Tronex International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Donald L. Chu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Renowned Corporation. Caring/Extremely Hardworking Employees. Fast Growing Firm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ

I worked at Tronex International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is one of the best experiences I've had in a firm. Although this firm is a Fortune 500, global company, you still get the benefits of knowing all the people you work with. You can actually meet and talk with the CEO (which is a great experience). You can also learn all aspects of the business inside and out, and feel like the culture is not siloed at all. Employees at Tronex are very friendly and welcoming so it was easy to collaborate and work with other teams

Cons

There is no clear career path. You will be paid well and get the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of different roles and positions (if you choose to), but job title might not change if you are not proactive about it.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to focus on the culture, and making sure employees feel heard. I think management is taking steps forward to better the environment and career path, but I think just continuing to take those steps forward will make the company even greater.

"Irrational Behavior"

I worked at Tronex International full-time

Pros

There is not anything positive about this shop.

Cons

The environment is not stable. People are dismissed without warning or reason. If you take a position with this place of business be prepared to be unemployed without warning. This is not a Fortune 500 company as a previous reviewer claims. That is nonsense. This shop is ruining lives and careers with their labor practices. To bring individuals in to the company and then let them go within only a couple of weeks is terrible. People have left other companies to take a position at Tronex under the false assumption that they will be employed at a stable company. This is horrible place to work and can only hope that the people working there will soon find their way out.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who will run the organization with honor.

"Just Awful"

Current Employee - Salesman in Budd Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Salesman in Budd Lake, NJ

I have been working at Tronex International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. Do not work here.

Cons

Management will play mind games and drive you insane with their lack of anything remotely like intelligence.

Advice to Management

Quit

"Shocked this company is still standing"

I worked at Tronex International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company can't use your phone no kitchen area to eat coffee machine but byo everything. No desk supplies. Like I said nothing good

Cons

Oh boy where to start the employees hate it there there are people watching you waiting to tell upper management something people get fired for no reason. Mgmt is the worst no leading no training no communication. Honestly the worst place I've ever encountered

Advice to Management

Mgmt get someone to coach and guide you how to talk to your employees. Learn how to manage and talk to your employees

"Get a job anywhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Budd Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Budd Lake, NJ

I have been working at Tronex International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There seriously are no pros. The pay is bad, the work is boring, and the people are annoying. Do not work here.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they are doing so most days are spent avoiding working and playing the blame game. Employees literally take bets on how long new people will last before they are fired or quit.

Advice to Management

Stop being so awful

"Pretty subpar place to work, try finding a better opportunity elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Tronex International full-time

Pros

The only pros of working here were getting to know some of the nicer employees. There are only a handful of them, but if you plan to work here, befriending them is the only way you're going to maintain your sanity.

Cons

The management that runs this company honestly operates with the most rigid and inflexible mindset. You are not allowed to have your phone out at all except during your lunch break, let alone do anything that's not work-related on the computer. People gave me looks for checking my personal email briefly to ensure I'd paid my bills on time and they actively monitor your online activity. You are also expected to be in and out of the office at specific times and not a minute later.

Every day is the same repetitive meaningless grind where you complete tasks that generate more money for the three people who run the company and gain very little in the way of compensation and career development. If I were you, I'd search for alternative opportunities unless you really need to put food on the table and resort to this place.

There are people who have worked here for years and I cannot fathom how they've done it without losing their minds. Life is so much more than sitting in front of a computer looking at spreadsheets all day or making the same cold calls over and over again to sell boxes of gloves.

Advice to Management

Stop enforcing a rigid workplace culture and environment. Let employees live, we have lives outside of work. Why enforce a no phone policy and force people to be at their desks working or pretending to work for 7.5 hours a day? This kills productivity. The world's greatest companies have the most casual workplaces and are able to maximize productivity and employee satisfaction. Employees are not pawns, give them a reason to perform and try their best every day apart from mindlessly selling gloves to put more money into your pockets.

"Blindsided"

I worked at Tronex International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are given work out of your general scope so as to think that you are learning and progressing your career, when really they are saving the money to hire a qualified individual with experience.

Cons

All employees are underpaid (expect for the few favorites), and the sad part is, is that we all know it, but we are all too scared to do anything about it. When you look at similar job titles within each individualized field, you realize your own compensation is so far below what it should be for the work and time put into doing your job.

Advice to Management

Begin to hire experienced individuals for the proper job functions and pay them accordingly, instead of using "gophers" to manage 10 different tasks and positions.

"Company mentality made in China"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ

Pros

Get to see a lot of real world drama and be part of it. Bring your tape recorder and watch out what you said, what you wrote. They are going after you! Very exciting if you like playing game while working. A lot of opportunities to get you fired.

Cons

Guest and boss will be using the bathroom in the front office, if you are the employee please go to the bathroom in the warehouse. Be careful walking in the warehouse and follow the line if you don't want to get killed.

"Lots of chances and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ

I have been working at Tronex International full-time

Pros

Working here you really get to see what goes into making an international supply chain work. Nothing in my experience before has taught me as much and as quickly as what I have gained at Tronex.

Cons

With some of the fast pace growth that seems to be happening everywhere, sometimes procedures and processes are not quite as clear as where I have worked before. While sometimes unclear, this is a great opportunity to do something with the chance of making a lasting impact on the work flow if an idea gets traction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and guiding the company up through growth. The employees that are ambitious are here to help.

"Dynamic work and open doors"

Pros

• Dynamic, fast-paced, and customer-oriented company where people are committed to performing and delivering above and beyond in very competitive markets
    • Heavy focus on both gaining new business and delivering upon existing business with customers
    • Entrepreneurial corporate culture, combined with the established stability, diverse foundation of business, and performance track-record of a company that has been growing for over two decades
    • Performance-oriented business environment where impactful employee contributions and value to the business and company are valued and rewarded

Cons

• Performance-driven work environment values staff members, but also is very demanding at times
    • Employees are expected to be adaptable and able to flex and meet the needs while maintaining the attitude needed to for success
    • Work is rewarding, but can be intense at times. Workdays can demand long hours, office time, and solid time and effort commitments