What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good and overtime" (in 215 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and 401K" (in 120 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great and very fun group to work with very supportive of each other." (in 102 reviews)
- "They pay well for training and if you sell the commission is good." (in 61 reviews)
- "You can definitely make good money and it is a fun atmosphere if you make it that way." (in 58 reviews)
- "Long hours for only 15 a hour and you have to get a sale a week" (in 164 reviews)
- "Poor management . . ." (in 141 reviews)
- "Poor training and then just throw you out there to figure it out but still expect you to be instantly efficient." (in 64 reviews)
- "Long hours 6 days aweek outside rain or shine going door to door at least 4 hours a night cold calling" (in 49 reviews)
- "No work life balance... and they do NOT care!" (in 45 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of TruGreen and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,483 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Sep 1, 2023Retention SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLititz, PA
Listen, I was in the postion at some point where I was taking any job life could throw at me. Trugreen was the first to call back. The recruiter was nice and she gave me the basic explanation of what the job was, and I thought,"Hey, this'll be easy." so I accepted. The first 2 weeks were your usual video call with the trainer in a class of people just the same. I was excited to help people. I never had a job with VTO (Voluntary time off) before and it was cool to have. I loved the friendly people I worked with. We were able to bring in a second monitor and other office equipment.
In terms of cons, they far out way the pros. First off, the website they show in training is set up differently than the one they actually have on the website, so get ready to relearn on your own where everything is on the actual website. After week 3, you will go home absolutely EXHAUSTED, like your brain will feel like it's made of oatmeal. Turnover is so high for this position for a reason, $16 an hour is not enough for picking up the slack of others. On top of that, every SINGLE thing you is tracked, and if you go over the 25 second "courtesy" aftercall, and have to use additional aftercall, you'll get emails for it on a daily. Back to the website, be prepared to restart either your computer and/or the website several times a day.
TruGreen Reviews FAQs
TruGreen has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 2,523 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at TruGreen to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
46% of TruGreen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TruGreen 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.