Troon North Golf Club Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Troon North Golf Club full-time

Pros

Tips are good, good work environment.

Cons

not much opportunity for growth money is tip dependent and shotgun days suck

Troon North Golf Club2019-03-02
  2. "Good"

I have been working at Troon North Golf Club

Pros

The view, pleasant working environment, mellow summers, lucrative spring for service workers

Cons

too much labor for the pay, lateral movement only in terms of positions, hierarchy of bigots who simply got to where they're at by waiting a decade.

Advice to Management

Pay service workers more and consider modern human existence when implementing training plans.

Troon North Golf Club2017-06-07
  3. "Hard Work Goes Unnoticed"

I have been working at Troon North Golf Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Inter-department relationships are always positive. Troon is an international company with opportunities to advance.

Cons

They're all yes-men that say no to the people that matter. Management will placate and lead you on. Many salaried employees take vacations excessively and in high season.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your rockstars. Take care of your few employees or you will continue to have a high turnover.

Troon North Golf Club2016-02-24
  4. "Outside Services"

Former Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Troon North Golf Club part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great golf benefits and fun.

Cons

Hot in summer, slow in summer

Troon North Golf Club2015-07-12
  5. "Great pay, coworkers, environment and management!"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Troon North Golf Club part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is very tight nit and available for questions, resources and anything you would need. Very hands on. Great pay! For the market the pay is unmet by any other Club, service position and the likes. the location is beautiful and the members mostly have good attitudes and want to just relax and enjoy themselves, so their interaction with you is a plus and they enjoy asking about your life.

Cons

Nothing so far. I will up date this if it changes! Previously there were 4 former owners of the Flagstaff location in 5 years. YIKES! But Troon has purchased and runs the Gold and F&B portion now, so that has changes. The new GM has restaffed and it's running better than ever.

Advice to Management

Stay owning Pine Canyon and keep being hands on! you're doing a great job!

Troon North Golf Club2014-03-24
  6. "Exceptional Advancement Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Troon North Golf Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Advancement Opportunities. Highly skilled Managers, safe and beautiful work surroundings!

Cons

Pay is horrible. Received $.23 cent raise after 2 years.

Advice to Management

Listen to your supporting management staff . IE. Supervisors. I genuinely feel a lot of the time that when there's a legitimate defaming an or lie from regular associates. And that supervisor approaches you on those problems please please back up your supervisors. Don't automatically take the side of the associate. Because in this case I was doing my job exactly how I was taught by Troon standards. And the moment... I crack the whip with these associates they immediately turn to corporate to make lies and spread gossip throughout their department. If a supervisor is loyal (4 years collectively by the way) please investigate, speak with other associates and find out if accusations are true before reprehending that supervisor. I'm honestly at a loss sometimes ans quite frankly I let lots of things slide with my staff because I DO NOT feel inspired to implement YOUR standards. I want to keep my job.

Troon North Golf Club2012-12-20