Truckstop.com "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Truckstop.com Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Oct 15, 2019

4.0
Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole (no image)
Paris Cole
Pros
  • "Very talented group of people that work hard, but maintain and appreciate a work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some growing pains as Truckstop(in 15 reviews)

• "It would be nice to have a food service provided at the rest of the organization locations and not just at New Plymouth, ID(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"As good as it gets!"

Current Employee - Expansion Manager

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uncapped commissions. awesome work environment, excellent work life balance and room for growth from within.

Cons

A rapidly growing tech company will always experience growing pains so processes and procedures can be ever-changing requiring employees to be flexible and understanding.

Truckstop.com2018-12-17

January 28, 2019Truckstop.com

Dear Partner, We are so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. Yes, we are indeed in rapid growth and the leadership at Truckstop is 100% committed to ensuring we do it right. This starts with us understanding where we are headed and how our roles contribute directly to our vision, then we have to create the conditions to do what you do best! Thank you for choosing Truckstop to grow an EPIC career! We are better because of you! All the best, Victoria Roberts Chief of People & Culture Officer

"Building something great"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truckstop.com is a sustained fixture in the industry. The product is ever improving in the right way and is not resting on past success. Leadership is listening and making investments to have a stronger culture and make Truckstop.com an increasingly more desirable place to work. Truckstop.com values families and service in the community.

Cons

There are some growing pains as Truckstop.com is moving to a more mature enterprise level company. There are still some struggles getting movement from the "old way" of doing things to more efficient processes.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to find ways to attract talent, invest in and develop your current employees. The vision for the company and the suite of products is inspiring to reach for. I am excited to be a part of it.

Truckstop.com2018-05-18

May 22, 2018VP HR and OD

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive review. We are very excited about our future, and even have a concentrated effort to further develop our Culture for alignment and engagement.

"Growing Company with Opportunities for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture. - Fun work environment. - Lots of opportunity to grow - Hard work is rewarded

Cons

- Communication between offices sometimes lacks - Growing pains

Advice to Management

Stay focused and continue growing responsibly. Focus on development and improving our current product offerings.

Truckstop.com2018-03-13

March 20, 2018VP HR and OD

Your comments are appreciated. We are excited about our culture, and the opportunities that a growing company provides. Your advice is very much in line with our strategy.

"Growing Company with Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Growth opportunities -Great culture -Wonderful leadership and team dynamics -Great work/life balance -You can make a difference

Cons

-Growing Pains -Continually changing of focus. This has greatly improved over the last year.

Advice to Management

-Continue to have open communication of where we are heading and the plan for the future.

Truckstop.com2018-03-08

March 20, 2018VP HR and OD

We appreciate your comments and agree that communications are key to successful strategy achievement.

"Great culture and leadership"

Current Employee - Dev Ops in Fox River Grove, IL

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear company vision Fair compensation Fun work environment Room for career growth and support in personal development

Cons

some growing pains due to expansion but no real complaints

Advice to Management

The family culture and clear communications of goals and performance from the executive team are what make this place different and a great place to work.

Truckstop.com2018-02-14

February 27, 2018VP HR and OD

We appreciate your comments and recognition of our emphasis on culture and communications.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exec team sincerely cares about their partners/employees. 22 years and growing every year. Very loyal to this that have gotten them this far. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Growing pains and need a bit more focus on what is critical to grow the next 2-3 years to setup the next 22.

Advice to Management

Focus and execute.

Truckstop.com2018-01-02

January 8, 2018Director, Digital Marketing

Thank you for your feedback; it means a lot to us.

"SAAS Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product is legitimate, market is infinite and the company seems poised to become a major player.

Cons

Growing pains (good problem to have). There are your usual detractors that do not have a "sales" or "growth" mentality. They will get left behind as this company will look completely different in 1, 2 and 5 years.

Advice to Management

Do not stifle creativity or aggressive salespeople. As long as a salesperson has integrity and decent moral value, let them do what they are paid to do. Crush quota.

Truckstop.com2017-03-25

April 27, 2017VP HR & OD

Thank you for sharing your ideas and your passion for growing the business! The Company is committed to building a great brand customers can trust, and partners can take pride in.

"Partner - (Employed)"

Current Employee - Partner - (Employed) in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

To explain why Truckstop.com is the best company to work for, I use my experience. For 5+ years, I worked with a Managed Services company merging support for 20+ companies around the US. To do my job I would see each of the companies inner workings from management, support and how they treated their employees. I was released from the company and considered myself retired when Truckstop.com asked me to do some... private consulting for them. During that consulting period (30 days) I realized that Truckstop.com was the best company I had seen in my 30+ year career for many more reasons than what I am listing. 1- Compensation and Benefits are at level if not above the local economy. 2- They treat ALL of their employees as partners in their business and even call each other Partners. 3- The Work Life balance is strongly supported with sponsored Movies, Sporting events and many additional activities. 4- They have grown over 25% in the past year, me being one of the new "Partners". 5- They have new products in the market place that are innovative and address new industry needs. 6- They have acquired new companies, merging them into the Truckstop family. They really live what they say. It is called "The Truckstop Way!" and they discuss these in each of the company wide meetings. - The company mission is "To find a better way to create success for our customers by building stronger connections." - The company values are; • Integrity: Be honest and act with strong ethical principles • Innovation: Implement better and smarter ways to get things done • Accountability: Deliver on our promises, own our mistakes • Collaboration: Make great teams, even when we’re not the captain • Winning Attitude: Focus on possibilities and be persistent • Quality: Take pride in our work, do it right the first time • Charity: Treat others as we want to be treated, and give back to our community These are just some of the great reasons why Truckstop.com is the company I wanted to work for. I have recommended Truckstop.com to a number of friends and past co-workers.

Cons

Truckstop.com has grown very fast and to do that they need to become less of a family company and more of a business. There are some growing pains as they do this and some of the "older" partners are sometimes uncomfortable with change even though it makes the company stronger.

Advice to Management

Upper management is doing a Great job. Bringing salaries to industry standards has been great. Becoming more open in the hiring process is part of leaving the family style business.

Truckstop.com2017-01-02

March 17, 2017VP HR & OD

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in such detail. We are excited about the future of Truckstop.com and pleased that you sense that excitement.

"Best Work Environment I've Ever Experienced"

Current Employee - Implementation

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.) General atmosphere is refreshing and work-life balance is actually practiced, not just preached. 2.) Leadership promotes positive atmosphere and works hard at "going to bat" for each employee. 3.) Company is on the verge of going "super-saiyan" aka will knock the socks off all of its competitors with all the amazing developments now and around the bend...Which equates to personal and team developments. 4.)... If you want an opportunity to grow in one of the best environments in the transportation/tech industry, work here!

Cons

1.) Discrepancies in growth alignment partially hinders progress based on observations. 2.) Remote offices experience growing pains. 3.) All the things I dislike about working here are grouped under growing pains - but this is also an indication of a 'pro' - since the company is expanding beyond its previously small circle.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting an environment of work-life balance with emphasis on work-smart but work-hard if the earlier fails - and don't forget to play-hard!

Truckstop.com2016-11-21

"Truckstop.com is a best in class place to work!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truckstop.com is an exciting place to work and working with such great people makes it that much more of an outstanding company to be a part of! The Truckstop.com family are consistently being innovative with new ideas making products to truly help other businesses be more successful! Helping others is just one of the many gratifying reasons I enjoy working for Truckstop.com.

Cons

Keeping up with the technology industry has its growing pains - and we surely can understand with great success will come with mistakes and challenges. However, we are committed to learning from the mistakes and improving processes everyday.

Advice to Management

Simplify. Sometimes we have too many balls in the air - and focusing on what can improve the wildly and important goal will get us to where we want to be faster and with more quality.

Truckstop.com2016-11-21