Truckstop.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Truckstop.com Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2019

Found 102 reviews

4.0
Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole (no image)
Paris Cole
Pros
  • "Very talented group of people that work hard, but maintain and appreciate a work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "I was snatched up into the sales team by a C level(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some growing pains as Truckstop(in 14 reviews)

• "It would be nice to have a food service provided at the rest of the organization locations and not just at New Plymouth, ID(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"As good as it gets!"

Current Employee - Expansion Manager

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uncapped commissions. awesome work environment, excellent work life balance and room for growth from within.

Cons

A rapidly growing tech company will always experience growing pains so processes and procedures can be ever-changing requiring employees to be flexible and understanding.

Truckstop.com2018-12-17

Truckstop.com Response

January 28, 2019Truckstop.com

Dear Partner, We are so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. Yes, we are indeed in rapid growth and the leadership at Truckstop is 100% committed to ensuring we do it right. This starts with us understanding where we are headed and how our roles ...

"Great people, great management, great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Cons

Geographically dispersed groups are sometimes challenging.

Truckstop.com2019-06-11

"Company Sales and Morale in a tailspin"

Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company makes payroll every two weeks

Cons

Poor sales strategy, inconsistent messaging, no new products in years, unqualified senior sales management. Numbers are way down. While part of this could be the industry, most is attributed to the lack of leadership. Senior Management uncorked the champagne bottles and have been bragging of "lots of cash" since the IQONIC acquisition. Meanwhile sales staff are in a daily knife fight to hit an average 60% of quota... attainment. Morale is at an all time low. New logo reps can't position the product properly and Expansion reps are simply forcing upgrades based on user count and new pricing. Both methods are unsustainable for healthy growth. Management still looks the other way when questionable ethics are being practiced, as long as revenue is the result.

Advice to Management

Spend some silicon valley money on new product development and marketing. Give salespeople realistic numbers to hit while actually creating value for the client. Don't brag of having "too much cash" when the sales floor is struggling.

Truckstop.com2019-08-02

"I can no longer recommend this company..."

I worked at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

This used to be a great company that rewarded top performers and valued its partners. It’s just not anymore... The “bonus” was pretty amazing until it became obvious this was a severance package.

Cons

I worked in expansion sales and saw my job go from strategic sales to an entry level call center employee. I would’ve understood the changes that were made if things were obviously broken, but they weren’t. Our group went from being very profitable with the freedom to be creative to overnight being micromanaged to the point of insanity and having no possible way to hit your monthly quota. I’m very thankful I... was able to find a new job because that sales floor in Boise is one of the most depressing environments I’ve ever worked in. Before I left I saw many of my coworkers actively updating their resumes on the sales floor. We literally lost all opportunity to be successful and nobody communicated what was going on. It’s sad because when I started working there the environment was anything but depressing. We used to have so much fun! If you are thinking about working there stay away from expansion sales. That whole department is now set up to fail. You will feel like you are a complete failure constantly. I saw many of my friends who were top performers get demoted. The only reason I was able to stay after the changes they made was because of the large bonus I was given by Scott Moscrip. He was awesome! I wish he still had some say in the company. I really think he would be shocked to see what they are doing to some really good people who I got to know. It used to be a big family and there seemed to be boundless optimism. Oh well, I guess all good things must come to an end eventually.

Advice to Management

I don’t have any advice for management in Boise. They tried to help me do well and be successful. I believe they to see the writing on the wall and will probably leave soon. I think they are commission based but I never asked. I can’t imagine them staying if they are. I mean gosh everybody in their department is constantly under performing to no fault of their own.

Truckstop.com2019-07-23

"Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've had the privilege of working for multiple Billion dollar companies, but none have given me the opportunities or cared for my own well being, nearly as much as Truckstop.com has. Whether you want growth opportunities, money or to simply feel like you're part of something bigger, Truckstop has it all covered. Its ideal for anyone who enjoys a fast paced environment, and thrives on goal oriented tasks.

Cons

Changes can be abrupt and leave some questions unanswered at times, but thats to be expected when a company is growing at the velocity that we are.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen - Continue to be open - Continue to appreciate

Truckstop.com2019-05-23

"Great Company"

Former Employee - SMB Account Executive in Boise, ID

I worked at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company and upward trajectory excellent upper management

Cons

Favoritism within department willingness of current management to break rules to meet targets

Truckstop.com2019-05-20

"Suffering from DSD: Distracted, hopelessly stressed and disconnected"

Former Employee - Partner

I worked at Truckstop.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

During my tenure at Truckstop.com I encountered a lot of pros. The biggest being the people. The majority of the partners that have worked and do work at this company are amazing and top notch in their field. Most have high integrity and standards of the way they choose to do business. Additionally the company itself has a great vision statement of how they want to be seen and interact within the transportation... industry, "to make the lives of those they encounter better." It's an admirable vision and one that most of the partners truly embrace.

Cons

There is a lack of focus and understanding of what is required to hit substantial goals amongst the Executive Leadership team. Very rarely is a goal put in place that is backed up with sufficient data to ensure that the goal itself is actually achievable. This company has some of the greatest minds in the industry at it's fingertips but it chooses to put a "hope" of growth before the sound knowledge of the data... they hold. This "hope" mentality is funneled down into service, success, marketing and sales without asking for realistic feedback. The leaders in these areas are forced to create opportunity where often the well has run dry.

Advice to Management

Utilize the data that you have, be realistic and take care of your people. At the end of the day the value of a company is directly on the back of those that are entrusted to take care of your greatest asset, your customers.

Truckstop.com2019-05-21

"Account Executive New Logo"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is amazing! It starts at the top - servant leadership at its best! The CEO knows your name. We have such an awesome product and the company truly cares about their customers. We just received a bonus of 1yrs salary. They have a peer nominated CEO award (trip to Mexico) that is given to partners. We have fun and our team feels like family!

Cons

No training to speak of. Outside hires for management positions instead of promoting from within.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture! Middle management needs to model behavior from C-levels. Promote from within especially in sales. There is so much talent in the BDR's and they understand culture and company!

Truckstop.com2019-04-27

"Great company to be apart of if you are willing to give it your all."

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, Great vacation time and PTO benefits. Quota relief to match. Most of the leadership team is very receptive to new ideas. I feel highly valued from the CEO all the way down to my direct managers.

Cons

Sales training areas are under construction while we build a clear path to success. Any prospective sales employees need to be ready and willing to make changes on a moments notice while we develop/refine our processes. Not a lot of one on one coaching so you also need to be very self sufficient. Most of your training and learning will come from your peers which is both good and bad.

Advice to Management

Keep refining the training and sales processes and eventually things will be a little easier for new sales reps to hit the ground running.

Truckstop.com2019-04-15

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are a partner, not an employee. Mission, Vision & Values are held at a high standard and are recognizable throughout the company. The leadership is incredibly humble, and easy to collaborate with. As a partner at Truckstop.com your role is to make an impact and become a valuable contributor to your team and the customers that Truckstop.com serves.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep being supportive and available to your teams.

Truckstop.com2019-04-15