Truckstop.com Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Truckstop.com Sales Reviews

Updated Oct 15, 2019

2.6
Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole (no image)
Paris Cole

"Growth and Change"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stagnate process does not exists leadership is always trying new ways to help individuals win Leadership makes the floor fun, shows that they care. Changed quotas mid year for the us as reps Partners are great to come to work with each day. Genuinely care about each other which starts at the top.

Cons

High velocity system is not set at appropriate ratios. High Growth Companies need to have constant change and partners including myself can struggle with this at time- Human nature is to avoid change.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for success from the partners while holding them accountable to what we can control. Continue to Celebrate success that partners feel and achieve.

Truckstop.com2019-10-15

"Company Sales and Morale in a tailspin"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company makes payroll every two weeks

Cons

Poor sales strategy, inconsistent messaging, no new products in years, unqualified senior sales management. Numbers are way down. While part of this could be the industry, most is attributed to the lack of leadership. Senior Management uncorked the champagne bottles and have been bragging of "lots of cash" since the IQONIC acquisition. Meanwhile sales staff are in a daily knife fight to hit an average 60% of quota... attainment. Morale is at an all time low. New logo reps can't position the product properly and Expansion reps are simply forcing upgrades based on user count and new pricing. Both methods are unsustainable for healthy growth. Management still looks the other way when questionable ethics are being practiced, as long as revenue is the result.

Advice to Management

Spend some silicon valley money on new product development and marketing. Give salespeople realistic numbers to hit while actually creating value for the client. Don't brag of having "too much cash" when the sales floor is struggling.

Truckstop.com2019-08-02

"Bad Company and Sales Management!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Lunch and free coffee

Cons

They have a Sales organization that is quite dysfunctional. Will try any ploy to screw the customer out of any money they can. The call center employees lie and cheat. Sales management needs a very serious overhaul.

Advice to Management

Hire new Sales Management that has some level of integrity.

Truckstop.com2019-02-19

February 25, 2019Truckstop.com

Dear Partner, Thank you for your feedback. We have new sales leadership on board who are fully committed to ensuring customer success and equipping the sales teams with the tools to not only do what is best for the customer, but also, with full integrity. I encourage you to reach out to your People & Culture Business Partner in Boise to share your concerns as we take this feedback very seriously. As you know, we have taken action to address any issues such as this and to ensure we are living our values in the sales organization and across the organization. Victoria Roberts Chief People & Culture Officer

"Awesome company"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The company genuinely cares about employees. -The executive team is has integrity and is made up of honest good people. -Super stable and profitable company -stealth mode - the company is wildly successful and growing crazy fast. But they don't broadcast it. -tons of opportunity, I know several people that have had multiple promotions within 12 months time. -really nice culture, people are treated with... respect

Cons

-Sometimes the strategy changes fast and it is not well communicated through all the offices (New Plymouth, Boise, Phoenix, Chicago, Toronto) -Transitioning from small family-run company to modern larger company can be painful for some people. -requires change and adaption from current employees, if that is difficult for you, this will be a hard place.

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Be more open about what changes need to happen, even if they are scary or difficult.

Truckstop.com2018-02-15

February 27, 2018VP HR and OD

Thank you for your comments and we are glad that you see the positives of our dynamic and growing company. We are committed to regular and candid communications and have enhanced the communications even as we started the new year.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Culture. Truckstop is such a great place to work! Work hard. Play hard. I feel as though everyone is heard and the company is ever evolving to something very special.

Cons

Maybe truckstop is growing too fast and putting people is positions that do not allow them to unleash their true talents.

Advice to Management

Keep trucking towards being the most powerful technology provide in the entire industry and hopefully we can take over the world! :)

Truckstop.com2018-02-14

February 27, 2018VP HR and OD

Thank you for your comments and enthusiasm which shows through your response.

"Great Company to Work and Grow With!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truckstop presents an amazing culture to work in. Everyone in the company is very supportive of one another and you are never left unprepared. The company is very diverse and individuals of all backgrounds are welcomed. Truckstop management promotes growth and development at every employee level and provides an open door policy. Truckstop as a company is growing rapidly; as with any growth, there are growing pains.... The management team is aware of this and makes a magnificent effort to make these growing pains seamless and positive for all employees. Truckstop truly is an incredible company to work for. Anyone who has the opportunity to work here will undoubtedly love the experience and grow in their respective professional field.

Cons

I wouldn't say there really is a con. All employees must be ready for change and present an ability to successfully and effectively deal with ambiguity. Being a part of a company that is growing and evolving in to something great is not for everyone, as there is a lot of change and adaption involved. If you can do this, sticking with Truckstop will bring much success to all employees. The company provides a truly... positive atmosphere through the changes and is worth the challenges of a fast past environment.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture through all of the growth! As the company continues to grow and expand operations, it would be great to see the culture remain the same and management to keep their open door policy.

Truckstop.com2017-06-29

August 13, 2017VP HR and OD

Thank you for your thoughtful input. We are growing and agree that keeping our strong culture is key now and for our future. We believe our values differentiate us.

"great people Great Place"

Current Employee - Sales in New Plymouth, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission. The CEO and Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. This is the definition of what a team should be. I have never come across such company who has all the great qualities of Culture, and accessible Management

Cons

some promotions are given to outside hire when there are great candidates in house .

Advice to Management

As the company grows make sure that we keep the culture of a small company with the process of a large company

Truckstop.com2017-06-29

"SAAS Sales"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product is legitimate, market is infinite and the company seems poised to become a major player.

Cons

Growing pains (good problem to have). There are your usual detractors that do not have a "sales" or "growth" mentality. They will get left behind as this company will look completely different in 1, 2 and 5 years.

Advice to Management

Do not stifle creativity or aggressive salespeople. As long as a salesperson has integrity and decent moral value, let them do what they are paid to do. Crush quota.

Truckstop.com2017-03-25

April 27, 2017VP HR & OD

Thank you for sharing your ideas and your passion for growing the business! The Company is committed to building a great brand customers can trust, and partners can take pride in.

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in New Plymouth, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, with great opportunities to advance, and grow.

Cons

Some decisions can be hasty, and executed poorly.

Truckstop.com2017-03-08

March 17, 2017VP HR & OD

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and suggestions.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, AL

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time

Pros

I love the team and the momentum we have going! Ive been there ten years and counting. Want to retire here ....hopefully last job Ill have.

Cons

We are in demand at this season of our company growth. Its a good thing but very demanding at times. Travel can be extensive in sales.

Truckstop.com2016-11-21