Trotter Wellness Reviews | Glassdoor

Trotter Wellness Reviews

2.8
Patrick Trotter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Clear, systematic approach to wellness"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Pros

Clear direction for job performance. There are reviews at initial employment and yearly reviews. There is clear direction and timely feedback. You know what is expected and there is clear communication as to what is expected when. The company programs and projects are well defined and have clear protocols for reference. The outlines of customer and employee communication are clear. This is not a job where an employee needs to be worried about whether they will know what to do or not. You are hired to do a job and your job is well outlined and there are steps in place to give clear feedback on your performance. Very systematic and efficient approach to wellness programming. You are well compensated, you have good vacation, no weekends, great family hours. The facility is safe, clean, comfortable, and you have amenities at your disposal to lead a healthy employment life if you take advantage of them. Lots of natural light and personal space in your office area.

Cons

Not very much one on one interaction with customers in person. Most business is distance whether via phone or computer so you need to be okay with little visual of your clients or customers. You stay busy with the comprehensive programs which are in place so this is not a job where you sit around and think up new programs which you want to implement. If you want to run your own programs and direct your own clients then you will need to work your way into that role and that doesn't happen overnight.

Advice to Management

When you have highly talented staff they are multifaceted and require many sources of self fulfillment. Be sure to encourage community involvement, involvement in all aspects of the company, and become a part of other organizations in town besides their place of employment. Sheboygan has a lot to offer but many staff who move to Sheboygan from around the country do not realize how to get involved and be fulfilled. A job is only a part of someones life and if they want to feel complete they need to know what is around them to fill those needs.

2. "Health coach"

Pros

Decent pay. Good people to work with that are hard workers and friendly. Advancement opportunities to those who work hard and demonstrate high performance

Cons

There is quite a lot of turnover of staff. Things change at a fast pace so you have to be ok with change.

Advice to Management

You have a talented staff that are sometimes underutilized. It's ok to trust other people besides your core group of talent.

3. "Watch out!"

I worked at Trotter Wellness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, everyone there hates their jobs so there is a sense of community in that regard.

Cons

Where do I start? I worked in reception and saw so many people quit or get fired for no reason it was apparent something was very wrong. The company has changed its name, my guess is so that they can hide from the terrible reviews.

Advice to Management

There isn't any advice to give arrogant faux elitists who are conducting a very shady enterprise. I'm shocked they are even still in business.

4. "Director of Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Trotter Wellness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, time off, good sales strategy. I have worked for a lot of organizations in sales and the CEO and President have made sure that I'm welcome. So accommodating! I really feel like my voice is being heard at the table.

Cons

I haven't been here very long and after reading the reviews on here I'm shocked. Seems like a brilliant organization with a great product.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the technology and the product. Continue to build the sales engine and this company will grow, grow, grow!

5. "Not For Everyone"

Current Employee - Optimal Health Coach in Sheboygan, WI
    Current Employee - Optimal Health Coach in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Trotter Wellness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I recently left due to spouses work transfer after 9 years of working here and found it a good place to work. Pay and benefits were good. This is a fast moving company that requires hard work and commitment but allows independence with a high level of personal accountability. It is results oriented that weeds out the C grade l employees pretty quick making for higher functioning teams. .

Cons

They could do more to better accommodate the millennium generation and their need for more interaction, inclusion and constant communication and feedback. However they don't stay long once they realize that they are not going to be promoted, given a raise and achieve self actualization after six months so I can understand managements position on the extra investment and handholding it takes compared to more experienced staff.

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit the +30 year old employees now that the wellness industry has some history and there are many experienced people out there. The investment in the fresh graduates is not what it used to be especially the lack of loyalty and dedication I have seen form them as a whole. There are the exceptions but not among those making this their first job out of school.

6. "SPAM!!! DO NOT WORK FOR!!"

I worked at Trotter Wellness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. $. But if you are a college grad, I'd urge you to consider ALL other offers before this one.

Cons

Dishonest and shady. Company's turnover is high for a reason, RED FLAG!

Advice to Management

Dishonest people don't change and the arrogance among the owners was palpable. It would be a waste of time to give advice to those who won't take it. I'm assuming they've heard of karma so I won't offer up any overused proverbs either, but I certainly hope they aren't suprised when their venture fails.

7. "Helping People Live Healthier Lives"

Pros

Good benefits, competitive pay, generous paid time off. Great camaraderie among co-workers at the office and after hours - I made a lot of life long friends!

Cons

A good number of employees are recent college graduates; some use their experience gained at Trotter Wellness to go work in bigger cities - so turnover seems high, but many employees have been at Trotter for 5+ years.

8. "Don't waste your time-not a good work environment or company!"

Pros

Nice coworkers, good benefits within the company, pay is alright but could be better, work hours are pretty nice

Cons

Sedentary job, very repetitive position, very stressful, no open communication between co-workers

9. "Not a good working environment."

Former Employee - Optimal Health Coach in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at Trotter Wellness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, holiday pay and PTO.

Cons

Very stressful working environment and the company is really shady. You'll never know what's going on in any of the other departments that you don't work in. Very high turnover rate (about 1 person left each month from when I started) and everyone seems to be constantly stressed or in a bad mood. Upper management doesn't offer appropriate support in any situation and it's very easy to get the impression that they just don't care about you as a person.

There really isn't such a thing as a "promotion" at this company; just the same pay, poor hours and more work. I highly recommend any prospective employee to seriously consider their options before accepting any position with this company.

Advice to Management

It would be a good idea to start actually caring about your employees and treating them well. Otherwise you will continue to lose clients and employees on a regular basis.

10. "Optimal Health Coach"

I worked at Trotter Wellness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there were 12 days of vacation, and good pay

Cons

Misleading when they say you will receive certification in American College of Coaches, this does not exist. They will promote employees if they need to fill in position until they find someone from outside the company to fill it and then will demote you. I have seen this happen were they were only in a position for 3 weeks and then demoted. Beware of what you sign, they will have you sign written documentation stating it was your fault you were demoted when in fact it was not. They will threaten to take you to small claims court to have to pay back the $1500 back for training, when in fact there are many other employees who left before the 2 year mark who they waived the $1500.
    The owner is a micromanage, you will never know what is going on in the other departments of the company, and things change day to day, making it hard to see where they are wanting in the future.

Advice to Management

Micromanaging does not work. HR seemed nice during the interviewing phase, but that was not the case when they were questioned on policies that were contradictory to what employees were told. Your turn around rate is 50% there must be something else then employees moving on why a company of no more than 50 has such a huge turn around rate, with in the year I was there, 10 people quit. Promoting then demoting employees for no good reason is a really dirty way to build a company.