Truckstop.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Truckstop.com Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2019

3.9
Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole (no image)
Paris Cole

"Building something great"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truckstop.com is a sustained fixture in the industry. The product is ever improving in the right way and is not resting on past success. Leadership is listening and making investments to have a stronger culture and make Truckstop.com an increasingly more desirable place to work. Truckstop.com values families and service in the community.

Cons

There are some growing pains as Truckstop.com is moving to a more mature enterprise level company. There are still some struggles getting movement from the "old way" of doing things to more efficient processes.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to find ways to attract talent, invest in and develop your current employees. The vision for the company and the suite of products is inspiring to reach for. I am excited to be a part of it.

Truckstop.com2018-05-18

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time

Pros

Great starting pay. Everyone is pleasant to work with.

Cons

Lack of communication with major changes.

Truckstop.com2018-05-21

"IT department has instability and insecurity"

I worked at Truckstop.com full-time

Pros

Shipping logistics is a fun business. Company has some fun, good natured, people.

Cons

Speaking for the IT department, though I suspect the same in other departments, ones status in the company and their job responsibilities are not always clear. It's crazy busy but hard work, good results, and excellent internal reviews doesn't result in job security. Staff works very long hours but are marginalized and moved around like pawns. Seemingly everyone who produces in IT is under some sort of scrutiny... without justification or mentoring. Executive decisions and restructuring is contributing to instability. Multiple leads have left. I anticipate many more.

Truckstop.com2018-05-20

"Growing, Learning, Enjoying"

Current Employee - Product Owner

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truckstop.com is one of those companies that make you wonder why more places don't take the honest, hungry, yet conservative approach to their business. Working here, I have seen their values usurp any negativity. Pros List: + Genuine, respectful leadership + Excitement to do the right thing + Aggressive Success-orientated mindset - "play to win" + Growing/Evolving Technical team with excellent ambition +... Plenty of opportunities to be part of giant initiatives and amazing projects

Cons

A list of opportunities: - most cons are standard to all companies / corporations - compensation is fair but company policies around raises are not in line with SaaS standards - implementing excellent ideas takes too long (standard mature company "woe")

Advice to Management

+ Continue to recognize top performers and allow them to take the company to the next level through speed of trust and clearing the path where need be. Also, do not lose your values, morals and ethics. + Review your performance assessment methods and adjust accordingly per role and department. + Don't stifle excitement, guide it.

Truckstop.com2018-03-09

"Growing Company with Opportunities for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture. - Fun work environment. - Lots of opportunity to grow - Hard work is rewarded

Cons

- Communication between offices sometimes lacks - Growing pains

Advice to Management

Stay focused and continue growing responsibly. Focus on development and improving our current product offerings.

Truckstop.com2018-03-13

"Best job ever!!"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing, fun, positive environment to work. Everyone makes you feel welcome and like your part of a family right from the beginning. Awesome earning potential as well 60k+ in sales and earning 100k per year is very possible.

Cons

Nada, zero, zilch! Not a single con

Advice to Management

Nothing, you're all doing fantastic and I'm happy to be here!

"Amazing Company!!"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

They take really great care of their employees. Room to grow within the company. Constantly getting better from an operational stand point.

Cons

1 year in and I still haven't found one!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Truckstop.com2018-03-08

"Growing Company with Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Growth opportunities -Great culture -Wonderful leadership and team dynamics -Great work/life balance -You can make a difference

Cons

-Growing Pains -Continually changing of focus. This has greatly improved over the last year.

Advice to Management

-Continue to have open communication of where we are heading and the plan for the future.

Truckstop.com2018-03-08

"Great culture and leadership"

Current Employee - Dev Ops in Fox River Grove, IL

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear company vision Fair compensation Fun work environment Room for career growth and support in personal development

Cons

some growing pains due to expansion but no real complaints

Advice to Management

The family culture and clear communications of goals and performance from the executive team are what make this place different and a great place to work.

Truckstop.com2018-02-14

"Excellent Company Positioned for Massive Growth"

Current Employee - Product Owner

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truckstop.com is in the business of offering revolutionary software products to the transportation industry. Working for a 22+ year old company that still strives to disrupt the market and bring innovative solutions is exciting and encouraging. The leadership team knows their WHY [~Simon Sinek, "What's your why"], and our WHY is to help our customers grow their business. Truckstop.com is employee focused with... good benefits, great team building events, and opportunity for growth. The company empowers their employees to provide solutions, solve problems, and contribute in meaningful ways. The company does a great job with communicating vision and goals on a regular basis, along with employee recognition.

Cons

1. The company does not yet offer a profit-sharing model or stock options. 2. The compassion of the company can sometimes enable employees who are not qualified to remain in their positions after it becomes evident that they may not be suited for their role.

Advice to Management

1. Evaluate the viability of employee stock options and/or profit sharing. 2. Benchmark your employee benefits and compensation against other SaaS companies of similar size.

Truckstop.com2018-02-14