Troy International Reviews | Glassdoor

Jason Malone

"Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Troy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The preliminary interview is brief to see a persons experience and qualifications. The 2nd Round interview is the greatest thing I have ever seen. Who gets to see what job they would be performing for the entry level before they are given the job or take the job. It truly takes away any questions, wasting time on not knowing and candidates that are not qualified to be offered a position. The 3rd round is a quick recap of all the different interviews. I think that every company should do this type of interview process....almost everyone has been to an interview and got a job, than realized they didn't like the job or didn't expect it to be the way it is. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

I see no cons in the interview process!! I could see some that has more of a negative outlook thinking it is a long process. For the positive and optimistic people they will definitely see this as investing a short time into seeing what their possible future career will be about.

Advice to Management

Awesome interview process!!

"waste of time"

Current Employee - Sales Man in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Man in New York, NY

I have been working at Troy International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE. nothing good to say about it

Cons

In don't even know where to begin. I am pretty sure the good reviews on this site come from the scammers that work there.

Advice to Management

it was a bunch of lies to keep you working like a freaking slave, even on weekends. no benefits and lousy salaries.

3. "Good environment."

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

Pros

I worked for this company for 8 months before going back to europe. Marketing sales company with different campaigns, mostly business to business. I didnt know much about sales but they offered a complete training. Good experience

Cons

I had some problems to adapt to their schedule. They used to start really early at 8:00 am

5. "Definitely a different place to work at."

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Troy International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy around the office is busy, excited, and fun. There is always fun music playing versus, which liven's things up. Definitely a better way to come to work in the morning!

Cons

Some people don't know how to balance work and fun. Those people don't last long, but it's unfortunate because most companies don't care if you enjoy what your doing. They learn that the hard way I guess...

"Give It A Try!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Troy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few months back I ran into a ad on Indeed for a marketing position, I didn't have any experience in this field at all, but what attracted me the most in this ad was that Troy International offered training for none experienced people. I decided to give it a try, the first round interview was a very simple sit down just to let them know a little bit about myself. After, the first round interview I was told I would receive a call if they were interested. I received a call back, I came in the next day for a second round interview I went out with one of their representatives that already worked for Troy. I had a great time out in the field because they allowed me to make mistakes without anyone yelling at me! Also, I loved the fact this whole second round interview was hands on experience.

Cons

Everyday is business professional attire, there are no casual Fridays!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training!

"Love this place!"

I have been working at Troy International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast track to Management, Great team environment, Management doesn't micromanage it's employees.

Cons

Moves really fast, considerable amount of pressure(good or bad).

Advice to Management

Never stop working as hard as you do and thank you for believing in me when no one else did.

"Awesome opportunity"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at Troy International (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great way to start off your career in the sales and marketing career,you are also given the opportunity to climb your way up the corporate ladder to management In less then a year if you really take the job seriously

Cons

The only thing I can think of right now is there is constant change that happens once in awhile which is to be expected at times since its a marketing company but it may catch a person off guard who doesn't like change in the working world

"A complete scam & I fell for it..."

I have been working at Troy International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros because everything they tell you is a lie.

Cons

The products they are selling are all scams. There on Ripoffreport.com They don't pay you. They still owe me my last 10 checks. Always one excuse or another.

Advice to Management

Get a real job!

10. "If You Need a Second Chance Fast Track to a Career, this Could be for You"

I have been working at Troy International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone hired has the opportunity to open and manage their own office in roughly a year's time. The culture of the company is based on training, performance, expansion, and literally constant recruiting. They have an extremely scalable model. In the office, what they call "Atmosphere" really is a lot of fun and gets you psyched to go out and hit the streets in the morning. There is also a huge training culture and they teach a system that is proven in its effectiveness to sell products on the spot in person. I was selling low-rate credit card processing for a company called Pivotal Payments. Other sales campaigns they run include cell phones, Verizon Fios, and energy.

Cons

The job is commission only, which for people with limited to no sales background makes it difficult to get started. I saw people go two full weeks without closing a deal ($100). Also, once you get promoted to a corporate trainer and are tasked with developing a team, your only incentive for developing them is a future promotion, there are no overrides. Also no residuals whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent about the nature of the job. You may consider vetting candidates more heavily over the phone. Slow down the sales pitch nature of the interview. I was extremely suspicious of the initial interview, thinking it must be a scam or something, simply because of the way the position was presented. Advertise for people without college degrees who played sports at a high level in high school. This is certainly not a job that requires a college degree.

11. "Fast track to management!"

Pros

Great company to work at. They are very big on following a well put system, maintaining a positive attitude, and more importantly work ethic. That being said, if you are result driven and have a good student mentality, this is the right place to challenge yourself.
    Before starting at Troy, I never thought for one minute I would get over my shyness.
    Great work atmosphere. Super grateful.

Cons

One of my biggest challenges when I first started was waking up early in the morning. However, it becomes easier as you get used to it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and spread the opportunity.