TruGreen Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA Area

3.2
David Alexander

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working outside is better than being stuck in a cramped factory or office (in 44 reviews)

• Vary Good pay good people to work for easy job vary Good benefits it's like a big family and they do what they can to help you (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Becomes repetitive doing door to door (in 46 reviews)

• long hours no matter the weather (in 112 reviews)

1. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Spray Tech in Loganville, GA
    Current Employee - Spray Tech in Loganville, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the hours. Monday -Thursday and I get to spend the whole weekend with my family. The work environment is amazing

Cons

The pay could be better. I made more money cutting yards than I do spraying them and fertilizing. I made more money siting on a zero turn than I do walking spraying and fertilizing yards

Aug 30, 2017 – Human Resources

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the pay/benefits at TruGreen. We strive to be competitive and offer the best compensation packages to our employees. Thank you for taking the time to... More

2. "TruGreen is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trugreen is a Great company and great management. They really seem to care about their employees. I would definitely for them again.

Cons

The hours were my only concern. You don't have much for your family and outside life. That's how it was when I was in sales.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job keep it up

Aug 22, 2017 – Content Marketer

Thank you for the positive feedback. When you choose TruGreen, you choose to work with a collection of experts, and we're happy you're on our team!

3. "Good place to Work"

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Acworth, GA
    Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Acworth, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to learn about lawm care.The guys that work there really care about what they do. Good place to work.

Cons

Some days are long and hard , but you find a way to get through it. Wouldn't mind seeing management morr involved with customer service

Advice to Management

Making better attempts to follow up with customer service .

4. "My life art trugreen"

Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Acworth, GA
    Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Acworth, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get good Benifits,guaranteed overtime,You also get holiday pay and you start to build up paid vacation time as soon as you start...

Cons

Some days you work long hours and every now and then you have to deal with an angry Customer but you ruin into to that everywhere you go.

Aug 3, 2017 – Content Marketer

Your feedback is much appreciated. We pride ourselves on offering a competitive benefits package to our employees. Thank you for acknowledging the things we do well.

5. "Excellent company. Pay is decent. Workload can be over the top sometimes but who doesn't like a challenge."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and a stable company to work for. Excellent training and further learning and room for advancement. Overall this is a great company to work for and have treated me fairly.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive to other companies. New technology still in beta form with a lot of room for improvement

Advice to Management

Remember that we work at a branch level and need more freedom and flexibility for the market we are in.

"ok"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Acworth, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Acworth, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the people that work there. Feel part of family

Cons

Hours bad, consistency bad, customer service terrible option for career

Advice to Management

Reduce Employee turnover, happy employees create happy customers.

"Inside/Outside Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay is all i can think of for a pro for this job

Cons

There are soooo many, where should I begin. They only pay .20/mile for miles when the avg is .53/mile. There are 6 day workweeks/46 hr min workweek.you will probably be doing more outside sales than inside sales bc they let the veterans do all the inside sales. Outside sales mean working in the heat and eating out daily. The job itself is not hard, but bc they have messed up so many yards its hard to convenience ppl to try it again. You cold call ppl from a list that is not updated, so you and a coworker may call the same person multiple times a day and they dont honor a cust req to be put on do not call list. Very pushy sales tactics.Oh and the commission is horrible!!!!! Must sale at least $4500+ just to make $500 commission check.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Have better training and a better commission scale. Go to 40 hr workweek not 46 hrs and 6 days.Offer better mileage reimbursement...UPDATE THE CALLING LIST, OR GIVE REPS COMPUTERS TO KEEP CALLING LIST UPDATED!!! AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES WHEN THEY GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE INSTEAD OF BRUSHING THEM OFF. Also have a company vehicle for outside reps to use. It looks more professional and cld help increase sales.

"I was hired in the beginning of the year for the sales position. Everything seemed fine.but that quickly changed."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outside. And that is it. There is nothing to pro about this company. They just want to keep their pockets full of money and not worry about the employees and customers

Cons

The company does whatever it takes to make a quick buck. The technicians don't do a good job. In return makes it difficult for the sales team to do their job. The hours are horrible. Start late, end late. Don't believe them when they say you only work Monday-Friday.
    They give us extremely high numbers to hit and we never do. We make the most sales in the region by 50+ weekly and we have never seen a Saturday off as a team. You are expected to come to work early everyday and if you get to work late.. which is 20 minutes before work you get written up. If you don't make enough sales, you get written up. I would stay far away from this company. They lie to the employees and to the customers. They will work you like no tomorrow and then fire you the next day. I hope you enjoy cold calling people 30 times as a sales team. Getting cussed out. Cops called on you. Angry clients.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will make you sales

9. "Great job"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austell, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training was a week and in full detail! No one gets left behind. The gm and sales manager are constantly making sure everyone feels comfortable and are up to speed. Great people, pay, and benefits!

Cons

Like any sales job, there's an off season where you aren't making as much

Advice to Management

The management is great! They definitely care!

"Not very customer service friendly"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Duluth, GA

I worked at TruGreen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a paycheck and decent benefits

Cons

Not good customer service friendly. Does customers wrong. Knowingly ignore customers when damage to their property and unwilling to compensate them.

Advice to Management

Better customer service

Showing 29 of 1,027 reviews