Triumph Motorcycles "bikes" Reviews | Glassdoor

Triumph Motorcycles Employee Reviews about "bikes"

Updated Jun 21, 2019

Found 53 reviews

3.5
Triumph Motorcycles CEO Nick Bloor
Nick Bloor
Pros
  • "It's such a cool place to work and it's awesome seeing all of the different models of bikes outside of my window(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "Allow headphones during working hours(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "bikes"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun Company"

Former Employee - Salesperson

I worked at Triumph Motorcycles full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid bikes, nice management, good parts support

Cons

demanding, no corporate support, dealers unfairly burdened with costs

Triumph Motorcycles2018-12-31
  2. "Junior CAD Designer"

Junior CAD Designer in Leicester, England

I have been working at Triumph Motorcycles

Pros

I get trained to become a full-time CAD Designer and I get paid to do it! It's such a cool place to work and it's awesome seeing all of the different models of bikes outside of my window.

Cons

In my role i'm stuck at a computer most of the time however I do get to fiddles around with office bikes and put parts that I design on those bikes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the management is great at Triumph!

Triumph Motorcycles2017-01-18

"A great place to work, most of the time."

Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Triumph Motorcycles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Big enough that there are plenty of good people and good structures in place to learn from. Small enough that you can quickly be responsible for important, interesting aspects of a products design. Some very interesting projects from a company that have recently invested a lot in the Design Dept, Also have focused a lot on market research and in doing so have learned a lot about how to sell bikes. Sales... are on the up as a result. I am always proud to say I work here. Privately owned by a smart business man. I would consider it a safe job with good benefits.

Cons

Triumph take existing engineering principles and apply them well with good procedures for control and consistency. As such the engineering can sometimes be a little "safe". Typically very rigid when it comes to flexibility but it has improved a lot in the several years I've worked here.

Triumph Motorcycles2016-12-05
  4. "Improving all the time"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Hinckley, England

I have been working at Triumph Motorcycles full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quick turn around on projects ensures you are never bored as an engineer. From the start you are given full responsibility and a good working environment has been created to allow shared knowledge including working groups for each component area of the bikes. The company is ever expanding and is definitely moving in the right direction re-establishing itself as the market leader for high-end motorbikes.

Cons

Some Team Leaders, though very good engineers are not suitable for management. Paid over-time isn't always offered and management give little warning over when over-time will be stopped and re-started.

Advice to Management

More layers should be added within the company to help motivate employees by making promotions more common within design.

Triumph Motorcycles2015-12-28

"Great brand, great people, great products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England

I have been working at Triumph Motorcycles full-time for less than a year

Pros

No nonsense, straightforward, honest place to work Finish at lunchtime on Fridays Pay well Discounts on bikes and clothing Products are works of art Pride in saying you work here

Cons

Some areas of the business are a little old fashioned in terms of management style Business has a tendency to run in functional silos Good at dealing with under performers, not so good at rewarding over performers

Advice to Management

Culture needs some work Learn to trust that employees will do the right thing Make a better link between performance and reward, empower and engage workforce. Stop being so self critical, celebrate success

Triumph Motorcycles2015-07-08

"Fun at first but went down hill rapidly."

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Hinckley, England

I worked at Triumph Motorcycles full-time

Pros

Good discounts on bikes and accessories. Finishing at 1pm on Fridays Seeing components through from conception to volume production

Cons

Innovation actively discouraged Extremely risk adverse (see point above) Like to follow what other companies are doing Team leaders can be good, but some are very poor and clearly not fit for leadership Promotion is based on hours overtime (or time you give to the business) not on actual ability and productivity during normal working hours Very high staff turnover makes it difficult to find people who worked on... previous projects which leads to a smaller knowledge base in house

Advice to Management

Encourage innovation and stop following the crowd. Triumph used to be brand that stood out as it really did 'go it's own way'. This attitude has now been completely dropped and should definitely be returned to. Management should stop paying external management companies for bad advice and return to the principles that got them so far and saw them become a major player in the motorcycle industry.

Triumph Motorcycles2014-12-08