Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 9 Aug 2019

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. CEO John McQuillan (no image)
John McQuillan
Pros
  • "Rewards hard work and attracts top talent(in 12 reviews)

• "Awesome culture, great people and office space(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wouldn't consider long hours a "con," because over-time pay makes it worth it(in 29 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work life balance(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"You get out what you put in."

Former Employee - Environmental Specialist in Somerville, MA

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Triumvirate is a great place to get your career started in the environmental field while working with excellent people. While it can be hard work with long hours, you get out what you put in. They provide a lot of education and workplace training in addition to learning from your coworkers. Triumvirate provides the tools you need to set yourself up for long term success, whether you take advantage of them is up... to you.

Cons

Long hours and variable schedules

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2019-08-09

"Environmental Specialist"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company treats employees well and provides extensive training. Internal promotions are abundant as long as your willing to put some time in learning the ins and outs of the services that are provided. Management is understanding because they all started with their boots on the ground.

Cons

I wouldn't consider long hours a "con," because over-time pay makes it worth it. Tough physical labor is common.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2018-02-19

"Grain of Salt"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growing company Huge emphasis on hiring from within Prioritize training and safety for everyone Excellent reputation within EHS industry Excellent coworkers - TEI knows how to hire great people Endless learning opportunities To anyone reading through these reviews and trying to decide whether or not TEI is a good fit for you, please take everything you read with a grain of salt. You should know that the... more scathing reviews are usually posted within a week of someone being fired. I'd like to address a few points in the posts I've read on here. I've been with the company for over 5 years and I started in the field so I can give you a pretty thorough idea of what it's like to work for TEI. Will you work long hours? Yes. 100%. Guess what though? Killer overtime pay. You're young, cash in on it now. Does it last forever? No. Most people spend about 3 years in the field before moving into the office and while that time may seem like a waste to some, the people who do well at TEI spend that time learning the industry/regulations, learning how to interact with the clients, learning the accounts and the business, etc. There are a ton of different career paths within TEI and if none of those fit, they have such a good reputation for hiring smart people and training them well that you're experience here is really valuable. Safety. Anyone who says TEI doesn't take safety seriously never took safety seriously themselves. It is drilled into each and every person from day 1 to stop anything they are doing and re-evaluate and call the office if they feel unsafe doing anything. There are safety meetings and reviews weekly and the executives are always in attendance and actively work to predict and prevent safety issues for the employees. At the end of the day however, the field staff work at client sites and are their own supervisors so the safety of the crew and of the job is their responsibility. Koolaid. Sure. If you don't like your job, the people who do are obviously brainless cult members. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Finally I just want to say that in talking to all of my friends in their various careers - I don't know anyone who has the perfect job. Some are bored, some hate their manager, some are overworked, underpaid, whatever the case may be. Is TEI perfect? No of course not. But it is what you make it. I can tell you that my hard work has always been recognized. My expertise and knowledge has always been appreciated. I can tell by the quality of my coworkers and how hard working and intelligent (emotionally and cognitive) they are that the people who make it at TEI are truly excellent and the people who I did not like having as coworkers are no longer here... They're writing bad reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Long hours - sometimes really long Dirty work Uniform makes it hard to not look like a trash man Truck driving (though this was a pro for me)

Advice to Management

Listen to the millennials with good work ethic - they know what's going to keep people around. Continue to ignore the whiners.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2017-06-10

"Good stepping stone company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

More than decent opportunity for promotion and recognition due to the smaller size of the company; interaction with key members in the company like the CFO, COO and VPs

Cons

Long hours; scheduling issues; working in the field is some what of a nightmare; management works to minimize overhead expenses and does not invest in creating a fun culture

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2017-05-14

"Environmental Specialist"

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Pros

Great coworkers and alright pay

Cons

Long hours. You dont feel like you're supported by management

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2017-01-04

"Excellent Opportunity for Advancement"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Somerville, MA

Pros

Triumvirate Environmental is an excellent place to work. To start working here out of college, typically successful applicants will be placed into an Environmental Specialist role. This role can involve hard work, long hours, and certainly a lot of new information, but the payoff for those who put in the work is very high. The Advancement Program starts almost immediately upon starting to work here and offers a... clear view into how to advance within the company while in the Environmental Specialist role. Looking beyond the ES role, employees are always encouraged to find what role motivates them within the company. Through mentoring and shadowing, an employee can learn a lot about a role that they are interested in but have little experience in. Triumvirate invests in their people, and it's clear that all of the business leaders are individuals who were grown from within.

Cons

Possibility for long hours while in an ES role, working with potentially hazardous materials, driving company vehicles (including trucks) is very common - not necessarily cons, but they are all parts of the business to be aware of.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2016-08-02

"On Board"

Former Employee - Chemist/Environmental Specialist in Astoria, NY

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees. Trainings. Able to network with clients & get a better paying job & life.

Cons

Long hours. Low pay. Dangers. They preach safety , but out the window...when a client calls. Surprise no has died yet, but thank god. No life outside of work. Ruins marriages & relationships. Made up titles & postions.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favors. Pay everyone more. Take care of the few that are actually dedicated. Keep moral up.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2016-05-19

"great start"

in Astoria, NY

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Pros

lots of work learn a lot ability to learn how to use different equipment , provides you with the opportunity to get your cdl and hazmat , its all hands on also has a lot of training

Cons

long long hours pay could be better

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2016-02-08

"Good but can be frustrating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You will work with some intelligent and engaging people and experience new challenges everyday.

Cons

You will see people who are terrible humans excel and be praised and you will work long hours and not get paid for them and be treated like you are always doing something wrong.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees engagement not your bottom line and stop putting people who are not good people into leadership roles.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2016-01-09

"One of Boston's Best Places to Work . . . In 2008"

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Pros

Triumvirate is extremely particular and selective in its candidate screening, and as a result of the process, usually hires great co-workers with a hardworking attitude. I have made a great number of professional contacts and friends that I hold in the highest esteem. The company trains to an exceptional level and will prepare anyone for a high profile job in the business and is willing to spend the money on... external training for development. Due to high turnover, there is often growth potential within the company for a young environmental professional. Middle management works exceptionally hard and puts in long hours.

Cons

The culture and values that the company boasts are a thing of the past. Recent changes (2 years or so) in middle management and director level management and unfamiliar faces who value money over development and character now seemingly run the company and its operations. The company that won one of the best places to work in 2008 is a shell of its former self. Business managers and account managers who care only... about money now have the control in operations, putting undue pressure on young hard working individuals who enter the workplace with earnest and values. If you are willing to trade the values that made you select the environmental and/or safety field for solely business and service concerns, TEI is the place for you. TEI's upper management has lost touch with its work force in favor of $$$. I would not recommend Triumvirate to any recent graduate that chose the environmental field for anything other than business/occupational reasons. As an employer, Triumvirate has little or no concern for the 50 plus hours you will work. On a sidenote: There is a dating policy in the handbook that Triumvirate does not appear to acknowledge/enforce.

Advice to Management

Promote some newer blood to middle management. Stop promoting based on who is drinking the cool aid, rather than who deserves employment. Reach out to your young hard workers who still have a mind for serving the environment and safety fields, and stop the nosebleed. Take a look at the real reasons people are on a mass exodus from the company.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.2015-12-15