Troxell Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Gregory D. Cessna

1. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Troxell Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful, supportive culture that fosters personal and professional growth. I have received so much encouragement and positive reinforcement from my superiors and support staff that is so unusual to find with any employer.

Cons

CRM and business systems are out of date and make administrative work more time consuming than necessary.

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Troxell Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of products and services to sell. Great vendors, distributors and business partners to work with and lots of opportunity.

Cons

Lack of some support servies for day to day operations. Lack of focus with business plans

3. "Disappointed with what could have been a great opportunity."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vernon, CT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Vernon, CT

I worked at Troxell Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, opportunity to earn commission, home office, no competition between reps - protected territory. Great place to build relationships in the ed tech industry.

Cons

Very poor training, lack of support. Sales management lacks leadership and mentoring skills. Great potential to earn IF you are an industry veteran. Not a great company to work for if you have no ed tech experience.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the needs of individual reps; help them to help you penetrate school districts.

"Are you listening?"

Current Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Troxell Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros. Let's see here... Not really any micromanaging, that's a plus in my book. The job is super easy and not challenging. And you can, for the most part, be yourself while doing your job, meaning go at your own pace.

Cons

I feel invisible and under appreciated. I get paid primarily to clean up after the sales representatives. I work in accounting and from what research I have done, I am extremely under paid. While the sales reps put a smile on and give a firm handshake to the customer, I'm doing all the blunt work. These Representatives are constantly celebrated and praised for their "hard work" while we sit back in this office working day to day cleaning up their many mistakes. They refuse to take responsibility and blame us all the time. They get all the perks and what do we get? Theirs 2 events a year they we get rewarded with, in the middle of the work week. "Hey you guys are doing great, so why don't you attend this giant important celebration that will last until 3 Am and you must arrive at work the next day at 6 AM." Yeah... thanks.

I am very efficient with my job. Every task I am given, I complete by the deadline. I go above and beyond and learn new tasks whenever needed.

The major con of this business is how badly the real hard workers back in the office are treated. The sales reps might get you your business, but the only reason the customers stay, is because of us.

Advice to Management

Give your office workers more respect. Treat them better.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Troxell Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice. Schedule is perfect. Safe and secure place to work. I personally like Troxell but I don't see myself going anywhere with this company.

Cons

Compensation and reviews are horrible. There is no room for advancement in the company. My drive is way too far.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly. Give them honest reviews and reward them for their hard work. That is all I have to say.

"Sales Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Troxell Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, support in vertical and horizontal growth, and a lot of new opportunities to get involved if you are hungry.

Cons

Poor management, and low pay.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Troxell Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to work from my home office. The company is mostly full of nice people and the vendors are very nice and helpful. They sell just about every product known to man, so you have a chance at most opportunities

Cons

There was very little support. As a company, they expect you to not only do sales, but do your own order input, quotes, receivable and collection of invoices and all your own customer service, all while being in the field 40 hours a week and having a huge territory that takes hours to drive.

Advice to Management

Better support would make the job much easier and bring in more revenue.

"Working at Troxell allowed me to create great personal and professional relationships, while promoting exciting products"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Post Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Post Falls, ID

I worked at Troxell Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Troxell allows you to run your territory as your own business. Building vendor relationships and a customer base that leans on you to present a solution to their problem(s).

Cons

Though the compensation starts with a base to get you up and running, eventually it becomes straight commission. For some straight commission is ok, to others, it is very uncertain. If your market/territory takes a financial downturn, it can add a lot of unwanted stress.

Advice to Management

Need to send a consistent message

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Support from the management team and from vendors. Unlimited compensation from both Troxell and vendors. Company is growing and investing in employees and itself. Work from home.

Cons

Very large territories, a lot of travel and time to really be successful. Benefits are ok.

"Great Company."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Troxell Communications full-time

Pros

Lots of product support from within company and from vendor reps.
    Unlimited earning potential
    Sales staff can make their own schedule (as long as you succeed within that schedule)
    Opportunity to learn all ends of the business.
    Rewarding work in the K-16 vertical

Cons

Sales people (successful ones) are generally working 50-60 hr/weeks.
    Insurance isn't very good (typical of a smaller company)