leave. This is not motivating your good people.

"The sad, plain truth"

Former Employee - Machinist in Edgerton, KS
    Former Employee - Machinist in Edgerton, KS

I worked at Triumph Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees that know their stuff and are willing to share their knowledge.

A great place to start learn CNC machining.

Cons

The wages are low and getting lower as the company allows the better people to leave, (the guys replacing me were earning 65%..give or take...of what I was making. I left to make 32% more)

management. management. management.

They are too far away from the rest of the metro area.

Failure to promote from within.

The company refuses to get rid of dead weight.

Worsening morale.

When I left the company it was worth less than one third of what it was five years prior.

No notice of mandatory overtime, ridiculous quotas

Supposedly one building, one team but it's not. Departmental division is present. Not all departments are treated equally.

Serious divisions and differences between office and floor personnel. Don't even try to enter the front door as floor personnel. You must enter through the servants entrance.

etc. etc. etc.

Advice to Management

Listen to, respect, and pay your employees the national average wage for their skill set or higher in order to attract better employees.

"No concern for the workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grandview, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grandview, MO

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not including upper management 99% the floor supervisors and employees are friendly and easy to work with. Health benefits are above average.

Cons

Upper management is uncaring and has no concern for the people that get their product out the door. When they try to fix what is broken they start at the bottom rather than starting at the top. Most of the people I work with are exhausted from the hours, unkempt promises and lack of encouragement.

Advice to Management

You have some great people working for you that have much knowledge and skill. They strive to put out quality parts but feel pressured to just get it done without regard to quality. Get off you salary and appreciate those of us who care.

"Machinist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are O.K. Plenty of overtime to make up for poor hourly wage.

Cons

Pay is extremely low for skilled labor positions. Management team consists of unqualified bullies. Human resources is blind to all of it.

Advice to Management

Get current. Make hires based on qualifications, not who they know or are related to.

"intresting work, poorly managed"

Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

yearly raise, benefits (not great but its better than not having any), some what laid back atmosphere, its a job

Cons

poor communication, local HR is a joke, company profits are seriously declining, care more about charts and numbers than actual work produced, poor work ethic is rewarded with a yearly raise, improvement initiatives seem to be geared only toward production operations and not support personell

Advice to Management

take a tour around the facility every once and a while, we all understand that management has more on their shoulders than we could probably imagine but when you give the perception to the employees that actually touch the parts and make the product that you are on a level that does not need to understand the day to day feelings in order to grow the bottom line, there's a problem. Gemba anyone?

"Retention issues"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Macomb, MI
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Macomb, MI

I worked at Triumph Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are very friendly and helpful out on the shop floor. Very willing to answer questions. Clean work areas.

Cons

No clear direction from upper management. Serious lack of interpersonal skills. Culture is one of ambiguity.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees when they come to you with concerns. All "perceptions" are not necessarily factual. Take time out to get to know your people.

"Support Engineer view"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Triumph Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is in a convenient location.

Cons

Limited growth, metric driven on changing processes, slow to hire contract engineers

Advice to Management

Provide a wider range of tranning

"Maintenance"

Former Employee - Maintenance Clerk in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Clerk in Dallas, TX

I worked at Triumph Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees that were part of the Vought were great to work with.

Cons

Was a great company before taken over by Triumph Industries I worked at Vought Aircraft Industries for 20 + years was laid off without any severance no regards to what I brought to company.This company is riding on the traditions of the Vought name they are not loyal to there employees.

Advice to Management

N/A

"layup technician"

Former Employee - Layup Technician in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Layup Technician in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Triumph Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The insurance benifits and 401k match. The pay and how often you get a raise. You don't start off well though

Cons

Union. Good workers get treated badly while the slackers get away with anything. Weather its a bad part to time in parts

Advice to Management

Treat all employees fairly across the board. I saw alot of good tech leave because of what was noted in the cons section