Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John McQuillan

Pros
  • Great co-workers very friendly and inviting group of people (in 6 reviews)

• Through mentoring and shadowing, an employee can learn a lot about a role that they are interested in but have little experience in (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is tough at times but management of personal expectations and career growth is valuable (in 16 reviews)

• Long Hours - tough to balance home and work (in 25 reviews)

"Motivation leads to success."

Current Employee - Operations in Astoria, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in Astoria, NY

Pros

- Unlimited training.
    - Excellent coworkers and work atmosphere.
    - Freedom to build your own career, be innovative and learn new skill sets.
    - Safety culture.
    - Benefits package.

Cons

- Work/life balance can be tough to start, but as you build your career you are given more freedom to create your own schedule.
    - Being part of a quickly growing company can present it's challenges, but has ultimately lead to very positive things for my career.

Advice to Management

It appears that there is a need to communicate with new hires better during the hiring process. Lets be more transparent about that fact that to make it at a company like Triumvirate, you must be motivated to develop yourself as an employee.

Nov 29, 2016 – Talent Acqusition Manager

Thank you for the well written review. You’ve obviously embraced the culture and opportunity at Triumvirate and seem poised for success here. Our most common piece of feedback from employees is ... More

"Alright job with alright pay"

Current Employee - Environmental Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Environmental Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefit package
    Movie ticket discounts and what not

Cons

Horrible management
    Play favoritism
    Low pay for dangerous work

"Lies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time

Pros

The field staff we hire are, more often than not, fantastic people.

The farther away you are from the corporate office, the better you'll be without them watching you like you're in a fishbowl.

Cons

I can tell you now, that there is no crucial senior environmental specialist here that has exceeded 3 years that is happy enough about this company to defend it like the last review. And if there happens to be, they simply haven't witnessed the atrocities that occur here. We are all tasked with different things, and those that do the same thing every day will never see it. Chances are, HR asked an employee to write a positive review (as they've done so in the past) to try and counteract the negative ones. The attitude of "weeding out those with a bad attitude" will only get you so far. When good people quit, it's not because they "couldn't handle it."

Advice to Management

How about focusing on making your field employees happy, instead of putting them through sh*t shows and making them resent you. That's what creates bad attitudes.

"Is it worth it?"

Current Employee - Machine Operator and Labor in Jeannette, PA
    Current Employee - Machine Operator and Labor in Jeannette, PA

Pros

Decent starter pay. That's it

Cons

Don't be fooled. They advertise for a machine operator out at their Jeannette location, mon-fri. Daylight, mid shift and night shift. What they don't tell you is that you have to work your way up to title and shift. People starting out get a 2-2-3 schedule, 12hr shift and hard labor for 90 days or more. Instead of machine operating they stick you with slinging piles of melted plastic the entire shift, the smell alone will make you sick. The physical you have to pass says you need to be healthy.......wrong, you need to be physically fit or else it'll wear you down.

Advice to Management

push for a normal schedule, and add more efficiency to lessen the labor,then maybe the turnover rate won't be so bad. Making money 24/7 seems nice but eventually bad ratings and bad turnover rates catch up, can't even deny it, why else would you not disclose full info on the position.

"Enviro tech"

Former Employee - Environmental Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Environmental Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-tuition reimbursement (still shady though)
    -lunch paid for on boarding

Cons

very stressful long hour at work..management sucks.. they don't know what you
    are capable of. plays favoritism.

Jan 11, 2017 – Manager of Employee Engagement

Our tuition reimbursement program provides $8,000 per year for graduate degree programs and $5,000 annually for undergraduate programs. We’re very proud to offer this and know our employees who take ... More

"TRUST all of these negative reviews - I didn't, and it cost me"

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time

Pros

Hard-working, smart co-workers, varying work from day-to-day.

Cons

This is a terrible company to work for, with an incredibly high turnover rate. Environmental specialists are essentially garbage collectors who aren't paid more and are treated worse than actual municipal waste collectors. They tell you that it's a blue collar job during the interview - what they don't tell you is that you are forced to work 60+ hour weeks, every single week. My shortest week was 61 hours, my longest was 82. When I was desperate for a job out of college I chose not to listen to these bad reviews, thinking that the people leaving them were somehow lazy or not willing to work hard. I wish that I had listened to the reviews, and waited to find a job with acceptable working conditions somewhere else. Please, don't put yourself through this. Work at a grocery store, babysit, do ANYTHING but don't take a job as an Environmental Specialist at this Somerville office.

Advice to Management

No more than 50 hour weeks unless the employee is absolutely willing to work more.

Nov 29, 2016 – Talent Acqusition Manager

Ouch. This is some pretty surprising feedback. We appreciate your honesty and ultimately feel like this job may have not been the right fit for you from the get-go. In checking our payroll records ... More

"Excellent Opportunity for Advancement"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Triumvirate Environmental is an excellent place to work.

To start working here out of college, typically successful applicants will be placed into an Environmental Specialist role. This role can involve hard work, long hours, and certainly a lot of new information, but the payoff for those who put in the work is very high. The Advancement Program starts almost immediately upon starting to work here and offers a clear view into how to advance within the company while in the Environmental Specialist role.

Looking beyond the ES role, employees are always encouraged to find what role motivates them within the company. Through mentoring and shadowing, an employee can learn a lot about a role that they are interested in but have little experience in. Triumvirate invests in their people, and it's clear that all of the business leaders are individuals who were grown from within.

Cons

Possibility for long hours while in an ES role, working with potentially hazardous materials, driving company vehicles (including trucks) is very common - not necessarily cons, but they are all parts of the business to be aware of.

Dec 15, 2016 – Manager of Employee Engagement

Great points that highlight what success looks like at TEI. The majority of our most tenured employees (including most of our senior leaders) started in the field. We love to promote from within ... More

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Pros

Free food during on boarding and a Keurig in the break room. Once they gave me an ice cream.

Cons

-Completely unsafe. You're dealing with really hazardous materials and they expect you to put yourself into dangerous situations for the sake of the clients, with minimal training.
    -Management plays favorites, and your raise/promotion depends on who you know (they make no effort to getting to know you), and how many accounts you are on. Hard work is never acknowledged, you're expected to overwork yourself to them regardless, for as much pay as McDonalds.
    -Please don't fall for the false reviews the managers had to write a couple posts behind about how "Triumvirate provides top notch training and educational opportunities" because who writes reviews like that?

If you are a recent graduate, and are scared about not having a job and this seems like the quick fix to getting that after-college job you are desperate for, please wait it out. You will only add really useless skills such as knowing random hazardous chemicals and knowing stupid DOT and RCRA laws that are not applicable to the majority of the environmental science industry. Please wait it out, and let this company figure their stuff out so they can treat their employees better, we all regretted it.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming everyone else.

Nov 29, 2016 – Talent Acqusition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on a very immersive, week-long onboarding program that aligns employees to our company, our industry, and the critical safety elements of our ... More

"Do not work here!"

Former Employee - Environmental Technician in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Environmental Technician in Jeannette, PA

Pros

When i was there i made some new friends.

Cons

-Clueless Management
    -Unsafe and Unhealthy Atmosphere
    -Shady activities
    -Low pay for the work you do
    -Favoritism
    -There is No Preventative maintenance on any of the Machines(So they end up breaking down for hours on end)
    -There is No business model, No training structure(We lost Customers due to shoddy products),
    -No Communication
    - Hardly any place to park your car
     - Very Messy work area(On any given day you can venture out to the Plant floor and find Monster cans and Chewing tobacco cans)
     -Shoddy/Broken equipment and tools
     - 2nd hand machines
     -Management won't listen to reason or your ideas

And worst of all we produced so much waste.We would fill up 2 dumpsters a week!!
     This is supposed to be an Environmental Company.... It is one of the worst jobs i have ever had in my life and i used to work at Walmart for 3 years!!

Advice to Management

Clean house and start from scratch with an actual business plan and structure.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Environmental Specialist in Somerville, MA

Pros

Slight training if you want to work in field of environmental protection or chemical safety

Cons

Management is terrible and treats all employees like crap. Many employees try to throw you under the bus when things go wrong, HR does nothing at all. Never try to do extra and help the company, the next day they will treat you even worse. Management explodes over minor mishaps, and never recognizes your success. This especially true when you advanced for pay raises. Only work in your work/life balance.

If i could give a negative star, i would

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and cut managers