Trove Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Trove Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2019

5.0
Trove CEO Guy Suter (no image)
Guy Suter
  1. "Good start up"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Trove for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Lack of vision for main product

Trove2019-07-01
  2. "No regrets!"

Former Employee - Vice President of Operations in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Trove full-time for more than a year

Pros

May never find a better work situation. Great leadership, great team, great product builders. Awesome technology Inspiring mission

Cons

Couldn't figure out how to put that awesome technology to work solving problems that made a difference to users/customers. The mission was inspiring but didn't translate to real value. Had to close it all down. May have figured it out if we had more time (funding), but who knows really.

Trove2019-06-05
  3. "Great culture, coworkers and founders!!"

Former Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Trove full-time for more than a year

Pros

- awesome transparent culture - competitive salary in the area - smart and friendly coworkers

Cons

- pivots - we didn't make it

Trove2019-05-29
  4. "intern review"

Former Intern - Intern in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Trove for less than a year

Pros

People are really nice here.

Cons

Ann Arbor is too cold, and kinda nothing here.

Trove2019-02-21
  5. "One of the *good* start ups"

I have been working at Trove full-time

Pros

- Leadership seems to genuinely care about employees. When employees choose to take on new opportunities it is seen as a success. When conflict arises, all parties seem to genuinely want solution that works for everyone. - Product is REALLY interesting. It is new and there are constantly ideas being floated on how to make it better and more interactive. - Located right downtown Ann Arbor in great corworking space (beincahoots.com). Subsidized parking is available and there are a lot of great places to walk to eat or go out after work. - Coworkers are great. Not sure how leadership did it, but Trove has a range of employee ages and interests and yet the least amount of gossip of any place I have ever worked. There are a lot of people who I would not hangout with outside of work, but I appreciate what they bring to the team and I am happy I get to work with them. - Flexible work hours. Some people get in at 7am others don't arrive until 10am. No one tracks your hours, it is just understood that you have a full-time workload and managers work with their team members to ensure expectations are being met.

Cons

- Start up = uncertainty. Because this is not an established company, there is a level of uncertainty. As long as you are aware of this and okay with it, there isn't anything to worry about. - Some positions have lower than average wages due to this being a smaller startup organization. There is the potential to gain equity options to offset this. I think it will improve as the company gains momentum.

Trove2019-01-04
  6. "Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Trove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work with really talented people - Flexible schedule and hours - Tech stack freedom. My team was always able to chose the best tool for the job. Good devs want to use good tools. - Great culture

Cons

- No 401k options - Pay is not that competitive - Still exploring better ways of communicating product changes to everyone

Trove2018-08-19
  7. "Awesome team, really great culture"

I have been working at Trove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is really great to work with, the environment is low stress, and the tech stack is very modern.

Cons

I wish we had a 401k.

Trove2018-02-02
  8. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Trove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Startup atmosphere * Ability to make an impact * Learn something new every day * Work on a cool product that you'll actually use * The team is amazing, with a bunch of interesting and very smart people * The founders are always on the lookout for their next cool project (right now, it's the Cahoots workspace, but there's always been something or other in the works since I've started) * Grow and develop in your career * Feel involved and close camaraderie with other team members * Work closely with the founders * High impact employees are recognized and rewarded * Employees may have opportunities to earn equity * Amazing brand and company ethos.

Cons

* No 401k * Lack of diversity * Lower than market pay (not ideal, but not uncommon for pre-revenue startups) This isn't a con for me, but the company is continuously figuring out what it's doing. If you're the kind of person that prefers stability and certainty, Trove might not be for you. But if you're the kind of person that is excited by the process of figuring out what's next, it could be right up your alley.

Trove2018-01-08

"Not your average start-up"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Trove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coming from a larger corporation, I was worried about most cons you read about start-ups prior to joining Trove. Late hours, expected to wear many hats, not enough direction, lack of funding, etc. I haven't experienced any of that at Trove. You are expected to pull your weight, but in a comfortable, meaningful and satisfying way. They want you to do you and be happy while you're doing it. - Incredibly flexible hours and remote work options - Competitive pay - Top of the line Macbooks (if you so choose), sit stand desks - Cutting edge technology stack with plenty of on boarding to get you familiar - All teams practice a modern software development process (weekly sprints, daily stands, retro's) - Paths for career advancement - Beer club on Friday's - Very reasonably priced benefits (medical, dental, vision) - In the process of building an office space with more amenities than I could ever expect.

Cons

- Its not clear when I can expect a performance review - Lack of diversification is a big one - Desks could be larger, feels a little cramped - Building is under constructions (and will be for quite some time it appears) - No 401k - Benefits in general could be better (e.g. no orthodontia for dental insurance) - Snow removal in the alley is non-existent and a safety hazard

Trove2017-12-30

"At home in Ann Arbor"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Trove for more than a year

Pros

Trove has become a home to me, everyone is extremely friendly and talented making you feel like you work for a company that can do anything. Management takes company values very seriously and is transparent, making you feel like the work you is for people close to you than a corporate name.

Cons

Could be a more diverse workplace but management is aware and taking necessary steps to improve which is good to see.

Trove2017-12-28