KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 88 of over 91 reviews

4.8
Trov Founder and CEO Scott Walchek
Scott Walchek
Pros
  • "Remote work, flexibility, great benefits(in 12 reviews)

• "Great work-life balance, interesting work, fun and interesting people(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I think the remote work policy will probably end(in 5 reviews)

• "career paths need(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people and work life balance

Oct 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote flexible and genuinely smart and fun people to work with.

Cons

It is a start up so be prepared to have a wide set of responsibilities. Might not be such a thing as "that isn't my job".

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great company full of talent

Oct 1, 2020 - QA Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong focus on people and communication - Trov cares about its people, and celebrates work anniversaries, birthdays (you get the day off), and the ability to hand out #trovlove anytime someone makes your day. If you have something to discuss, and want to call the CEO, no problem. Working at Trov has allowed me to work with some amazingly talented people, who show a great deal of dedication, passion and ownership in their work. It shows through in the quality of our products. Fun things like Zoom happy hours with games have made the isolation of working during a pandemic much more tolerable. Family friendly company. Transparent communication from upper management.

Cons

Priorities can shift at times which has frustrated some in the past.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Still a great place to work after all these years!

Oct 1, 2020 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intelligent, friendly, amazing people. No egos here, just a desire to collaborate and make great products. Remote work, flexibility, great benefits Did I mention the great people!

Cons

Covid has brought challenges this year, but the company has responded and is going strong, so no cons to report.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice place to work

Oct 28, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance, interesting work, fun and interesting people.

Cons

Long Hours, multiple roles, time zone differences

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, positive environment

Jun 30, 2020 - Software Test Engineer in Danville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are all so nice

Cons

I have no cons to mention

VP People Operations

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience and although we hate to lose people, we support what's best for all our employees and wish you much success in your future.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

stay away from this company

Aug 18, 2020 - Product Manager in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

smart people, lots too learn

Cons

company has no money and can lay you off anytime. early morning calls.

VP People Operations

We are always open to receiving feedback and learning how we can improve the employee experience at Trov. While the first half of 2020 was fraught with uncertainties, the company has sufficient capital to achieve its goals for years to come. We are extremely optimistic about the future of Trov. As always, we recommend you connect with Scott and your manager to discuss any concerns you have.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 28, 2020 - Marketing HTML/Web Developer in Danville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone seems very friendly and the location is really nice. The team is also understanding and flexible when you need to work from home.

Cons

Things can be very hectic and the figuring out who can give you what permissions isn't always easy.

VP People Operations

Welcome to the Team! Thank you for the feedback. We're glad you are here and hope that as time goes on things get better and better. Glad you're here!

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Won't last

Jan 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got rid of a bunch of really negative people over the past few months, including a corrupt COO. The remaining people are mostly very nice and capable. The technology is good. Work from home is a nice perk.

Cons

Poor executive management didn't make tough decisions quickly enough. The business is not getting traction. The stock option grants are very low considering the risk

9 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Leaders listen and embrace change

Jan 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Trov for just under 1 year and have seen the tremendous growth that is happening at the company. The leadership team do listen to your concerns regarding the product, customer experience or your general well being too. I have had the pleasure to see this first hand and the changes I have proposed have been assigned to be implemented. I do like that you are setup to be a success and that you can truly take initiative to improve your impact on the company. Scott the CEO is a great leader and more importantly a listener and always has time to talk and get to know the employees at Trov even if they are remote ones. I am fortunate to work out of the Danville office so I see Scott in full motion and it is a pleasure to work for him and Trov.

Cons

Nothing I have seen. As mentioned a con can alway be turned into a positive or a Pro, you just have to work at it and have a voice if you are unhappy with yourself, team or product. Everyone has a voice and no idea is laughed at or disregarded they are all taken seriously.

VP People Operations

What a great way to start off the new year. Thank you for this amazing review. It is encouraging to hear that you feel you have a voice and that people listen and respond. And I'm excited to be able to report that this week we sent All-hands (town hall) calendar invites. They will now be happening every six weeks for just the reasons you listed. Keep the feedback coming!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company

Jan 12, 2015 - Product Manager in Danville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely open company culture - the management team is open with the entire company regarding strategy/plans for the future, which helps instill a lot of trust and confidence. The company has a family-oriented culture, everyone is very close, friendly, and supportive of each other. The management team also provides liberal amounts of feedback, mostly positive, and if there is negative feedback, it's given in a way that isn't offensive or de-motivating. The management team seems to be genuinely interested in individuals' personal growth and development. Also: - Product team takes a lean, data-driven, and user-centric approach (i.e. every product decision is backed up by data and feedback from users) - Compensation/benefits is very fair - Decent work-life balance, i.e. we work hard and are driven to release quality features/products, but you are expected to have a personal life as well. - The company strategy and direction is extremely compelling - The office has an open floor plan and is very modern/cool - The team likes to go out and get dinner/drinks together quite often

Cons

Not very many, but: - No commute reimbursement - All engineers work remotely (but they are very accessible, and don't require late/early hours to communicate)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews